Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump: Middle East peace plan announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Palestinians were rioting and burning American flags before the details of the plan were released

There is no hope for that place

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

EPY2upzX0Akk14R?format=jpg&name=900x900

This was never meant to be serious. Taking the entire Jordan Valley, giving a bit of desert in return. A massive tunnel between the West Bank and Gaza, come on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Trump's son in law and BibI concocted this and the Palestinians are finding out like we did. Some 'peace deal'. Trump is just a lumbering ignorant insult to the Palestinians and the United States.
    Hopefully the world stands up to these two bully states.
    Top marks to Trump for keeping a straight face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Aye don't even know where to begin with this, we will just have to see what happens over next few days, harsh times indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Palestinians were rioting and burning American flags before the details of the plan were released

It’s almost like they knew Trump was going to f*ck them over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,565 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Reaction not good so far from the Palestinians and Hezbollah. Apparently Israel plans to annex the West bank on Sunday.

BBC link.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-51288218

Wow. That plan is so, so far from being a "peace" plan I almost admire their collective balls in naming it so.

And yes, looks like warmonger in chief Netanyahu is going to announce the formal theft of Palestinian land at the weekend, in complete violation of every international agreement - with the full blessing of the US. But don't forget, the Americans are the good guys, ok?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It's disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

As long as the arabs are fighting among each other they are occupied. If they ever united there would be hell to pay. Keep em ignorant and fighting is what I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

I think this can definitely work... there will never be a perfect solution, that can make both sides 100% content. But this has the potential to be workable!

Trump will be a shoe-in for the nobel peace prize, in the future, if he manages to implement this!

Of course there will always be detractors, no matter what Trump or Israel do... it really wouldn't matter what they did or didn't do. But these people need to be ignored if peace is to be achieved. Ignore the naysayers and plow on ahead with these plans! :)

I think this can definitely work... there will never be a perfect solution, that can make both sides 100% content. But this has the potential to be workable!

Trump will be a shoe-in for the nobel peace prize, in the future, if he manages to implement this!

Of course there will always be detractors, no matter what Trump or Israel do... it really wouldn't matter what they did or didn't do. But these people need to be ignored if peace is to be achieved. Ignore the naysayers and plow on ahead with these plans! :)

Jaysus is that you Netanyahu?! What a load of bolox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

This "Peace Plan" is basically just Trump and Netenyahu officially annexing more land from Palestine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Eh what? Peace will be achieved...by blatantly stealing land and basically saying **** you to anyone who disagrees. This is Israel once again doing whatever the **** they want, cause daddy Trump will back them regardless of what human rights abuses they commit.

Utter farce to say anything positive about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Sonics2k wrote: »
    This "Peace Plan" is basically just Trump and Netenyahu officially annexing more land from Palestine.

There is no perfect plan, that will appease both sides equally...

Unless you have such a plan?

No matter what anyone comes up with, there will always be people that will be unhappy with it. But I do think this could work potentially.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

But this isn't attempted to appease anyone. This is entirely in Isreal's favour, and completely ****s over Palestine.

Not to mention it will once again lead to Israel breaking international law.

There is no perfect plan, that will appease both sides equally...

Unless you have such a plan?

No matter what anyone comes up with, there will always be people that will be unhappy with it. But I do think this could work potentially.

Yeah it's pretty simple honestly. Israel just STOPS annexing more Palestinian lands because they want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

Yeah it's pretty simple honestly. Israel just STOPS annexing more Palestinian lands because they want it.

So current borders then? Somehow I sincerely doubt the Palestians would accept that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Well I guess giving back the land that was stolen from the Palestinians might help to bring peace to 'that place'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's kind of ironic that in a week where commerations are taking place to mark the atrocities inflicted on the Jewish people 75 years ago and there is a groundswell of sympathy for them that the Israeli prime minister along with that clown in the white house attempt to inflict this 'solution' on the Palestinians.

Tbh I don't think there is the possibility of a lasting peace that satisfies both sides there anymore. That ship has sailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

The Palestinians are beaten and powerless. They've been ringfenced into glorified bantustans under military occupation and their land has been systematically salami-sliced away from them; whether it was Israel effectively annexing nearly 10% of the West Bank with their 'security barrier' or the continued efforts of land-grabs and colonisation to build illegal settlements. This has happened with the connivance of the world's most powerful country and it's utterly shameful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Palestine can either depend in their "Arab brothers" who have used and abused them for years to keep their own people under control or they can sit down with Israel who have also used and abused them. Both parties will have to realise that the only hope for peace is significant compromise from each. Otherwise it will just continue to be conflict after conflict. Israel or Palestine are not going away.

Edgware wrote: »
    Palestine can either depend in their "Arab brothers" who have used and abused them for years to keep their own people under control or they can sit down with Israel who have also used and abused them. Both parties will have to realise that the only hope for peace is significant compromise from each. Otherwise it will just continue to be conflict after conflict. Israel or Palestine are not going away.

I legitimately struggle to understand why Palestine has to compromise though?

Israel is the invading country. They are the "bad guys". I mean, I'm not fan of the Palestinian Government, but after decades of invasions it makes sense for people to dislike Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

You guys make it sound like its such a complicated issue.

You guys make it sound like its such a complicated issue.

How would you deal with it then?

Israel is the invading country. They are the "bad guys". I mean, I'm not fan of the Palestinian Government, but after decades of invasions it makes sense for people to dislike Israel.
    Israel was established under international law whether you agree or disagree.
    The only reason Palestine has to comprimise (as will Israel) is because there is no other solution that will get past Israel. The world powers will not abandon Israel. Nothing in life is perfect and you can live and prosper in an agreed political settlement or live in a perpetual warzone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Of course there will always be detractors, no matter what Trump or Israel do... it really wouldn't matter what they did or didn't do. But these people need to be ignored if peace is to be achieved. Ignore the naysayers and plow on ahead with these plans!

nope. the only thing workable about it is that israel can in all likely hood ramp up their continuous breaching of international law and human rights. something they have been doing since the beginning.

sitting down with israel will do nothing. israel is an expansionist project which will continue it's actions regardless.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Realpolitk. Israel is a very rich nation, with one of the most advanced militaries on the planet and has the bend-over-backwards backing of a superpower.

Would have been much better for the Palestinians if they accepted one of the previous deals but such is hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

rapul wrote: »
    How would you deal with it then?

id turn my sarcasm detector on for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Israel was established under international law whether you agree or disagree.

israel today is not the israel as established under international law. it is way outside it's borders for a start.
    The only reason Palestine has to comprimise (as will Israel) is because there is no other solution that will get past Israel.

if we are being realistic, the only solution that will get past israel is complete capitulation and the allowence to simply take and colonise the land.
    The world powers will not abandon Israel.

apart from a couple of powers, i may not be so sure on others, there is no real incentive for them to go out of their way to stick by israel's side no matter what. they won't stop recognising their right to exist, which is fine, however people do seem to be slowly waking up to israel and are getting sick of them and their behaviour.
    Nothing in life is perfect and you can live and prosper in an agreed political settlement or live in a perpetual warzone

not any political settlement where israel is concerned, until such time as they are told to behave and are told to get back within their borders.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

israel today is not the israel as established under international law. it is way outside it's borders for a start.

if we are being realistic, the only solution that will get past israel is complete capitulation and the allowence to simply take and colonise the land.

apart from a couple of powers, i may not be so sure on others, there is no real incentive for them to go out of their way to stick by israel's side no matter what. they won't stop recognising their right to exist, which is fine, however people do seem to be slowly waking up to israel and are getting sick of them and their behaviour.

not any political settlement where israel is concerned, until such time as they are told to behave and are told to get back within their borders.

If they get back within their borders will they be allowed live in peace?

Advertisement