Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Anyone willing to swap/sell an Equity manual? Hard or soft copy but preferably one from 2019! I have manuals and lots of other stuff I could swap for Criminal, Contract, Constitutional and Tort.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Anyone got a reply from Law Soc re carrying over exams passed previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 smiley1989

I phoned the law society this morning. What we have to do is email the fe-1 section requesting to carry on any exams previously passed, they will then give this information to the educational officer and they will examine each individual request.

She did not want to guarantee me that i will be able to carry forward the exams that I have passed and she could not give me a time frame as to when I would hear back from the educational officer.

She told me to send my application form and they can ammend it when I get confirmation on carrying forward the previously passed exams

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭CiaranS93

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have up to date exam grids for Equity, Tort, Constitutional and EU? I have key notes for the main topics in Criminal, Company and Property.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ahona

So do we study for the papers or wait until we hear from them?

Very confused now!

smiley1989 wrote: »
    I phoned the law society this morning. What we have to do is email the fe-1 section requesting to carry on any exams previously passed, they will then give this information to the educational officer and they will examine each individual request.

She did not want to guarantee me that i will be able to carry forward the exams that I have passed and she could not give me a time frame as to when I would hear back from the educational officer.

She told me to send my application form and they can ammend it when I get confirmation on carrying forward the previously passed exams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ahona

If you didnt get it, I can share Constitution grid (upto March 2019)

Hey all, would anyone be willing to send me some up to date grids?

I'm looking for Company, Constitutional, EU and Equity.

I can trade for loads of stuff, I have notes for almost every topic in every subject, papers, examiner reports, sample qs etc, would really appreciate it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawboy

ahona wrote: »
    If you didnt get it, I can share Constitution grid (upto March 2019)

where can i get sample answers PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lawboy

TBH I've moved away from making notes somewhat as it's extremely time-consuming. I've been looking at sample answers from past papers instead and highlighting the cases that are being used. Cuts out a lot of material!

I will probably go back and make notes using those cases which seem to be used most frequently in the sample answers.

Good luck!

Hugo, where did you get the sample answers???? please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Does anyone have an up to date contract grid? Or know what came up in October? Mine goes as far as last March.. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Theredbeantin

PROPERTY, EQUITY & CONTRACT
    sample answers + grids

Hey! Attempting to study in this bleak month. I am looking at property, equity, and contract.
    I am wondering if anyone can help me out with sample answers to exams from the 2018 and 2019 sittings/grids for property and equity?
    I have manuals and sample answers from 2012 to 2017, but would like to get my hands on the recent ones.
    Willing to swap what I have in return.
    I seem to wrok better with sample answers and the questions...I lose the will to live pouring over the manuals for too long!

I am looking for sample answers/grid for contract? I have an old manual, and I am assuming it will suffice?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Hey guys,

For those who have sat EU and Constitutional before, which of the two would you pick if you were feeling under pressure with time?
    Going to sit either one with Equity but starting from scratch today and Constitutional just looks massive but is EU just as time consuming?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭supercreative

Does anyone know for Criminal do you have to say what the max sentence is for the crime the person's committed in the problem questions? Feels like a lot of detail to learn off if it's not actually necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mcgreee

Does anyone have Griffith sample answers for Property, Tort, EU and Equity? I can swap for Criminal, Constitutional, Company and Contract.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

Would anyone have any notes for Constitutional, Equity or Company that they could maybe sell me? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Amanda226

Hey would anyone have an up to date exam grid and the past three papers and exam reports for tort they would be willing to swap? I have equity and company material :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭CMUL

Im doing both and I'd say go with EU. While it is quite large they are some predictable topies, direct effect, annnulment action, FMOG are definite topics. With Constitution it is very unpredictable and you will need to cover more topics. Equity is quite large as well in that you have to cover a lot of topics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I'm planing on doing the fe1s this year just wondering what advice people would have for what ones to do together and is it worth doing the prep courses? I'm working full time and out of college since 2016. I've spoken to a few friends who are doing them or have done them but would like some more advice as I'm a bit at a loss as to how to proceed with studying for the exams.

also looking for manuals etc if anyone is selling

Would tort, property, contract, and company be an ok four to start with?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

I would personally go for Criminal, Property, Equity and Contract for the first sitting. Tort is very large course and unpredictable. Company can be very difficult some sittings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redcow123

Amanda226 wrote: »
    Hey would anyone have an up to date exam grid and the past three papers and exam reports for tort they would be willing to swap? I have equity and company material :)

I can swap tort for some equity material?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VB1995

Does anyone have an up to date exam grid for contract law? Also an examiners report for the October 2019 sitting. Sat 4 in October and passed 2 so have to go again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

smiley1989 wrote: »

Did they tell you what information needed to be included in the email?

I tried ringing the Law Society and they immediately transferred me to a prerecorded message from November 15th...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Jimdtug1

Quick Tip - Always look at scripts of failed exams if you are anywhere near close to passing. I failed Constitutional, got 45. Checked the script in the Law Society and noticed a question i had answered and been awarded 11 marks for was not added to the total on the front of the script. The paper had been checked by the external examiner. When i rang the Law Society and informed them they were of the opinion that 45 was the correct mark and that i was mistaken. Two days later i received a call informing me that a mistake had indeed been made and that my correct score was 56 and a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bex20

Does anyone have an updated Exam Grid for Contract, Company and Equity that they would be willing to share/sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭lawDani

L.E.D wrote: »
    Ok guy, have some good news!!!!

