Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Very true! Thanks, I will give it a shot just the past few days have me shattered. I did nothing today. Il be waking up at 6am for a full cram.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

I seen a post the other day about a case for limitations which would be useful - Greene. does anyone have any notes/comments on this? I don't have this one in my manual

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ihatethesea

2nd death today, I feel like things are getting more serious, is anyone else feeling like these shouldn't be going ahead ?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

20082014 wrote: »
    I seen a post the other day about a case for limitations which would be useful - Greene. does anyone have any notes/comments on this? I don't have this one in my manual

Thanks!!

Think this is it!!!!

https://www.mccannfitzgerald.com/knowledge/disputes/supreme-court-rules-expert-advice-can-stop-the-limitations-clock-in-certain-circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Professional negligence up last two sittings, safe to cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

2nd death today, I feel like things are getting more serious, is anyone else feeling like these shouldn't be going ahead ?

Ya same, but just because it’s the last exam I feel they will just go ahead with it

Cutting the most of it! Know the principles in Dunne incase it comes up. Basics of informed consent too. Half marks with them if I was stuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Cutting I think. Looking like:

Causation
    Economic Loss
    Nervous Shock
    Trespass to Person
    Limitations
    Vicarious
    Damages
    General DOC
    Public Authorities/Affirmative Duties
    Occupiers
    Passing Off
    Product Liability
    Fire & Animals

Causation
    Economic Loss
    Nervous Shock
    Trespass to Person
    Limitations
    Vicarious
    Damages
    General DOC
    Occupiers
    Passing Off
    Product Liability
    Fire & Animals

I'm very similar, I don't have Public Authorities/Affirmative Duties and have Land/Rylands/Nuisance and Res Ipsa.

I think I can maybe cram this much to a passable level tomorrow, anymore than that would be beyond me I feel. We would have to be a little bit unlucky not to get 5 with that I think.

What is affirmative duties? Is that under categories of DOC?

I'm very similar, I don't have Public Authorities/Affirmative Duties and have Land/Rylands/Nuisance and Res Ipsa.

I think I can maybe cram this much to a passable level tomorrow, anymore than that would be beyond me I feel. We would have to be a little bit unlucky not to get 5 with that I think.

What is affirmative duties? Is that under categories of DOC?

Yeah I agree it’d be unlucky. Affirmative duties is like Doody v Clark where the egg is thrown from the car and Flanagan v Houlihan re duty on publicans to prevent drink-driving

• Advertisement

Causation
    Economic Loss
    Nervous Shock
    Trespass to Person
    Limitations
    Vicarious
    Damages
    General DOC
    Occupiers
    Passing Off
    Product Liability
    Fire & Animals

I’m literally the exact same

I'm scared about this one guys ngl

• Registered Users Posts: 31 isawitfirst

I'm scared about this one guys ngl

bricking it,ngl

I think giving the circumstances we are all very much in the same boat, currently worried about particular family members possibility of not seeing them for weeks or how bad is it going to get. Feeling guilt for going ahead and attending the exam but pressure to sit it and not give up. Seriously impacted my study and this was the exam i felt confident about but yesterday was a no go. Will try steer clear of headlines today as it is getting worse by the hour. All we can do is turn up if the law society keep pushing ahead and do our best. Id have much prefer both exams got deferred for a couple of weeks till it was under control at least at that point the shock of it all would have sank in. I fear but not sitting this the next paper will be very tough in the summer so no choice keep going.

I think giving the circumstances we are all very much in the same boat, currently worried about particular family members possibility of not seeing them for weeks or how bad is it going to get. Feeling guilt for going ahead and attending the exam but pressure to sit it and not give up. Seriously impacted my study and this was the exam i felt confident about but yesterday was a no go. Will try steer clear of headlines today as it is getting worse by the hour. All we can do is turn up if the law society keep pushing ahead and do our best. Id have much prefer both exams got deferred for a couple of weeks till it was under control at least at that point the shock of it all would have sank in. I fear but not sitting this the next paper will be very tough in the summer so no choice keep going.

to not have sat the exam on friday and tomorrow would mean an extended indefinte period of study and I just know I don't have that in the tank and am too mentally fatigued, so it is worth remembering that at least in 26 hours we can put all this behind us. If we didn't sit them they'd still be hanging over our heads

Agreed. It is very selfish on my part but I keep thinking if this is a nice paper then the one in the summer will surely be a tough one so just going to go for it or I'll regret it. Not our fault the law society are pushing ahead with it despite everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Kellyg248

20082014 wrote: »
    Yes thats true, it was confirmed in a reply email from the Law Society. anyone who sits tort on Monday or sat EU on Friday, can do the additional sitting also!
    I did not recieve that email that states we can rewrite in the summer, would someone kind forwarding that to me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Kellyg248 wrote: »
    I did not recieve that email that states we can rewrite in the summer, would someone kind forwarding that to me please.

