Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Fe1student1234

spygirl wrote: »
    Just curious, wondering if anyone concerned about sitting in an exam hall? Has anyone had confirmation of what the measures are on the day? sent back form etc but no response or letter.
    Considering not sitting, but concerned am being an alarmist, just wondering what others thoughts are.

Considering that if things get worse in winter may be skipping October using the logic currently going around my head at the moment. Not looking for advice, just wondering if I am the only one pausing for thought.

I think at this stage I just want to know what the plan is for next week in the exam halls.

I’m assuming because of the number of locations everyone will be spread out very well plus you have to wear a mask.

I never got a response either after filling out the form

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭nmurphy1441

Currently tabbing for EU... Have I left something out???

Art 18-25, 30-36, 45-62, 110, 263, 267

Dir 2004/38

Might regret it but leaving out competition entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lcork23

Does anyone know if we need to drop our EU legislation off the day before. I presume not but want to double check?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keelfe1s

Lcork23 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we need to drop our EU legislation off the day before. I presume not but want to double check?

No...No need to drop EU the day before.. They are doing spot checks in the exam hall during exam!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

keelfe1s wrote: »
    No...No need to drop EU the day before.. They are doing spot checks in the exam hall during exam!!

What, picking up your sources and flicking through them during the exam. Joy. That won't be distracting in the slightest. Perfectly hygienic as well. Honestly though I would be more concerned about the distraction tbh. Even when they would stroll down to check ID at the desk in previous sitting I was like a bear lol

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭lsheehaneire

Are we allowed wear the face visers ? ( not sure of the technical name for them !) Instead of struggling to breath under the mask.

I'm leaving out competition too. It's such a large topic and alot of learning to cover all bases for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Aoibhin511

Are we allowed wear the face visers ? ( not sure of the technical name for them !) Instead of struggling to breath under the mask.

Face shields are not as protective as masks so probably not

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Lallers96

Visors were proven completely pointless without a mask

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Boltabb

To follow up on my post yesterday re the letter not arriving - it still has not arrived, and the postman has been. If anyone is in same position waiting, you're not alone.

Edit - I got through, there are some people who will be getting their details emailed as their letters were sent more recently than others. If this helps anybody's anxiety!

• Advertisement

I have emailed Law Society to confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DUMSURFER

Boltabb wrote: »
    To follow up on my post yesterday re the letter not arriving - it still has not arrived, and the postman has been. If anyone is in same position waiting, you're not alone.

I wouldn't be waiting for it to come, ring and get them to email it to you today. Last October my letter only arrived the day of my first exam, which was no good seeing as I was half way up the country in the Red Cow... So, just don't trust that it's coming tomorrow because if it doesn't (which is very possible) then you'll just be stressing all weekend and waste so much time trying to sort it out Monday.

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    I wouldn't be waiting for it to come, ring and get them to email it to you today. Last October my letter only arrived the day of my first exam, which was no good seeing as I was half way up the country in the Red Cow... So, just don't trust that it's coming tomorrow because if it doesn't (which is very possible) then you'll just be stressing all weekend and waste so much time trying to sort it out Monday.

I emailed as they hadn’t posted mine and all they said was they’d be posting it yesterday.

Had to send another email asking to confirm where I am sitting my exam as that could mean it may not get here in time but they would not give me my exam number just said it was in the letter

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

I emailed as they hadn’t posted mine and all they said was they’d be posting it yesterday.

Had to send another email asking to confirm where I am sitting my exam as that could mean it may not get here in time but they would not give me my exam number just said it was in the letter

I changed my address a couple of weeks ago and contacted them to confirm the change went through before they sent the letters, which they did.... still sent to old address :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

For anyone who hasn't received their letter, (please don't take this as Gospel) but if it helps with logistics/planning - it seems that if your surname is higher up in the alphabet, you'll be in the RDS but if you're lower down then you'll be in Croke Park (this is just from anecdotal evidence from speaking with friends).

That's bizarre... I'd ring again if it doesn't come tomorrow and demand they email it. Can't honestly expect you to wait for the postman on Monday morning with your fingers crossed.

DUMSURFER wrote: »
    That's bizarre... I'd ring again if it doesn't come tomorrow and demand they email it. Can't honestly expect you to wait for the postman on Monday morning with your fingers crossed.

They’re an actual joke

They’re so unorganized and don’t seem to care about how lack of communication affects the people doing the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vid36

EmmaO94 wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't received their letter, (please don't take this as Gospel) but if it helps with logistics/planning - it seems that if your surname is higher up in the alphabet, you'll be in the RDS but if you're lower down then you'll be in Croke Park (this is just from anecdotal evidence from speaking with friends).

The numbers are always arranged alphabetically too.

If it helps anyone, I'm an N and in the RDS so its not straight down the middle of the alphabet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭20082014

I think it is people who were previously registered to sit the exam in March are in Croke Park whereas people who registered for the exam over the summer are in the RDS. I was due to sit it in March and I am in Croke Park but friends who decided to sit the exam after the august sitting announcement are in the RDS and some of those have the same letter surname as me.

Perhaps they are doing this as the Croke Park exams will needed to be corrected ASAP due to some of those people depending on the result for Blackhall this September? But then again other people will need to know their results quickly also as they will need to know what exams to register for in the October sitting.. very hard to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Booker4

I also haven't gotten my letter - quelle surpris! Could someone tell me whether the exam number is the same as the last sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Legaleagle37

20082014 wrote: »
    I think it is people who were previously registered to sit the exam in March are in Croke Park whereas people who registered for the exam over the summer are in the RDS. I was due to sit it in March and I am in Croke Park but friends who decided to sit the exam after the august sitting announcement are in the RDS and some of those have the same letter surname as me.

Perhaps they are doing this as the Croke Park exams will needed to be corrected ASAP due to some of those people depending on the result for Blackhall this September? But then again other people will need to know their results quickly also as they will need to know what exams to register for in the October sitting.. very hard to know!

I’ve been registered since March and sitting in RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

20082014 wrote: »

I was registered to take the exam in March and I am in the RDS! Which is very annoying because I live in North Dublin so I'm way closer to croke park:confused:

Still no letter and my post arrives early enough in the morning, around 10 I would say. I've emailed yesterday and no reply. How can the law society employ administrators so bad at their job.

What number can people ring because this is a complete joke. I have booked my hotel which is a 5min walk from the RDS and sure for all I know I'm down for Croke Park. I don't know my exam number, I don't know where I'm sitting in either stadium, I don't know if I'm to wear a mask or not, or anything about this exam at all.

Lallers96 wrote: »
    Still no letter and my post arrives early enough in the morning, around 10 I would say. I've emailed yesterday and no reply. How can the law society employ administrators so bad at their job.

What number can people ring because this is a complete joke. I have booked my hotel which is a 5min walk from the RDS and sure for all I know I'm down for Croke Park. I don't know my exam number, I don't know where I'm sitting in either stadium, I don't know if I'm to wear a mask or not, or anything about this exam at all.

If you look up the law society website they have a number for reception and ask to be transferred to the FE1 section

They seem to be dragging their heels in with giving out info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 law405

Hi does anyone have the most recent report for Torts? Would really appreciate it! Thanks

I rang 01 672 4802 and I got my seat number...for Croke Park. Great. An hour walk from my hotel, fuc*ing fantastic.

They said they're asking some students to come in at 10am-1pm rather than 9.30am-12.30am, because of government concerns about people indoors. I'm the usual half 9 slot but if you haven't received your letter then ring that number because you could be screwed sideways by this shower who don't bother contacting you. They said I'd get an email of all the information for the exam today, but I guarantee that's only because I rang today.

Edit: I'm L on the alphabet, and it's my first sitting so there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it

If you look up the law society website they have a number for reception and ask to be transferred to the FE1 section

They seem to be dragging their heels in with giving out info

I'd make sure to ring the 4802 number I have above, as when I rang the general 4800 number which is just the law society's number I got an unbelievable rude person who just cut me off and then on third try she transferred me over to a number that just rang out without saying a word to me

Does anyone have the Tort paper and Examiner Report from October 2019?

Also if anyone has sample answers for it, I'd be eternally grateful! Can send back anything anyone needs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

Just curious, wondering if anyone concerned about sitting in an exam hall? Has anyone had confirmation of what the measures are on the day? sent back form etc but no response or letter.
    Considering not sitting, but concerned am being an alarmist, just wondering what others thoughts are.

Considering that if things get worse in winter may be skipping October using the logic currently going around my head at the moment. Not looking for advice, just wondering if I am the only one pausing for thought.

I think at this stage I just want to know what the plan is for next week in the exam halls.

They cant have more than 50 in any hall and that includes the people running the exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭EmmaO94

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    If it helps anyone, I'm an N and in the RDS so its not straight down the middle of the alphabet

I'm an 'O' and in Croker, so maybe that's the cut-ff point? Unclear though!

