Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billie eilish - Major Grammy winner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Steven Tyler ? Never heard any rumours about him. Do tell .....

Billie is no hottie.

Knock knock
    Who’s there ?
    Luke
    Luke who?
    Luke up Stephen Tyler statutory rape on the internet

Joke courtesy of Neil hamburger:)

Lisha wrote: »
    To be fair she is only 19now. So to me it makes perfect sense that she stayed covered up. No child should feel they have to dress sexy just because they have a music career. It’s perfectly normal to experiment more with dress styles as one becomes older. She is entitled to change her personal style and to grow up at her own pace.

No she needs to confirm to the desires of overage make boards posters that are oddly obsessed with a teenagers choices

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Liked her in the beginning but I've grown tired. The obnoxious fashion gimmick and feminist posturing was always a way of compensating for her shallow music. Her latest song, which deals with abuse of power, is so lacklustre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

No she needs to confirm to the desires of overage make boards posters that are oddly obsessed with a teenagers choices

It must be weird to think that people older than you are obsessed with your body shape. The creeps demanding to see are surely the ‘bad guys’ not a teenage girl hiding away in an oversize hoody.

Some people need to learn that ‘girls don’t owe you pretty’. I’d prefer my daughter to dress like Billie eilish did any day of the week. Instagram is a cesspit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

To be fair she is only 19now. So to me it makes perfect sense that she stayed covered up. No child should feel they have to dress sexy just because they have a music career. It’s perfectly normal to experiment more with dress styles as one becomes older. She is entitled to change her personal style and to grow up at her own pace.

ah yeah she can do as she likes but I think the controversy was some of her fans were put out about it, she was getting called a hyprocrite by some of them who felt let down that she had sold them one idea and then did a 180 degree turn on it a couple of years later.

• Advertisement

It must be weird to think that people older than you are obsessed with your body shape. The creeps demanding to see are surely the ‘bad guys’ not a teenage girl hiding away in an oversize hoody.

Some people need to learn that ‘girls don’t owe you pretty’. I’d prefer my daughter to dress like Billie eilish did any day of the week. Instagram is a cesspit.

Yeah same my 9 year old likes her and I’m well impressed/relieved she’s on the non manufactured music journey :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

For someone who exists to shock older people I'm constantly left baffled by how she is supposed to be achieving that.

Her persona and music is just bland.

Glazers Out!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    ah yeah she can do as she likes but I think the controversy was some of her fans were put out about it, she was getting called a hyprocrite by some of them who felt let down that she had sold them one idea and then did a 180 degree turn on it a couple of years later.

Find out more about it an come back to us rather than the minuscule bits you glanced at

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Muahahaha wrote: »
    When she first hit the scene a couple of years back she was banging on about wearing baggy clothes so there was no focus on her body, her fans lapped it up as well. But then recently she did a lingerie photo shoot for Vogue magazine so I guess thats out the window

So... the people against the sexualisation of minors are the bad guys? (pun intended)

nullzero wrote: »
    For someone who exists to shock older people I'm constantly left baffled by how she is supposed to be achieving that.

What does this mean?

Are you saying “she exists to shock older people?”

She exists to make tunes

• Advertisement

So... the people against the sexualisation of minors are the bad guys? (pun intended)

The funny part was “ fans lapping it up”

Does the poster know the age demographic? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

What does this mean?

Are you saying “she exists to shock older people?”

She exists to make tunes

The perception is that she is so edgy that anyone over 25 should be dumbfounded by her.

I really don't give a damn one way or the other but there is a perception that people should be as astonished by her as people were by punk in the 70s for example.

There's nothing new left under the sun to shock people anymore and her music is just bland, like most pop music today.

If you like her music that's great, enjoy it, I just think it's boring, buts that's the thing about music or any entertainment medium, it's very subjective.

