Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I failed my home check...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

cocker5 wrote: »
    I honestly think if your very interested in a dog .. fill out the application form yes BUT I sent them a Facebook pm .. explaining the situation.. send the photos of my Cody who we lost last August .. explained the dog would not be dumped in the garden etc .. I kinda stalked them if I’m honest :) and it worked x anyway I do agree with you so so many dog loosing out on excellent homes due to very strict conditions x

Thanks cocker, I have a new dog now, adopted privately. I’ve just read the thread re your new doggie, he is gorgeous. Best of luck with him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭puppieperson1

cocker5 wrote: »
    For those who say the can’t adopt due to working full time ... why not use doggie day Care and tell the rescue this?

I rescued a springer 2.5 weeks ago and while we’re not at home he’s in doggie day care .. otherwise he’s with us or asleep in the kitchen.

He’s loves it .. personally being alone consistently 40 hours or more week for a dog isn’t right .. unless you can break up this time and avail of dog walkers / doggie day care etc
    Did you adopt Pines the scared springer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Did you adopt Pines the scared springer?

Yes I did :) 3 weeks today we took him home!

The difference in him is just heart warming people like you are just lovely he had a sad start by all accounts but the change you made is obvious . I have a friend trying to rehome another springer his companion was his sister and she died, he has no time for him now and is looking for a home if you know of anyone nice who would like a black and white male neutered springer he has beautiful markings. i cant take him as i have 3 rescues - a whippet a bernese mountain dog & a terrier !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

The difference in him is just heart warming people like you are just lovely he had a sad start by all accounts but the change you made is obvious . I have a friend trying to rehome another springer his companion was his sister and she died, he has no time for him now and is looking for a home if you know of anyone nice who would like a black and white male neutered springer he has beautiful markings. i cant take him as i have 3 rescues - a whippet a bernese mountain dog & a terrier !

Thank you .... We are delighted with him ... he’s a special boy x

Ahh god I’m sorry to hear that ... had I of known before I committed to pines (Now cooper) I would have taken him :(

Let me ask around .. not that it matters but any idea of his age?

hes is 3 and a well trained dog though he does live outside in a run and kennel and would have to adapt to indoors hes a family dog and used to a home environment and daily walks / hikes. he was bought with his sister and she was a great gundog but he is gunshy so the gun people wouldnt want him. He just needs nice people like good old pines ( cooper) got and i m glad you took pines he needed a home more urgently. Looks like a great companion in so short a time too !

Advertisement