I some to the fe1 section in the law society, wanted to confirm the magic 3 is done away with....it is!! But!!!!!.....

I asked about previous exams that I passed in October 2019, (didn't get the three) and she told me to request in email that I want to carry the exam I passed

So if you email you won't have to resit exams you passed
    this is amazing news i feel like crying. Sat my first three in October and passed 1. emailed the LawSoc there here's hoping...

did you successfully carry your pass over from Oct 19?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 superS

Does anyone have a copy of the Oct 19 paper for company, tort, EU and property?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 steveeq

Anybody have any idea when the examiner reports are going to be published for the sitting just gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Law1997

steveeq wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea when the examiner reports are going to be published for the sitting just gone?

Not until the rechecks unfortunately. It’s so they can give an accurate figure for the pass rates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭illy.m

Company

Hey guys, anyone have an up to date grid for company law? Any suggestions on to how to approach it? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

Hi guys,
    I am looking for sample questions and answers for Eu and constitutional. I have materials for other subjects that I can share.
    Tía

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hey y'all

I'm still looking for grids for Equity, Company and EU.

Would really really appreciate it if someone has them, can trade for stuff for every subject. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Does any kind soul have an up-to-date Tort Grid (with the Question numbers beside the topic as it came up in each exam) that they would be willing to trade?

Have notes for the other FE1s I can give!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

JCormac wrote: »
    Does any kind soul have an up-to-date Tort Grid (with the Question numbers beside the topic as it came up in each exam) that they would be willing to trade?

Have notes for the other FE1s I can give!

Hey there, I have a Tort grid up to March 2019 with the Q numbers included if you want. I should have the Tort paper lying around somewhere so I could give you the Qs for October 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭JCormac

Hey there, I have a Tort grid up to March 2019 with the Q numbers included if you want. I should have the Tort paper lying around somewhere so I could give you the Qs for October 2019

Great, thank you so much! I'll PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Reya10

Anyone have an up to date EU grid? Can swap ones for Tort/Contract/Criminal/Constitutional

• Registered Users Posts: 8 CDarrall

Hiya guys,

Does anyone have sample answers for Company, EU, Constitutional or Equity?

Have some grids/ notes I can swap :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭user115

Anyone have notes on Equity to swap for notes on Company, I used just them last sitting and passed so notes are very accurate.

Also grid for equity would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 neamhsplach

Anyone get an update from the Law Society re the carried over exams yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 9 shambles2020

Anyone have any Equity notes and property exam questions and answers they're willing to share. I have grids and exam reports to trade for every subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Vegetarian2017

Jimdtug1 wrote: »
    Quick Tip - Always look at scripts of failed exams if you are anywhere near close to passing. I failed Constitutional, got 45. Checked the script in the Law Society and noticed a question i had answered and been awarded 11 marks for was not added to the total on the front of the script. The paper had been checked by the external examiner. When i rang the Law Society and informed them they were of the opinion that 45 was the correct mark and that i was mistaken. Two days later i received a call informing me that a mistake had indeed been made and that my correct score was 56 and a pass.

Wow that is crazy, it must be some relief!:pac: You will be checking them all now!

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭jewels652

CDarrall wrote: »
    Hiya guys,

Does anyone have sample answers for Company, EU, Constitutional or Equity?

Have some grids/ notes I can swap :)

I have for company and equity. I am hoping that some kind soul can share the sample answers for Eu and constitutional :(
    Pm and I’ll email them to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Anyone else a bit clueless as to where to start with Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Jeremiah25 wrote: »
    Anyone else a bit clueless as to where to start with Constitutional?
    Dont start with Constitutional interpretation unless you want to totally turn yourslef off it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnsKite

Does anyone know where I can find the exact dates for each of the March exams?

Edit: never mind, found them on the application form, just printed the first 2 pages and ignored the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭z6vm1dobfnca3x

Would any kind soul be willing to send me past papers from October 2019 so that I can update my grids? Or updated grids if you have them!

Just for property, equity and criminal

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Anyone hear anything about carrying over exams yet? I’m getting so impatient - need to book days off at work for exams and don’t know my head from my elbow! J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bex20

Has anyone got an email about when the rechecks results are out ? I know the provisional date was the 17th but thought we would get an email the week before

• Registered Users Posts: 7 neamhsplach

Bex20 wrote: »
    Has anyone got an email about when the rechecks results are out ? I know the provisional date was the 17th but thought we would get an email the week before

Not yet, might get one on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jackbergin777

Hey,

Does anyone know what topics came up in the last sitting of the equity exam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawStudent96

Anyone have an up to date Tort grid? I have Contract and Equity grids to March '19 and EU to March '18 to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Hamerzan Sickles

Hey,

Does anyone know what topics came up in the last sitting of the equity exam ?

Off the top of my head (no idea where my exam paper is now) -

Quistclose Trusts
    Mandatory Interlocutory Injunctions
    Tracing
    Promissory Estoppel
    Specific Performance
    Charitable Trusts
    Short Answer Q, two of which were Re Hastings Bass and Strong v Bird
    Secret Trusts (?)

The above are not in order of how they came up in the exam. I'm not certain of the last question being secret trusts but if you search back to October in this thread, I remember someone posting all of the topics per question -- that person did say that constructive trusts came up as a portion of the estoppel question but I don't think that was accurate.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement