Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Cork has been cancelled also.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

How do you know this?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

I've emailed the FE1 address hopefully hear soon. Did neptune just get cancelled this minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I just rang the law society, 100% cancelled. An email should be going out in about 15 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Source? Sorry I’m so tense

I just rang the law society, 100% cancelled. An email should be going out in about 15 minutes

I just rang them and there’s no one there ?

I just rang them and there’s no one there ?

Did you ring the number they gave in the coronavirus advice link? 01 672 4934

• Registered Users Posts: 36 luimneachabu73

Source? Sorry I’m so tense

I called Victoria Gleeson the exam administrator - +353 01 672 4934

Thank you for confirming, I didn't think there would be anyone answering. Any more information? Screaming/angry disappointed and relieved all at the same time

• Advertisement

Just got through to the Law soc it’s definitely cancelled she said they will be held at the next earliest opportunity and students who hadn’t originally applied for eu or tort can sit them in summer

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Wish the would out on contract again too, I didn't sit it cause of this whole thing!

Absolutely sickened, after doing 3 exams and them going well felt I was really on roll to passing all 5. Now I don't know how to feel, so deflated by everything...having to do EU in the summer I could have dealt with but having both EU and Tort is brutal

Absolutely sickened, after doing 3 exams and them going well felt I was really on roll to passing my remaining 5. Now I don't know how to feel, so deflated by everything...having to do EU in the summer I could have dealt with but having both EU and Tort is brutal

Keep reading so your not starting from scratch again. See it like this with the extra time you'll be guaranteed to get remaining two, at least we will be getting the tort paper that was due tomorrow. It is an absolute disaster all the leave gone to waste but there are much bigger problems right now. Id be happy if they put them on in the month when all this has died down and more precautions in place but not from June il die.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭HappyKitten62

Surely they’ll email us by 1pm?

Does anyone think when they have the exams in the summer that they will be on the day after one another? That would be so rough

• Advertisement

Surely they’ll email us by 1pm?

When I spoke on the phone they said they were having an issue with their system that was delaying them or something to that effect

When I spoke on the phone they said they were having an issue with their system that was delaying them or something to that effect

Thanks for this. I’m just worried about being sure it’s canceled without the official confirmation :( they defo told you this on the phone ? Then it’s cancelled

Thanks for this. I’m just worried about being sure it’s canceled without the official confirmation :( they defo told you this on the phone ? Then it’s cancelled

Yes confirmed by phone. I don't blame you for waiting for official confirmation though

Yes confirmed by phone. I don't blame you for waiting for official confirmation though

Thank you. My nerves are in shreds.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

Can’t believe this

• Advertisement

Email has just gone out

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Emails are in! Cancelled

Wow

Great shot at passing at least. Not ready to think what this means for my traineeship at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bobsyourbrief

This was the correct decision to take from the start and I'm happy to see they've put our health and safety first.
    I don't know what this means for people like myself who need to know when the next sitting is with regards to September - hopefully we get some clarity on that soon. Best of luck everyone.

Wow

Great shot at passing at least. Not ready to think what this means for my traineeship at the moment

What happens to us who are meant to do a pre seat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

I’d prefer if they didn’t say they’ll give us a refund and just told us the new date!!! Have to apply again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Although am not sitting tort I am happy they cancelled them. I sat Eu on Friday and since last night started to feel a bit off. A cough and blocked nose with headache is probably a normal cold but very hard not to be paranoid at the moment. I am trying to think we’re I have been the last few weeks and for the last two weeks I have been at home studying went out to supermarket to get some messages but that’s all. I sat constitution and Eu . But again hopefully is just a normal cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Coulter97

No doubt the incoming global recession that's definitely here post-COVID is going to seriously effect the availability of TC's with firms now.

Lower numbers and greater competition I'd imagine. It's going to get harder. Hope you guys already have TC's lined up!

Exhaustion is setting in now haha what a rollercoaster

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Anyone here like me who’s in need of a job having completed 6 fe1s to date 4 passed and awaiting results of 2 more, looking for a job ? Seems a scary prospect not having a job with the possibility of a recession and the uncertainty at the moment, finding traineeship going to be tough

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

What happens to us who are meant to do a pre seat :(

what is a pre seat

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Guys, at the end of the day we will adapt. The firms will adapt for those who were relying upon results for traineeships etc. These were unprecedented times, but they will not be fatal. We got this far, we will go further still. Thanks for all the help and laughs along the way, shall see a good few of you back here when the new dates are announced. For now, get a nights sleep, think we have all earned it after the stress of the last few weeks.

spygirl wrote: »
    Guys, at the end of the day we will adapt. The firms will adapt for those who were relying upon results for traineeships etc. These were unprecedented times, but they will not be fatal. We got this far, we will go further still. Thanks for all the help and laughs along the way, shall see a good few of you back here when the new dates are announced. For now, get a nights sleep, think we have all earned it after the stress of the last few weeks.

Agree 100%, it has to be worked out and so it will be. For now let’s hope the country can get through this with as little hardship as possible!

spygirl wrote: »

So true it’s not the end of the world we can just resit it and go with it until then

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

Will the Tort re-sit be available to everybody? I have three left and I've never sat Tort. It would be handy to be able to do one exam and then leave 2 for October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Breacnua

Will the Tort re-sit be available to everybody? I have three left and I've never sat Tort. It would be handy to be able to do one exam and then leave 2 for October.

I’d say so

I’d say it’ll be just for the people that didn’t get to sit it yesterday! But I’m only guessing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Anyone have any good notes for EU?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 PerryMason2020

I spoke to the Law Society and they confirmed that it will be open to anyone who wants to sit it. No dates as yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

law society will have dates of rescheduled sitting by this Friday 20th March

Thinking of sitting EU when the extra dates are released!!! Can anyone give me some sort of guidance as to what topics to cover?

Hi All,

is the rescheduled sitting going to just be Tort and EU?

Or will this be a full exam sitting?

thinking of doing Constitutional on its own in the Spring if i have the option. haven't began study yet so advise welcome.

Danielle

lawDani wrote: »
    Hi All,

thinking of doing Constitutional on its own in the Spring if i have the option. haven't began study yet so advise welcome.

Danielle

Just EU and tort according to the email

law society will have dates of rescheduled sitting by this Friday 20th March

Did they tell you this?

Hi All,

Danielle

It may be worth sending an email and ask the law society. I have a friend who didn’t sit constitutional as she was being cautious because she has a condition that compromises her inmune system. So although at that point the law society were still holding the exams there were people who didn’t show up because they have to think of their health.

• Advertisement

jewels652 wrote: »
    It may be worth sending an email and ask the law society. I have a friend who didn’t sit constitutional as she was being cautious because she has a condition that compromises her inmune system. So although at that point the law society were still holding the exams there were people who didn’t show up because they have to think of their health.

ah thank you for the input. i hope your friend is ok...
    the lady on the phone said it may be more or less an Extra sitting. id say we find out on Friday anyway.

would it be illogical to attempt constitutional in two months?

the lady on the phone said it may be more or less an Extra sitting. id say we find out on Friday anyway.

You said they’d know by Friday in a previous message. Is that a guess or were you told this?

You said they’d know by Friday in a previous message. Is that a guess or were you told this?

i was told this on the phone

Did they tell you this?

i spoke to Fiona in the education centre and she said she will have the dates by Friday

I think two months should be enough time for one exam you can squeeze another exam and you should be fine.
    When you spoke to the lady in the education centre did you ask her if the dates to be release was for all the 8 exams or just Eu and tort?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement