Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Yellow

Options
  • 28-01-2020 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

I believe I recieved an unfair yellow. The mod in question won't budge. Would I be able to appeal via PM as the thread is now closed and it's of a very sensitive nature anyway.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Post deleted

Please note only the OP, CMod dealing with the appeal or Admin may post in a DRP thread unless invited by the CMod/Admin

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As the card was issued by one of the two CMods for the category I'll check if the other is available top deal with this. If not one of the Admins may take on the CMod role here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

Beasty wrote: »
    As the card was issued by one of the two CMods for the category I'll check if the other is available top deal with this. If not one of the Admins may take on the CMod role here

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

I believe I recieved an unfair yellow. The mod in question won't budge. Would I be able to appeal via PM as the thread is now closed and it's of a very sensitive nature anyway.

Hi Todd,

Apologies for the delay.

No worries about the deleted thread, I can still gather facts.

Can you please verify that you tried to resolve this with the Mod?
    If you could share the PM conversation where you tried to resolve by forwarding the PMs to me personally please, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks.

L

Hi Todd,

I have reviewed the thread and the PM conversation where you tried to resolve with the banning Mod.

The Mod made a request to not speculate on a very sensitive thread, this was ignored by you.
    You received the low end in terms of action taken by the Mod.
    As you were clearly given direction by the Mod but chose to ignore it, I can't see how this was an unfair yellow.

I understand that you have an issue with others not receiving action also. However, I can't deal with that here.

Yellow upheld.

As per the flowchart, you can accept my review or it can be escalated to an Admin.

• Advertisement

LEIN wrote: »
    Hi Todd,

I have reviewed the thread and the PM conversation where you tried to resolve with the banning Mod.

The Mod made a request to not speculate on a very sensitive thread, this was ignored by you.
    You received the low end in terms of action taken by the Mod.
    As you were clearly given direction by the Mod but chose to ignore it, I can't see how this was an unfair yellow.

I understand that you have an issue with others not receiving action also. However, I can't deal with that here.

Yellow upheld.

As per the flowchart, you can accept my review or it can be escalated to an Admin.

There was no speculation, unless it could be backed up by a source, which I did. What I said wasn't speculation, unless you are waiting for a court verdict? I've asked this numerous times and no one will answer me.

There's 100s of comments the same as mine posted in the thread that didn't receive any action, and indeed in other threads which are still ongoing, so hopefully you can see that set a precedent for what's acceptable before I posted. There's even a comment just before mine that is similar. I reported those (as per mod advice) and there was no action taken after, so there's extreme inconsistency there. Until the courts issue a verdict, any post suggesting a perpetrator are speculation, so I genuinely don't understand how mine stuck out in any way?
    Can you at least tell me the difference between what I said and the others said? Or would an admin do that?

In short, I don't accept your review. Thanks.

Admin required

OK, I've had a look

It was definitely a very sensitive thread as it concerned the murder of 3 children. Now the situation has moved on since your post and the thread has been closed as the mother has been charged with murder. Hence it's a bit easier to give a little more background here

The problem is you pre-judged this. You essentially called the mother a murderer before any decision to even charge her had been made. That was very clearly speculative and contrary to the warnings in the Opening Post

You also need to understand we have to be very careful with this sort of thread, and mods had to spend quite some time firefighting to allow some discussion to continue wjile removing any potentially prejudicial content. If you feel there remains some content that is also prejudicial please report the relevant posts as the case moves on and none of us are in any position to judge guilt or otherwise. That will be for a judge and jury to determine.

Yellow card upheld

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, I've had a look

It was definitely a very sensitive thread as it concerned the murder of 3 children. Now the situation has moved on since your post and the thread has been closed as the mother has been charged with murder. Hence it's a bit easier to give a little more background here

The problem is you pre-judged this. You essentially called the mother a murderer before any decision to even charge her had been made. That was very clearly speculative and contrary to the warnings in the Opening Post

You also need to understand we have to be very careful with this sort of thread, and mods had to spend quite some time firefighting to allow some discussion to continue wjile removing any potentially prejudicial content. If you feel there remains some content that is also prejudicial please report the relevant posts as the case moves on and none of us are in any position to judge guilt or otherwise. That will be for a judge and jury to determine.

Yellow card upheld

Please don't misquote me. I said she killed them, there is a huge difference. The article I shared states that Gardai were waiting for her to recover and were not seeking anyone else in relation to the deaths. Whether it is murder is a matter for the courts, I deliberately didn't say she murdered them.

Now there is a post almost immediately before mine saying that it's crazy what it is going thorough people's heads and what they are capable of. How is that different?

Also I reported numerous posts and they are still there.

If you've reported and no further action has been taken you can assume no further action was considered necessary

Marking resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement