Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrestlemania 2020 - Spoilers, rumours, etc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,302 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Liv Morgan beat Natalya just now on the pre show in a great showing. Liv is one for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭cena

how long did the taker match last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,213 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Kayla Braxton 4'3 or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Mr T and Hogan team up to take down Piper, Hogan slams Andre, the megapowers implode, Hogan passes the torch to Warrior, Michael's boyhood dream comes through, the Austin era begins, Austin /Rock end of an era, Benoit's 18 year odyssey, Cena/Rock 1 and 2, Bryan wins the big one..... A dodgy pre recorded B movie fight scene.

What are tou expecting given the circumstances? Seriously.

I had low...... very low expectations and while I dont think the show was anywhere as good as a regular wrestlemania, it far exceeded my expectations and left me somewhat entertained.

If you had to book a show in these circumstances, what changes would you make? Id probably just cut Elais v Corbain and have Becky lose.

I think a fair few people are looking forward to seeing the American Badass character again. Metallica was a fine choice for new entrance music too.

Ah to be honest, i wanted the American Bad Ass back for another run, too. I just think it fell a little flat to be honest (and not due to the lack of a crowd).

AJ mentioned Taker's wife and all, and i just felt it was a bit pointless. They never really had the moment where the undertaker got to 'snap' from his deadman thing and do the "what the f'uk did you just say" reaction to AJ saying something personal. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What are tou expecting given the circumstances? Seriously.

I had low...... very low expectations and while I dont think the show was anywhere as good as a regular wrestlemania, it far exceeded my expectations and left me somewhat entertained.

If you had to book a show in these circumstances, what changes would you make? Id probably just cut Elais v Corbain and have Becky lose.

Dude you realise it's predetermined, if something is gonna be stupid they don't have to do it. Personally i wouldn't book the show, and if I had to, I sure as hell wouldn't call it Wrestlemania. And hey if what you want from the main event of biggest show of the year of a company you watch full time is silly skit that could only be enjoyed by regular people on an ironic level then I don't know what to say to you.

My take is it was funny for a little bit purely because I have no emotional attachment to this company but if I invested my time and money in this stuff I'd be upset that that's what the new "gold standard" is. My take is it was funny bad. But funny bad is still bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Ah to be honest, i wanted the American Bad Ass back for another run, too. I just think it fell a little flat to be honest (and not due to the lack of a crowd).

AJ mentioned Taker's wife and all, and i just felt it was a bit pointless. They never really had the moment where the undertaker got to 'snap' from his deadman thing and do the "what the f'uk did you just say" reaction to AJ saying something personal. :(

Well the whole thing was Taker breaking down and snapping out of his character to become more real on the basis of AJ mentioning his personal life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Who’s the dude with Corey on the pre show?

Booker hit puberty during that bit with Christian and Renee.

Who’s the dude with Corey on the pre show?

Peter Rosenberg.

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    Well the whole thing was Taker breaking down and snapping out of his character to become more real on the basis of AJ mentioning his personal life

Oh I know, but it just didn't have the 'oomph' that it should have had. They should have kept that angle til they had a crowd to react to it. Keep deadman undertaker in the meantime.

It was the last big trick the undertaker had to get a big reaction and refresh himself one last time in a meaningful capacity, in my opinion. It feels like it was wasted a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Looks like mania is ending with Drew lifting the title

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

cena wrote: »
    how long did the taker match last?
    17 minutes

I wouldn't normally advocate a fúck finish at Mania but Heyman interfering and costing McIntyre might be the way to go tonight. Drew really needs his crowning to be in front of a crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No need for same intro promo two nights in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

ricero wrote: »

No none!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

5 mins in and all I'm seeing is promos....no woner the kids have dumped this wwe ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

ricero wrote: »

Agreed and It's not even a good promo either

It's pre taped, can I just put up all the winners?

we can then all do something more productive and entertaining.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

old_aussie wrote: »
    5 mins in and all I'm seeing is promos....no woner the kids have dumped this wwe ****!

He says at 00:03. :rolleyes: Give it a few minutes to get going, will ya?

• Advertisement

I think it's really well done.

It's not a promo it's a opening video package.

8 mins in and still a promo WTF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,821 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Braun might actually never hold the belt in front of a live audience. He could lose it quickly in an empty arena episode of SD

He says at 00:03. :rolleyes: Give it a few minutes to get going, will ya?

The kids haven't given it time, they've gone outside

Jesus gronk alright.

Charlotte and rhea opening things up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Sirsok

No none!

I guess the need for it would be the fact stuff like that takes alot of time, ALOT! they moved it to two nights how long ago? They only planned to play it once originally I'm sure.

They needed an opening package, they made a pretty in-depth and technical one involving many many stars in front of green screen and many editors to work on it.

Of all the things to nitpick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

This could be very good

• Advertisement

That rhea promo in Raymond James stadium hasn't aged well but sure it's not anyone's fault.

Advertisement