Glazers Out!

no and I think she is breath of fresh air in that regard compared to how Britney,Aguilera, etc were sexualised at a young age. But Im just making the point that the baggy clothes were part of her brand and thats what some of her fans bought into, many dressed like her and the idea that bodies are not public property, all good so far. But now shes done a u turn on that with the Vogue photoshoot so it isnt surprising that some fans are put out by that.

The funny part was “ fans lapping it up”

Does the poster know the age demographic? :)

Whats funny about fans lapping it up, are you aware some of her fans try to dress like her? Theres not many artists out there whose fans try to emulate their dress but Eilish is one of them.

Her main fan demogrphic is females 18-24

The perception is that she is so edgy that anyone over 25 should be dumbfounded by her.

I really don't give a damn one way or the other but there is a perception that people should be as astonished by her as people were by punk in the 70s for example.

There's nothing new left under the sun to shock people anymore and her music is just bland, like most pop music today.

If you like her music that's great, enjoy it, I just think it's boring, buts that's the thing about music or any entertainment medium, it's very subjective.

Talking through your hoop

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Steven Tyler ? Never heard any rumours about him. Do tell .....

Billie is no hottie.

She has a bit of a Scarlett Johansson look goin on with the blonde hair

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Talking of masks, conspiracy theories and impressionable young women, this is the outfit she wore to the Grammies ceremony in January 2020 discussed here:

2d44075e-40ac-11ea-9fd9-ecfbb38a9743_image_hires_112302.jpg?itok=yHFNFvik&v=1580095394

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is she supposed to shock older people? She's no Mayhem or GG Allin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Her hair is green! Green I tell you .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭jackboy

Yeah same my 9 year old likes her and I’m well impressed/relieved she’s on the non manufactured music journey :)

Non manufactured, Biliie Eilish, really?

• Advertisement

?

What’s shocking to the “old” about an artist who lives at home with her parents in a moderate house, her family is her crew, and her brother is her producer and best friend.

This isn’t the sex pistols.
    jackboy wrote: »

How is she manufactured? Manufactured to me is something like a boy band put together by louis Walsh. She’s a genuine bedroom act.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Her hair is green! Green I tell you .

And she was wearing a mask during covid. Burn the witch.

jackboy wrote: »

Discovered on sound cloud and YouTube with a song written by her brother ? Am I missing a bit about a hit factory or something?

?

What’s shocking to the “old” about an artist who lives at home with her parents in a moderate house, her family is her crew, and her brother is her producer and best friend.

This isn’t the sex pistols.

How is she manufactured? Manufactured to me is something like a boy band put together by louis Walsh. She’s a genuine bedroom act.

Another fella talking through the hoop (the post you quoted :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Purple is a Fruit

I wanna look cool and down with the kids so I say she's great and no way could anyone genuinely think she's not great - they're just old (OK, same age as me but hear me out) and uncool.

And she's really unconventional or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

fvp4 wrote: »
    And she was wearing a mask during covid. Burn the witch.

January 2020...

Discovered on sound cloud and YouTube with a song written by her brother ? Am I missing a bit about a hit factory or something?

Yeah..that's a myth..there was a big effort behind her..family well connected..being styled by vogue and mixed by the best in the business..

Yeah, maybe the album was made in her bedroom because you can produce on a laptop now, but the whole 'out of nowhere' story is not true..

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Is she supposed to shock older people? She's no Mayhem or GG Allin

She’s definitely not from the original mayhem line up or gg allin:)

Yeah..that's a myth..there was a big effort behind her..family well connected..being styled by vogue and mixed by the best in the business..

Yeah, maybe the album was made in her bedroom because you can produce on a laptop now, but the whole 'out of nowhere' story is not true..

That’s not manufactured

Funny you say it’s a myth and then literally say it isn’t

• Advertisement

sabat wrote: »
    January 2020...

Ok. So what was wrong with the outfit. I don’t like green hair dye myself but you seem thoroughly shocked by the whole thing.

Advertisement