I’ve heard it from other people and have seen screenshots but I’m not happy relying on that, would much rather hear it from the source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Kellyg248

I’ve heard it from other people and have seen screenshots but I’m not happy relying on that, would much rather hear it from the source.
    Me too, I think I'll have to sit this one out as the concentration level has been nearly nil the last few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Kellyg248 wrote: »
    Me too, I think I'll have to sit this one out as the concentration level has been nearly nil the last few days!

Such a tough decision. I’m sure you know more then you think you do. I know the feeling though.

• Advertisement

Agreed. It is very selfish on my part but I keep thinking if this is a nice paper then the one in the summer will surely be a tough one so just going to go for it or I'll regret it. Not our fault the law society are pushing ahead with it despite everything

Exactly, beating myself up over Friday hence feeling the pressure to push on because of leave and costs, another 100 euro in their pocket because the effect on my study il most certainly be coughing up for the next exam. Who knows what curveball summer paper will be as this usual precedent paper is going ahead tomorrow. Id have much rather sat the paper we were due in a few weeks not half attempt now and pay again to go through thus in the summer.

Am going to cut a few topics well alot more than anticipated confidence level zero. Also had no library to go to yesterday hence no study as studying in share accom is not ideal, all libraries are shut!!

Is pure eco due a run, I was going to cut that and product liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Hey guys

In the home-stretch now.

Can someone confirm that the duties owed to a Recreational User and a Trespasser are the same? (ie: Not to be reckless/disregard/etc). Topic is Occupiers Liability.

Ty

JCormac wrote: »
    Hey guys

In the home-stretch now.

Can someone confirm that the duties owed to a Recreational User and a Trespasser are the same? (ie: Not to be reckless/disregard/etc). Topic is Occupiers Liability.

Ty

yes as of s4 occupiers liability act 1995

JCormac wrote: »
    Hey guys

In the home-stretch now.

Ty

That’s correct! FitzGerald v South Dublin County Council

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

What's an intentional tort? Q3 in Oct 2018

Also panicking majorly

ahhhhhFE1s wrote: »

Also panicking majorly

Trespass to Person I think?

ahhhhhFE1s wrote: »

Also panicking majorly

Intentional tiers include assault, battery, false imprisonment. Fall into the trespass to the person topic mainly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭ahhhhhFE1s

Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lawofattracti

Hi guys an update. I just rang the red cow and they have said the exams are cancelled.

• Advertisement

Hi guys an update. I just rang the red cow and they have said the exams are cancelled.

Seriously??

ya we're going to need more confirmation than that

what??

Is this for real?

No way? Surely they would send an email out

Ehh

• Advertisement

Had they changed the venue for Friday's exam?

I just phoned the red cow too, got the same confirmation

As in is it just the red cow which is cancelled? Surely an email re venue change would be sent?

I'm ploughing on with study until law society sends an email

What the fffffffffffffffffffff

• Advertisement

I'm ploughing on with study until law society sends an email

Yurt

They cant seriously have cancelled and wait till office opening hours to confirm tomorrow. If red cow is cancelled will get an email to confirm venue change or something the very least!!

I just phoned the red cow too, got the same confirmation

You didn't by any chance ask when it got cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

What's the situation with Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lawofattracti

You didn't by any chance ask when it got cancelled?
    They really didn't give much details but just said that they have been informed that they have been cancelled

I rang the red cow and was told it was cancelled. Also rang Neptune stadium as I’m sitting them there and they said they haven’t heard anything about it being cancelled yet

I haven’t been getting any emails from the law society despite ringing them and emailing them informing them that I haven’t been receiving them. Don’t know what to do know even concentrating is impossible.

As if the exams aren’t stressful enough :(

This is an absolute disaster, either it's cancelled which is crap after cramming for the last 3 days or it's not cancelled, but now I'm completely distracted and can't focus on study...exact same thing happened for EU ffs :mad:

I just rang, the law society called them at 11am this morning to cancel!!

They need to put them back on within weeks so study not wasted /starting from scratch. Sooner we hear the better so can go back to work and not waste any more leave.

Has anyone managed to get in contact with the law society?

I feel like I should keep studying until it's 100% confirmed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement