Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more grooming gangs, this time Scotland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Ok I've been duped by wind-up artists but folks, come on, you should know better than to engage with that new makingmovies account when it's as obvious as night following day.

I'm jumping to the defense of innocent Muslims from the likes of you. I can feel the venom seeping from your every word. Despicable

Nobody is attacking innocent Muslims. It is not racist to point out the obvious fact that these grooming gangs are overwhelmingly from the same background. As I said earlier, it is not "foreigners" who are being blamed, it is a very specific subset of immigrants who are perpetrating these crimes, that is Muslims of Pakistani or Bangladesh origins.

Would you jump to the defence of innocent Catholic priests as wholeheartedly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Ok I've been duped by wind-up artists but folks, come on, you should know better than to engage with that new makingmovies account when it's as obvious as night following day.

Yeah to be honest he deserves an upvote for stringing our such an obvious wind-up over 5 pages without people copping it.

Suspiciously similar posting style to Paddygreen late of this parish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Multi-culturism can work but not right now, the smart people stay in their country and they send us the bottom of the barrel, too many cave men coming here performing barbaric acts and practices that's okay in their countries. Ireland should really shut the doors to people from these countries.

Can work but only if it is structured around a strong national identity and good integration measures.
    Managed diversity is a good thing, but many studies point out (as per the video below) too much diversity is bad for social cohesion.
    I would argue everyone needs to be on the same team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

That jokes as bad as your bigotry. Try harder next time

I don't have to try much to get a reaction from your good self

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

That's right I have. Due to the tasteless nature of the post and the mean-spirited responses it's garnered.

Most of the tasteless and mean spirited responses are coming from you against other posters. Or do you really not see this

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Nobody is attacking innocent Muslims. It is not racist to point out the obvious fact that these grooming gangs are overwhelmingly from the same background. As I said earlier, it is not "foreigners" who are being blamed, it is a very specific subset of immigrants who are perpetrating these crimes, that is Muslims of Pakistani or Bangladesh origins.

Strange. I counted seven nationalities of men implicated of crimes in this article, none of which were Bangladeshi.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Don't use the think about the children line to give your racism some kind of noble purpose. It stinks

Wow the smell of special is strong on this one.....

Oh and seriously I'm actually very concerned you believe anything I wrote was racist ...

Wow the smell of special is strong on this one.....

I think there's sith awakening in our midst.

I have felt the presence of the dark side.

Coming from the outer reaches of the dark side of boards...

Powerful it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

tommy robinson has been saying this for years and been called a racist etc

can't say anything out of fear of being called a racist etc

fact is we will be swarmed with this in a few years ( mark my words )

put your heads in the ground all you like its gonna happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

The same fools who feel they have to jump in with #notallmen whenever sexual predatory by men is exposed now also feel the need to draw a big flourescent arrow pointing to the religion of the perpetrators. Who cares what religion they were or where they were from? Paedophile rings exist in all cultures and all races.

optogirl wrote: »
    The same fools who feel they have to jump in with #notallmen whenever sexual predatory by men is exposed now also feel the need to draw a big flourescent arrow pointing to the religion of the perpetrators. Who cares what religion they were or where they were from? Paedophile rings exist in all cultures and all races.

Ok so what's your suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Completely agree. Unfortunately the actions of the police in the UK in not investigating because people were of certain races has only added fodder to the idea that its only from certain cultures or races that this happens.

I think its also about society's attitude to vulnerable working class girls then anything. There seems to be a hierarchy of victim. Some of the reports in the North of England cases was dismissed as the girls being sluts and consenting when they were too young to do so. The police have a lot to answer here.

Don't you think if there is a strong trend that it is worth analysing, however uncomfortable? I don't think this is as simple as a paedophile ring, considering the way the crimes in the UK were covered up for years out of fear of causing offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I would absolutely bet if there was a religion that actively condoned raping children that was almost exclusively white people following it you’d be one of the first to condemn it.

Were living in clown world , we revile catholic priests and dutch / uk paedo rings - rightly so, but a group of brown people do it and its ‘hold on now lets not condemn this right off, we dont know what happened here, its not all of them, the muslim who runs my corner shop is lovely’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

The train of thought here is disgusting and racist. The people from these countries need our help. We've exploited and destroyed their countries of course some are angry. If we listened to them and educated them this could be avoided. But this attitude you all have helps no one. Dog whistling is all it is.

We? Wtf did the Irish do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

tommy robinson has been saying this for years and been called a racist etc

can't say anything out of fear of being called a racist etc

fact is we will be swarmed with this in a few years ( mark my words )

put your heads in the ground all you like its gonna happen

Tommy Robinson is a racist who was a member of and still a supporter of openly racist and fascist organisations. He's using this this stuff as part of a wider far-right narrative, ironically while his own organisation was also full of nonces.

The man has referred to taxi drivers as "little Pakis", he called a woman "so ugly even a Syrian refugee wouldn't rape her" and openly cavorts with Generation Identity, an explicitly white supremacist organisation. On top of that he was involved with the BNP and led an organisation that was packed to the rafters with the usual far-right lot.

As for paedophile gangs; there is clearly an issue amongst a section of the British population that comes from Pakistani/Bengali backgrounds that has a deeply misogynist and exploitative view of white girls and young women. It's wrong and it needs to be dealt with. That however, does not equate with Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in general all being a threat to women.

As for the police wanting to investigate these crimes but being bound by political correctness, that's just b*llocks frankly. The cops didn't investigate these things because they didn't give a sh*t about the people involved. These were young working class girls from the wrong side of the tracks, came from bad families and had been excluded from school and the like. They were written off by society in general, fell into a horrific cycle of abuse from predatory scumbags and the police didn't want to know. The idea the police were 'prevented' from helping them is farcical and they're lying to cover their arses. As usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

Don't you think if there is a strong trend that it is worth analysing, however uncomfortable? I don't think this is as simple as a paedophile ring, considering the way the crimes in the UK were covered up for years out of fear of causing offence.

There's a strong trend of white men committing assault & violence daily. It doesn't mean their ethnicity is the issue. As far as police services covering up crimes for whatever reason, that, in itself, is an offence and should be treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

And the victims were white children, quelle surprise....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Right. What bile exactly have i spouted. Ever on the site.

You can't even address any of the points i made. Just assume i am racist and criticize me instead of anything i said.

My post history here shows i have committed many times on feminism or issues about women so don't tell me what i care about.

You complete child.

Think they just moved into an apt under a bridge tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

FTA69 wrote: »
    Tommy Robinson is a racist who was a member of and still a supporter of openly racist and fascist organisations. He's using this this stuff as part of a wider far-right narrative, ironically while his own organisation was also full of nonces.

The man has referred to taxi drivers as "little Pakis", he called a woman "so ugly even a Syrian refugee wouldn't rape her" and openly cavorts with Generation Identity, an explicitly white supremacist organisation. On top of that he was involved with the BNP and led an organisation that was packed to the rafters with the usual far-right lot.

As for paedophile gangs; there is clearly an issue amongst a section of the British population that comes from Pakistani/Bengali backgrounds that has a deeply misogynist and exploitative view of white girls and young women. It's wrong and it needs to be dealt with. That however, does not equate with Pakistanis and Bangladeshis in general all being a threat to women.

As for the police wanting to investigate these crimes but being bound by political correctness, that's just b*llocks frankly. The cops didn't investigate these things because they didn't give a sh*t about the people involved. These were young working class girls from the wrong side of the tracks, came from bad families and had been excluded from school and the like. They were written off by society in general, fell into a horrific cycle of abuse from predatory scumbags and the police didn't want to know. The idea the police were 'prevented' from helping them is farcical and they're lying to cover their arses. As usual.

Even a stopped clock is rjght and all that, Robinson is a racist but western europe is currently having a massive issue with an influx of muslims and africans who view women and female children as having about as much agency as a lamp. Its resulting in acid attacks, grooming gangs, rape gangs etc... this being an issue he his right on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,319 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I think there is no reason to not expect the same thing to happen eventually as there seems to be a cultural/religious element to these rapes and they are always non Muslims who are getting sexually assaulted. The Garda need to be aware and vigilant.
    [/URL]

Thankfully non-Muslims never rape people.

I would agree that we should try and keep Ireland rape-free.

Would you jump to the defence of innocent Catholic priests as wholeheartedly?

religion does not come into it.
    catholic priests did not commit abuses against children because they were catholic. The position they were in in society allowed them total power, it was the power & the place they were in that allowed it to happen.
    Of course not all Catholic priests were abusers, everyone should understand that.

in the same way, people who are muslim, are not all abusers. surely everyone can understand that their religion doesn't come into it at all?

