Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billie eilish - Major Grammy winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Jesus christ, you come across as incredibly pompous and condescending. And I'm Woke Hogan!

Attacking the poster rather than the post is a typical male menopause thing Woke, but Ozzy was woke to this before woke was even a word:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

my 8 year old loves her and i enjoy listening with her as it's far superior to the other artists singing about eating their own arses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Oranage2 wrote: »

ps. Can anyone else recommend another song by her?

just listen to both her albums and figure that one out yourself ;)

I always listen to full albums and don't do playlists, sometimes skipping the overplayed tracks though

squawker wrote: »

I always listen to full albums and don't do playlists, sometimes skipping the overplayed tracks though

ocean eyes get's this oul rocker right in the feels!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The guy is taking the piss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

Arghus wrote: »
    The guy is taking the piss.

how so? most albums are painstakingly put together in a manner that they should be listened to in order, pretty similar to a story

If you just cherrypick your favourite songs the first time you hear an artist you enjoy, I believe you are just cheaping the experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

how so? most albums are painstakingly put together in a manner that they should be listened to in order, pretty similar to a story

If you just cherrypick your favourite songs the first time you hear an artist you enjoy, I believe you are just cheaping the experience

That only really applies to concept albums and the like, do you really think some popstar is tormenting themselves over what order the vacuous tunes they recorded appear on the album? The majority very likely don’t have anything to do with the production of it, from the artwork to track listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

If you just cherrypick your favourite songs the first time you hear an artist, I believe you are just cheaping the experience

If you’ve the attention span fair enough. The digital age gave me the opportunity to try ‘single’ out what kills, and forget the fills if it’s a grower fair enough but then a ‘rolling stone’ gathers no moss?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A shadowy cabal of boring producers selling the myth of genius to teenagers with lame music for the purpose of making buckets of cash money.

As the other poster said, all these people are actors.
    If they were, and that's a big if, so what? If people like what it sounds like, who cares?
    my 8 year old loves her and i enjoy listening with her as it's far superior to the other artists singing about eating their own arses
    Sorry, you don't like it, you've been brainwashed by the "cabal" apparently. Same with your 8 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭GhostofKNugget

Blaze420 wrote: »
    That only really applies to concept albums and the like, do you really think some popstar is tormenting themselves over what order the vacuous tunes they recorded appear on the album? The majority very likely don’t have anything to do with the production of it, from the artwork to track listings.

Funnily enough, with the Billie Eilish album, they seem to have put a fair bit of effort into the tracklisting...
    The final three tracks each have linear titles, collectively reading "Listen Before I Go, I Love You, Goodbye". In an interview with Vulture, O'Connell stated that his sister "liked the readability of that" before adding that "they are [related]" since they are "different sentiments about a farewell"... The final song, "Goodbye", features a line of each of the album's tracks (with the exception of "!!!!!!!") in its lyrics in reverse order compared with how they appear in the album, beginning with a line from "I Love You" and ending with a line from "Bad Guy," with clips from these songs layered quietly in reverse as a motif representing when "you grow up listening to a tape and at the end, you reverse the tape to go back to the beginning of the song."

• Advertisement

The guy you're responding too is clearly not really that impressed with Billie Eilish.
    But the I listened to When the party's over and everything I wanted about 100 times. There's a line 'But my head was under water' and it sounds like she's underwater, I've never heard anything as amazing as that, it was the most inspirational piece of music that I've heard in a long time, genius and so unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Her older brother actually writes a large portion of it and she has teams of producers too - every pop singer big enough to get on the radio does. They try to downplay this aspect of BE's output and push this image of her being a songwriter but anyone who buys that is naive. She's 17 and as you can see in interviews she has the attention span of a housefly and isn't exactly an encyclopedia of musical knowledge, no way she has written that album herself, maybe some of the lyrics but she doesn't do the beats or any instrument parts at all thats all Finneas and ghostwriters/producers.

i wouldn't be surprised if songwriters wrote every last syllable of her songs

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

buried wrote: »
    I was under the impression from a few people I know who are into this project that the two of them were just noodling away in their bedroom making tunes, then they made it big, but after looking into it, I see the brother is an established actor already in pay of the entertainment industry. Same goes for their Mum too. This auld shtick I was told of two everyday kids bleeping away in their everyday bedroom background and then making it big on their own back ain't exactly holding up.

ya she's no Mike Skinner

pure.conya wrote: »
    i wouldn't be surprised if songwriters wrote every last syllable of her songs

Where are their credits so?

