Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile - Not allowed make international calls

Options
  • 28-01-2020 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

I'm currently on a Sim Only Plan with Eir (Eir Mobile 400 10GB + Roaming SIM Only). The cost of the plan is €25 and it is a rolling month to month contract.

The problem is that I cannot make international phone calls. I rang up today requesting to have the access changed on my account so that I could ring international numbers. I was told that this wasn't allowed on my current plan and that in order to allow this I would need to switch to a different plan which was initially cheaper but then would be €29.99 per month. Surely I should be allowed ring international numbers on my current plan if I wish to - after all I would have to pay for the privilege of doing this!

By not allowing me to make international calls they are effectively stopping me from call roaming when I am abroad. I have mobile data when abroad but cannot make any phone calls. Are they breaching the EU laws on data roaming by doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eir pulling a fast one there, but probably within the law.

Unless they're the only MNO covering your gaff I dunno why you'd be with them....

Advertisement