Completely agree. Unfortunately the actions of the police in the UK in not investigating because people were of certain races has only added fodder to the idea that its only from certain cultures or races that this happens.

I think its also about society's attitude to vulnerable working class girls then anything. There seems to be a hierarchy of victim. Some of the reports in the North of England cases was dismissed as the girls being sluts and consenting when they were too young to do so. The police have a lot to answer here.

these two statements are very confused. Police did not investigate these crimes because of who the abusers were, the second part of your statement is more correct.

Even a stopped clock is rjght and all that, Robinson is a racist but western europe is currently having a massive issue with an influx of muslims and africans who view women and female children as having about as much agency as a lamp. Its resulting in acid attacks, grooming gangs, rape gangs etc... this being an issue he his right on.

In Britain the vast majority of this stuff is committed by people who have been born and raised in the UK and are second and third generation here; it isn't being done by a load of lads who jumped the Eurostar from Calais. There are issues within some sections of the South Asian Muslim community with paedo gangs and radicalisation and all of that stuff; this is rooted in a wide degree of factors from community insularity, overrepresentation in the night-time economy (allowing groups access to vulnerable young people) as well as things like the destruction of industrial jobs funnelling people into destructive behaviour. This stuff is relatively recent in the grand scheme of migration going back a century.

Things like gang-crime and the like are rooted far deeper in social and economic issues in places like London than they are second-generation Ghanaians having a genetic predisposition to knifing people.

bubblypop wrote: »
    these two statements are very confused. Police did not investigate these crimes because of who the abusers were, the second part of your statement is more correct.

Far more likely they didn't investigate because of who the girls being abused were.

If you take whatever the police say at face value on this issue, you're being naïve at best. They've a proven track record of lying through their teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

If people haven't, I'd highly recommend you watch Three Girls. It's BBC but was on Netflix too and honestly is heartbreaking and show's the disaster that was police inaction. It's based around the gang in Rochdale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

FTA69 wrote: »

not here to debate what he said or who he is associated with

the english government are persecuting him because he's bringing up the muslim rape gangs and the government don't wanna be seen as racist or upset the muslim community

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

There's a strong trend of white men committing assault & violence daily. It doesn't mean their ethnicity is the issue. As far as police services covering up crimes for whatever reason, that, in itself, is an offence and should be treated as such.

Of course these crimes exist among white people and as far as Im concerned anyone who grooms/rapes a child should get the rope, what troubles me most here is the ease these people have in forming these groups even though they are a small minority of the population and they come from different countries, they do however share a common culture and belief system.
    In this case alone according to reports there were 55 suspected members of this one group.

How are they so comfortable within their community to approach others and offer to engage in these activities ? How do 55 people get involved? suggests its not seen as negative by these communities.

If someone approached me about such activities I'd be straight to the guards, why don't we see that in these communities?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Horrifically sex rings exist worldwide. It is something I cannot comprehend, sex trafficking, child abuse rings, so called elite abuse rings, on line abuser rings, etc - it is just unfathomable that there are so many sick bad people in the world.
    To investigate this kind of crime there have to be categories. The online pervert accessing child porn is different to deal with than the punter paying for sex services from an obviously trafficked person.
    In terms of dealing with things criminologically differences have to be noticed. In the case of these so called Asian grooming gangs there are factors in common that make it a category of its own with definitive characteristics. It is allowed to notice that.
    One of the main ones for me personally is that the girls - so far, and as far as I know, but this may change - are usually if not always white. So there is a racist element, from the perpetrators. They are somehow viewing the girls as less worthy of protection and more worthy of abuse.

It might be for example that white grooming gangs in some parts of the world target black girls, and that would be noteworthy. One could understand black communities being enraged if white rings did that. It probably is already a thing.
    In fact isn't there a type of sex crime where aid workers target children and girls in crises regions. People write reports and investigations especially about such cases. If, in the wake of such scandals, a Haitian person angrily said these fckers from NGOs are coming in here raping our women and children, I would have a lot of sympathy and understanding for their fury.
    Why would communitues in England or Scotland not be entitled to feel the same kind of fury?

Advertisement