I also received a second random letter today from the Law Soc with my March results and saying how to request a copy of my exam scripts (implying they'll email them out?) Would be super handy than having to go view them!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭spygirl

Still no letter, but rang them received student number etc. They have also sent it by email just there.
    In the RDS but am starting my exam later. seems they are staggering start times in the RDS. I am hall 8D and starting at 10am. Car park open from 8:30 am, use Simmonscourt road entrance. 7 euro fee for parking. Bring your own mask etc.
    Staggered times for some so not all coming and going at same time, that's actually good. 50 to a room, 2m rule in place. JIC anyone is a bit concerned about social distancing etc, they are observing it in full.

I'm an 'O' and in Croker, so maybe that's the cut-ff point? Unclear though!

I also received a second random letter today from the Law Soc with my March results and saying how to request a copy of my exam scripts (implying they'll email them out?) Would be super handy than having to go view them!

I never got my results letter but I emailed and requested to see my scripts back in May had to email them a few times before they actually sent my scripts

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

Just got my letter, Neptune in cork? Anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Lawofattracti

Still no letter, but rang them received student number etc. They have also sent it by email just there.
    In the RDS but am starting my exam later. seems they are staggering start times in the RDS. I am hall 8D and starting at 10am. Car park open from 8:30 am, use Simmonscourt road entrance. 7 euro fee for parking. Bring your own mask etc.
    Staggered times for some so not all coming and going at same time, that's actually good. 50 to a room, 2m rule in place. JIC anyone is a bit concerned about social distancing etc, they are observing it in full.

Do you know if your letter says you start at 10 or does it still say 9.30? Just wondering do you know your start time from the letter or has everyone been told 9.30?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Louis Litt

Healyjhow wrote: »
    Just got my letter, Neptune in cork? Anyone else ?

Can i ask what letter your second name starts with just to get an idea for my location in Cork. Havent got my letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hiya1234

Do you know if your letter says you start at 10 or does it still say 9.30? Just wondering do you know your start time from the letter or has everyone been told 9.30?

My letter says exam starts at 9:30 but I am to go straight to my seat at 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭channing90

Louis Litt wrote: »
    Can i ask what letter your second name starts with just to get an idea for my location in Cork. Havent got my letter.

I am in rochestown hotel cork and I am “O”

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Healyjhow

I’m H!
    Louis Litt wrote: »

Has anyone else been asked for a doctors cert to prove they are well enough to sit the exam?
    I mentioned in the self-declaration form that I am asthmatic because I didn't want them to stop me from brining in my inhaler and now they want me a medical cert...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 saor97

Panicing, got letter this morning but it just has my results from March, nothing about the exam next week or anything even though I got the confirmation email back at the end of May to say I was registered. Can't seem to get through to anyone in the FE1 section or the law society to find out whats going on

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Sarat123law

saor97 wrote: »
    Panicing, got letter this morning but it just has my results from March, nothing about the exam next week or anything even though I got the confirmation email back at the end of May to say I was registered. Can't seem to get through to anyone in the FE1 section or the law society to find out whats going on

01 881 5709 this is a direct line of someone I have spoken to in there about fe1s before

Aoibhin511 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been asked for a doctors cert to prove they are well enough to sit the exam?
    I mentioned in the self-declaration form that I am asthmatic because I didn't want them to stop me from brining in my inhaler and now they want me a medical cert...

I would imagine this is just protecting themselves from future potential claims. I am sure that getting a letter from your doctor will not be a problem. You can ever use a virtual consultation or just contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 LawStudent1234

saor97 wrote: »

Email- FE1Section@lawsociety.ie

They normally reply straight away to me anyway.

It is too late to do anything about next week, but there really should be a campaign to move the October sitting online.Otherwise, it will be a huge mess.

Also got a bizarre letter from them today saying that I didn't pass the Tort exam in March because I was absent... like yeah no **** guys you cancelled it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saor97

still no one answering the phone, keep getting through to the lawschool and then im put through to someones answering machine, emailed but highly doubt ill get a reply today or tomorrow and when i say no one seems to be answering their direct dials

vid36 wrote: »
    It is too late to do anything about next week, but there really should be a campaign to move the October sitting online.Otherwise, it will be a huge mess.

Tbh I wouldn’t be able to sit any exam online the area I live does not have internet that would support it so unless they extended the time it would be very hard for people with unreliable internet

Tbh I wouldn’t be able to sit any exam online the area I live does not have internet that would support it so unless they extended the time it would be very hard for people with unreliable internet

They extended the time in the PPC2 exams to six hours when there were online.

• Advertisement

vid36 wrote: »
    They extended the time in the PPC2 exams to six hours when there were online.

I’d be able to do it if it was like a download the paper and then submit but my internet would not support any kind of video call which is probably they way they’d do it

But I think if they thought about online exams they’d have done it as a trial run when they only had two to run I can’t see them doing online ones in October

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement