Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Coffee Van Ireland

Options
  • 28-01-2020 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi Guys,

You might be able to me.

I’m about to start a coffee van business, I’m located in Galway but intend to do events, shows, markets, sporting events etc around the country. I’m just wondering what sort of trading license you need to trade in these events or even along popular areas around Galway city ? I’m up to date with registering the new business with the local EHO but struggling to find information on trading licenses when it comes to operating a coffee van.

Any information on this topic would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

be very wary because it seems to me that events like xmas markets etc all have the same vendors as if they are some kind of monopoly and it may be difficult to get a single pitch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note;I've moved this to the Entrepreneurial & Business Management forum, it's better suited to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Each venue will probably have a trading manager that you will need to contact beforehand. Details are probably on their websites.

For a minimum I reckon you’ll need PL insurance and food safety training/certification.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

If you haven't bought a van yet, don't! You need to do a lot more research, there are ample threads here regarding this business and its pitfalls. And a lot of these vans come up for sale over the years. As above, the cost to be at a venue plus the time/cost of getting there won't be recoup'd in coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

There’s no money in this business. Honestly.

Post up you costs etc and I and others will help as much as we can with the realities and the hidden costs.

Seriously. Your going to work 60 hours a week minimum, and earn €400 if you very lucky. And that’s not allowing for the multitude of things that will go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Bandara wrote: »
    There’s no money in this business. Honestly.

Post up you costs etc and I and others will help as much as we can with the realities and the hidden costs.

Seriously. Your going to work 60 hours a week minimum, and earn €400 if you very lucky. And that’s not allowing for the multitude of things that will go wrong.

Would agree. Even if you get a busy pitch you'll need someone to help you then and that will destroy your profit.

Advertisement