Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliable car mechanic in limerick

• 28-01-2020 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi , looking for a reliable car mechanic in limerick for audi car. Front wheel bearing needs to be changed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If you use the search function you'll get the information you need, personally I use Seamus McGrath on Sexton street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you use the search function you'll get the information you need, personally I use Seamus McGrath on Sexton street

+1 for Seamus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Horace Wimp

Aidan Frahill in Ballysimon never sent me wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

+1 for Aidan Frahill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

+1 for Seamus McGrath. Also, search previous threads on here and you will get similar recommendations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Can we sticky a recommend a mechanic thread? :pac:

I used Auto Works in the Eastway Business Park recently and would recommend. Very straight talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 dr.jhasan

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Can we sticky a recommend a mechanic thread? :pac:

I used Auto Works in the Eastway Business Park recently and would recommend. Very straight talking.

Thanks. I have a booking with this garage. Will see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

I have used Danny in Autoworks too, knows his stuff and is very genuine, reasonable prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

jonski wrote: »
    +1 for Aidan Frahill

Nope, gave him a go saying I thought it was an engine mount, he fobbed me off not once but twice, charged me royally to change other parts and the knocking noise was still there as I drove out the door. Tried Seamus and the issue, a simple engine mount as I thought, was done and dusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

Nope, gave him a go saying I thought it was an engine mount, he fobbed me off not once but twice, charged me royally to change other parts and the knocking noise was still there as I drove out the door. Tried Seamus and the issue, a simple engine mount as I thought, was done and dusted.

I'm sure we had this discussion on one of the other mechanic threads or some variation of it . I can only give my opinion on it . I am going to Aidan since he was working with Seamus, so was my father and I still take his car there for my mother, my daughter has been going there since she got her car as is my brother and his daughters . None of us have ever had an issue with the work done or the price charged . As our regular mechanic he also does things like check out cars we are potentially buying or headlight adjustment before NTC and never charges for that kind of stuff .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

jonski wrote: »
    I'm sure we had this discussion on one of the other mechanic threads or some variation of it . I can only give my opinion on it . I am going to Aidan since he was working with Seamus, so was my father and I still take his car there for my mother, my daughter has been going there since she got her car as is my brother and his daughters . None of us have ever had an issue with the work done or the price charged . As our regular mechanic he also does things like check out cars we are potentially buying or headlight adjustment before NTC and never charges for that kind of stuff .

We shall agree to disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Found out similar issues after going to Seamus that were never even looked at in Frahill's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Mc Love wrote: »
    Found out similar issues after going to Seamus that were never even looked at in Frahill's
    Can also testify to something similar.

Advertisement