Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewire completion cert

Options
  • 28-01-2020 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    Recently had a rewire carried out and when the rec was finished they gave me "certs" and were then paid ect.

It was only when speaking to someone else who also had a rewire done recently I noticed mine were different.

They had a cert of completion and 2 test sheets, I dont have a completion cert just 2 test sheets. I contacted the rec and they said that he sends the results to safe electric and they then issue the cert but I'm now a bit wary.

Can anyone confirm if that is the case and safe electric do issue the cert, or is it supposed to come from the rec directly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

5500 wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    Recently had a rewire carried out and when the rec was finished they gave me "certs" and were then paid ect.

It was only when speaking to someone else who also had a rewire done recently I noticed mine were different.

They had a cert of completion and 2 test sheets, I dont have a completion cert just 2 test sheets. I contacted the rec and they said that he sends the results to safe electric and they then issue the cert but I'm now a bit wary.

Can anyone confirm if that is the case and safe electric do issue the cert, or is it supposed to come from the rec directly?

Have you power connected?
    A Cert is sent to safe electric and they forward this to esbn to provide power
    When power is connected the rec comes back to do post connection tests and then issues the completion Cert to customer (Cert 1)
    He shouldn’t have given you a test record sheet until all tests are completed

If you already have power then your rec should issue a Cert 3 along with test records

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Yes power is connected, the old meter wasnt moved or that so no tails to be reconnected, so in effect the job is finished from his side

Yes power is connected, the old meter wasnt moved or that so no tails to be reconnected, so in effect the job is finished from his side

Has he upgraded the main cables from meter to distribution board to 16 mm. If so then a Cert 1 should be issued to safe electric
    Post pic if possible

Just to add. The rec issues the certificate,not safe electric

Afaik no he hasn't, I remember him saying that the cables from the meter to the board were adequate and didn't need to be changed

• Advertisement

Afaik no he hasn't, I remember him saying that the cables from the meter to the board were adequate and didn't need to be changed

If the house needed a rewire then it’s unlikely (but not impossible )
    that the main tails are adequate

I think the old meter was upgraded at some point along with the previous dist board in the past 10 years, so maby the tails were changed then, I'll go back to him again though and query that it's supposed to be him and not rec issuing it, as I assume the test results arent really much use without the cert to say the works were done.

In this previous thread you were looking for tails to be connected to the meter

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058030184

I think the old meter was upgraded at some point along with the previous dist board in the past 10 years, so maby the tails were changed then, I'll go back to him again though and query that it's supposed to be him and not rec issuing it, as I assume the test results arent really much use without the cert to say the works were done.

The Cert is the important document,backed up by the test results
    The electrical contractor issues this certificate

meercat wrote: »
    In this previous thread you were looking for tails to be connected to the meter

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058030184

That was enquring for said friend who has the cert already, incedently they were given the cert and tests when the job was completed but before esb came out to install the new meter and connect tails

• Advertisement

That was enquring for said friend who has the cert already, incedently they were given the cert and tests when the job was completed but before esb came out to install the new meter and connect tails

The post connection tests can’t be done(or test records completed) until meter is installed. Only then should the certificate be completed and given to customer along with the test records

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭EHP

Sounds like there was no need for Esb Networks to be involved in your job so when the REC completed the job he should have issued you with a cert 3 and the test record sheets. He then would have sent a copy of the cert 3 to RECI and he would have another copy for himself, you would have the original cert. In no circumstances would RECI be sending you a copy of the cert. On the bottom of the test record sheets he should have written his RECI number you should ring RECI with the number and they will sort it for you.

Advertisement