Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keeping Virgin Hub but want Bridging to remain

• 28-01-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

I am moving house and the virgin hub that I have I was told I can keep or recycle

I had it bridged to a TP Link router and used this for the wifi and for 2.4 and 5 ghz splits

Just wondering when I move into new house can I use this again and not change anything other than the wifi password

Just dont want to go through the process again to bridge another hub

Not sure if Virgin engineer will do it save me the time when they install it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

The SH3 I received in November has a tick box in the configuration pages to enable bridge mode. Was this available when you set yours up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

You need to have horizon free disabled and be on an ipv4 IP address before the bridge option becomes available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

They most likely will not do it as it isn't a feature that Virgin officially support.

Are you doing a self-install or has the engineer to come out to sort out the wiring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,341 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They most likely will not do it as it isn't a feature that Virgin officially support.

Are you doing a self-install or has the engineer to come out to sort out the wiring?

They did it for me over chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I think I rang Virgin to disable something as followed post on this forum and did it myself

Once that was done I logged into router via browser and also TP Link c8 to change settings and use that as main router

Wifi ok in the house

Not in new house yet and virgin rep will come out as looking for extra points so can hardwire PC.

I know engineers some do 'Nixers' and some don't so will see as also looking at getting wifi mesh to have better control of usage in the house

• Advertisement
Advertisement