Look at the credits of most huge pop albums and there's usually a small army of credited writers and producers. Take a look at some of the credits of Beyonce's albums, for example, there's so many different names there it's like a phone book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

1. She’s hot
    2. Her Music is actually decent.
    3. Writes her own music with her brother.

Fair play to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Here's a video of her accepting her Grammy, i find it really weird the way her brother is looking at her, like he wants to ride her on the spot

No doubt she's an amazing talent, here she is at Reading last year, middle of afternoon, had been bumped up from 2nd to main stage, gets biggest crowd of weekend (including headliners), great performance and she was just 17 then.
    Opener is Bad guy and crowd singing it is something else

I watched that video. He shows that a lot goes on behind the scenes in terms of marketing and pushing a new artist. Well, yeah, doesn't everyone know that?

He also says that none of the promotion or publicity will work if the music isn't good and that Billie Eilish's music is "brilliant" and he would love to work with her and her brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

1. She’s hot
    2. Her Music is actually decent.
    3. Writes her own music with her brother.

Fair play to her.

I heard Drake lost interest when she turned 18 in December.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 75 ✭✭Fccwontletmebe

tuxy wrote: »
    I heard Drake lost interest when she turned 18 in December.

Along with R Kelly, Anthony Kiedes, Elvis Presley(fapping in hell) and Steven Tyler

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Arghus wrote: »
    He also says that none of the promotion or publicity will work if the music isn't good and that Billie Eilish's music is "brilliant" and he would love to work with her and her brother.

Her brother's name is Finneas O'Connell:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I was also mind-boggled by the fascination with her, with the teenage-emo vibes and that bloody Bad Guy song that gets under my skin in the worst way.

I was flipping through spotify recently and ended up listening to this song and it blew me away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbMwTqkKSps

There's something so unearthly and haunting about it, I got instantly emotional listening to it.

She's got a quality for sure, Her voice isn't powerful or exceptional and it's not like she's got this huge range or is even technically impressive. But my god, some of her songs you can just feel - which to me is the mark of a true talent.

Resurrecting this because I just watched the documentary about Billie on Apple TV this weekend.

I didn’t know much about her and I didn’t like her pop stuff (bad guy) that much but their ballads are haunting.

(Their because it’s really a duo).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Resurrecting this because I just watched the documentary about Billie on Apple TV this weekend.

I didn’t know much about her and I didn’t like her pop stuff (bad guy) that much but their ballads are haunting.

(Their because it’s really a duo).

Her Bond song is pretty good. I think it’s the best Bond song since Garbage, The world is not enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

Manufactured baloney for impressionable people.

You like the word baloney, Baloney.

It certainly isn’t , what an ill informed post , deserves an award actually:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

When she first hit the scene a couple of years back she was banging on about wearing baggy clothes so there was no focus on her body, her fans lapped it up as well. But then recently she did a lingerie photo shoot for Vogue magazine so I guess thats out the window

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

Along with R Kelly, Anthony Kiedes, Elvis Presley(fapping in hell) and Steven Tyler

Steven Tyler ? Never heard any rumours about him. Do tell .....

Billie is no hottie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Muahahaha wrote: »
    When she first hit the scene a couple of years back she was banging on about wearing baggy clothes so there was no focus on her body, her fans lapped it up as well. But then recently she did a lingerie photo shoot for Vogue magazine so I guess thats out the window

To be fair she is only 19now. So to me it makes perfect sense that she stayed covered up. No child should feel they have to dress sexy just because they have a music career. It’s perfectly normal to experiment more with dress styles as one becomes older. She is entitled to change her personal style and to grow up at her own pace.

Advertisement