Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one4all card found

Options
  • 28-01-2020 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭

One4all card found by a friend on tara st about two weeks ago. She has put ads up on local business etc but no claimant yet. A sizeable amount on it and a few transactions made so can be identified by the rightful owner. Let me know if you think it's yours....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

send it back to one4all, they will know who it was sold or is registered to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

send it back to one4all, they will know who it was sold or is registered to

She called them, it wasn't resgistered apparently?

sweetie wrote: »
    She called them, it wasn't resgistered apparently?

They'll know who bought it surely?

Otherwise that's a great way to launder cash

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭marko99

They'll know who bought it surely?

You can just buy them for cash in any post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Depending on the transactions made already, if a phone, TV or service was bought, the shop may have details of the customer.

I would also think it's highly unlikely that One4All don't have the details of the buyer - they just won't give the details to your friend. Even if an employer bought in bulk, they could trace it back if they wanted to make a small effort.

I can't see many people buying them for cash, and you would expect money laundering legislation to force One4All to keep records.

Lastly, if both of those fail, drop it to the local Garda station. If it's not claimed in a year, they'll give it back to your friend, who can keep it with a clear conscious that they did all they could to find the rightful owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MaryMD

Thats a bit mad alright, as if they aren't registered its an easy way to launder cash

Lastly, if both of those fail, drop it to the local Garda station. If it's not claimed in a year, they'll give it back to your friend, who can keep it with a clear conscious that they did all they could to find the rightful owner.

one4all charge an 'admin' fee that will rip the balance to shreds over 12months

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's €1.45 per month starting 12 months after activation. Be grand if there's a "sizeable amount" on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah, she went to Pearse st gardai, they weren't too helpful but I'll tell her to drop it back in to them.
    Maybe get back on to One 4 All first, try ask about the buyer of the card. She may have only asked if
    it was registered. Neither of the transactions were for Dublin city centre so we thought it could be a commuter on way from
    work to the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

sweetie wrote: »
    One4all card found by a friend on tara st about two weeks ago. She has put ads up on local business etc but no claimant yet. A sizeable amount on it and a few transactions made so can be identified by the rightful owner. Let me know if you think it's yours....

Lost one just before Christmas in its card folder, all that was written on the card folder it came in was €500, I was out in Liffey valley with my twin girls and guessing it fell on the floor at some point, it was given to me as my Christmas bonus.

I never thought to ask around and assumed whoever found it just kept it, my only positive was that I had used the card to pay the outstanding balance on family holiday €400 so it means there's a chance whoever found it may have expected the balance to be €500 when it was only €100 ... My own stupidity lost me €100 ... And it has annoyed me but at least holiday is fully paid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement