Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyre fitting charge

• 28-01-2020 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi , bought some tyres online , anyone recommend someone in Limerick city/county who doesn't charge too much for putting tyres on rims ? Some companies only fit the tyres they sell.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

A lot of places won't put on tyres that you've bought elsewhere. The only place that would for me is Ballysimon Tyres, however they made me take away the old ones myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

I don't mind taking away old , how much could I ask did they charge per tyre ?

Cant help but thinking that a guy with a small shed & a tyre changer could do ok just fitting & not supplying tyres !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I can't remember to be honest.

Someone in here should be aware of smaller services that would do it, the big places like Tyre Stop, Ballysimon etc probably have their hands tied when it comes to fitting tyres not bought there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Victory Tyres said they couldnt get the tires I wanted but still changed the ones I bought online for me and kept the old ones. 15 a corner is what they charged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ballysimon Tyres will fit them for you. I got two run flat tyres I bought online, fitted and balanced by them for €30. I'd imagine normal tyres would be a little cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭Gary Owen

I got two tyres fitted by Brendan Walsh in Roxboro last year , €10 each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Limerick Tyre Centre Raheen (Fenton's Yard) will do it willingly. Ten euro per wheel.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Limerick Tyre Centre Raheen (Fenton's Yard) will do it willingly. Ten euro per wheel.

Used to go there but they fecked up my front suspension, wouldnt go near them again

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭CutWeldDrive

chicorytip wrote: »

yep, this is where i would always go, 10 euro per tyre and 5 euro or something to dispose fo old tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

+1 for Brendan Walsh tyres, wouldn't go anywhere else in Limerick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Just had two tyres fitted, balanced and old tyres disposed of for €15 each in Ballysimon Tyres. They took good care of my wheels (19" wheels) and swapped the back to front as requested. Would recommend these guys no problem.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Breaks down to a fiver to take off the old ones, fiver to put the new ones on, and whatever disposal charge. Used to be 3, but I guess it's about 5 now. I've had it done also at the garage on Clare street (the great gas one).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

MarkR wrote: »
    Breaks down to a fiver to take off the old ones, fiver to put the new ones on, and whatever disposal charge. Used to be 3, but I guess it's about 5 now. I've had it done also at the garage on Clare street (the great gas one).

Yep, happy to pay €15 in fairness. I phoned another place mentioned on this thread, he proceeded to lecture me over the phone about how I am a tyre importer illegally, wanted €25 a corner and said he couldn't do it until next week.
    I rang Ballysimon, they were courteous over the phone and said to come in when i could, went on my lunch break and was out in 45 mins. Substantial enough saving when buying a full set of 19" wheels. That said if a place can come within €10 a corner on price I would normally give them the business.

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Yep, happy to pay €15 in fairness. I phoned another place mentioned on this thread, he proceeded to lecture me over the phone about how I am a tyre importer illegally, wanted €25 a corner and said he couldn't do it until next week.
    I rang Ballysimon, they were courteous over the phone and said to come in when i could, went on my lunch break and was out in 45 mins. Substantial enough saving when buying a full set of 19" wheels. That said if a place can come within €10 a corner on price I would normally give them the business.

What was the place out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭OO7FITZY

anyone recommend where to buy tyres online?

problem I have when I go to get tyres is I am given one or two options by the fitter and there is no information available for me to do a comparison and they carry limited stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

tyreleader.ie

oponeo.ie

eiretyres.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭OO7FITZY

thx folks

Advertisement