Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cowboy123456

They could potentially be waiting until a decision is made on resists so that they can enclose details of them along with our results in the post. As they normally include details of the next upcoming sitting with results.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

CMUL wrote: »
    When I log in its saying login access issues even though I am logged in at top right hand corner??? Do I need to get on to them before results or is this normal?

That does not come up for me. Maybe contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

I emailed them and this is the response

Thank you for your email. I am happy to assist. You will not be able to access until your results are published. You will receive an email with more information about the FE1 results.

Doubt they are coming Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

No, doubt it too. They normally give a weeks notice , that being said nothing is "normal" at the moment. There are a number of issues such as resist dates for EU law and the autum dates for the next sitting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

To be fair it also makes sense for them to wait until after the announcement on Tuesday 5th to publish details of the EU exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

I don't see how the timing of a postponed sitting in any way affects the release of exam results via an online portal. I am sure the Law Society have the ability to send more than one email.

It's just utter disorganisation on their part, as usual. This is what happens when there is no competition.

Take a look at how the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Inns of Court there are managed in comparison to what we're dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cowboy123456

Just got a reply from their Facebook saying they are still aiming to release results in early May, and will send an email as soon as this is officially confirmed. So not looking like it’s gonna be this Friday after all.

I guess it's only fair on people who did have their exam postponed to receive a resit date when they are receiving any other results from the last sitting. It may have an impact on trainee contracts etc. It's looking unlikely for this friday , hopefully everything will be clearer next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 LJones18

Law society responded to my email yesterday saying the provisional date is still 1st May for results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

I don't see how the timing of a postponed sitting in any way affects the release of exam results via an online portal. I am sure the Law Society have the ability to send more than one email.

It's just utter disorganisation on their part, as usual. This is what happens when there is no competition.

Take a look at how the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Inns of Court there are managed in comparison to what we're dealing with.

I agree. Where is the difficulty in getting the scripts to the correctors, or in them relaying results to the the LS?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aideenc18

The Law Society have just responded to my email. I asked them to confirm whether the results will be out Friday and if not, to confirm the alternative date.

‘The 1st of May is still a provisional date, we hope to confirm with you soon.’

I’m not sure what the delay is and quite frankly it’s just causing additional stress for everyone involved but seemingly Friday is still a possibility guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mydogwentroof

aideenc18 wrote: »
    The Law Society have just responded to my email. I asked them to confirm whether the results will be out Friday and if not, to confirm the alternative date.

‘The 1st of May is still a provisional date, we hope to confirm with you soon.’

I’m not sure what the delay is and quite frankly it’s just causing additional stress for everyone involved but seemingly Friday is still a possibility guys!

Yeah you're right I mean either tell us they are or they aren't - cut all this provisional **** ...what's going to change in a matter of two days?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

The country is in lockdown. The Law Society is closed. The vast majority of the staff are working from home, so I can understand why there are delays with results and logistical issues.

vid36 wrote: »
    The country is in lockdown. The Law Society is closed. The vast majority of the staff are working from home, so I can understand why there are delays with results and logistical issues.

I understand that due to the circumstances there are delays. All we want is transparency and to tell us that there are delays rather than giving us the same robotic answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 aideenc18

vid36 wrote: »

Postal services are still running as usual (albeit with delays). Emails can still be sent. PPCII is still running online.

I appreciate there are difficulties but a more informative email would be appreciated as opposed to the generic ‘will be confirmed later’. If there was a delay in marking the papers due to Covid I would understand completely, or if they expect a delay getting the results by post, but just let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Spreece

OK, stop moaning everyone, they've confirmed that results will be available on Friday at 10am. Just have a read back of the last couple of pages, the level of moaning and complaining is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I’m scared.

Best of luck on Friday all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

See ya'll here on Friday when the Law Society's website crashes :D

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 htnor

Anyone else not get the email yet...

htnor wrote: »
    Anyone else not get the email yet...

I did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Anyone else wondering if they have sent out the results in the post yet and maybe some people might have them tomorrow?? That's probably being way too overly optimistic! Would be surprised if we actually get results Friday and the site doesn't crash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawhelp123

Sorry to hijack but not sure where else to ask this

Depending on Friday's results I may have now passed all 8 FE1s. The thing is though that in the 2 years its taken me to do them I've come to the conclusion that I would probably rather qualify as a Barrister than a Solicitor. So with all the uncertainty around training contracts etc atm I'm strongly considering taking the plunge and just signing up for the King's Inns entrance exams this summer (or whenever they happen)

Just wondering if anyone knows if any allowance is made by King's Inns if you've already passed the FE1s? I'm assuming realistically that you still need to sit those subjects again anyway

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Now to keep myself busy until Friday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Anyone else not gotten an email yet?

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    Anyone else not gotten an email yet?

Me! Never happened before, hoping its just delayed..

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

lawhelp123 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack but not sure where else to ask this

Depending on Friday's results I may have now passed all 8 FE1s. The thing is though that in the 2 years its taken me to do them I've come to the conclusion that I would probably rather qualify as a Barrister than a Solicitor. So with all the uncertainty around training contracts etc atm I'm strongly considering taking the plunge and just signing up for the King's Inns entrance exams this summer (or whenever they happen)

Just wondering if anyone knows if any allowance is made by King's Inns if you've already passed the FE1s? I'm assuming realistically that you still need to sit those subjects again anyway

Thanks!
    I'm 10 years a barrister and I think anyone would be mad to think about qualifying now. I would have said the same thing last October but doubly so now.

The profession was already on its last legs. Coronavirus is just about sweeping those legs away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Now to keep myself busy until Friday morning...

I plan on drinking the entire day tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

I'm 10 years a barrister and I think anyone would be mad to think about qualifying now. I would have said the same thing last October but doubly so now.

The profession was already on its last legs. Coronavirus is just about sweeping those legs away.

Could you expand upon this statement please. I understand that barrister route is much harder to get established then the solicitor route but is it really a dead end either way at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lawhelp123

Part of my reasoning that I’m leaning again qualifying as a solicitor is that I’m not sure anymore that I actually want to practice law, at least in Ireland. I definitely do want to qualify as a lawyer though, which was my thinking behind doing the BL degree. I don’t necessarily want to practice as a barrister, more for it to hopefully open the door to in-house jobs or jobs abroad etc

It’s obviously more exams and a tough year of studying, but it seems more doable than getting a decent training contract atm tbh, but maybe I’m being too negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 benny994

Hi how are you?

I have set fe1 criminal law for the first time. I was very stressed but prepares basically I highlighted all the cases and legislation, used ILAC, essay plan but the problem was that I was not able to complete last question. I just wrote few bullets point of the 5 question because there was not time. From your experience so you think that I can fail it?

Thank you

Federica

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Anyone else still not gotten an email regarding results?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

I didn’t either, didn’t even know about it until a friend told me about the email. So I rang the law soc to let them know and they sent it to me straight away then. Definitely ring in the morning just so you have login details for Friday. It’s stressful enough not to mind not having login details!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭lawgrad15

I also didn't get one but then again it's not the first time I didn't get an email from them.

I have said no because of s 6 that says intoxication can’t be insanity. I said that it could be automatism because it was an external factor that was making him loose control

What did ye make of question 6 lads? Proper tough one!!

I have sais that can be murder first because he had AC and MR. then I have said that intoxication is not applicable for insanity(internal factor)defense for s5.1 act 2006 and then I said that as a defense he can use automatism due to the drug(external factor). If the defense is accept it can be manshlaugter because there was no clear evidence of MR

The question was about the a guy intoxicated for several year for drugs, he stabb his father because tv said to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoaoaoao2019

Is an exemption for EU/Tort for those who weren’t able to sit them even a remote possibility? Regardless what is announced May 5th it’s really difficult to see a scenario where they’re able to schedule sittings over the summer and have results out in time for commencement of PPC I, isn’t it? Wishful thinking I know

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭rightytighty

Is an exemption for EU/Tort for those who weren’t able to sit them even a remote possibility? Regardless what is announced May 5th it’s really difficult to see a scenario where they’re able to schedule sittings over the summer and have results out in time for commencement of PPC I, isn’t it? Wishful thinking I know

Maybe for the people who committed to sitting tort before it was cancelled? They should’ve gone ahead with it for them, they’d already done the damage by allowing EU to go ahead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Blue_pens17

Details of the results for the March 2020 FE-1 sitting will be published at 10am on Friday 1 May 2020.

Taken from the Law Soc. Hopefully they give an indication of the dates of the additional sittings tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

htnor wrote: »
    Me! Never happened before, hoping its just delayed..

I only got mine yesterday at 15:30..

lawDani wrote: »
    I only got mine yesterday at 15:30..

Got the email re results this morning thankfully.

Also while I was on to them I asked about whether I could sit Tort and EU whenever it is rescheduled despite having not been registered to sit them in March. They replied straight away and said the Tort and EU exams "will be open for all candidates to apply" however no dates confirmed yet due to ongoing health crisis. Not sure if anyone else was aware of this I thought I was stupid to ask! Great news though for anyone like me who was planning to sit Tort or EU in October who might want to get them done.

I doubt they will be able to give a date for these exams until more guidelines given by government, but due to Leaving Cert being able to go ahead and the need for Tort/EU to be completed for those starting Blackhall in September, I would assume we can expect July/August?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Good luck today everyone!

Good Luck to everyone today!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Best of luck to everyone this morning :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Aoaoaoao2019

Best of luck folks

Good luck!

Good luck - if you fail just remember it's because you are a failure

Law Society website not loading, lol. Why did I bother setting an alarm?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭L.E.D

Law Society website not loading, lol. Why did I bother setting an alarm?

Same for me!! But I'm up since 6 so no alarm, I'm living in the bliss that I haven't failed cause I don't know yet 😂

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement