Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more grooming gangs, this time Scotland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Scoteire

bubblypop wrote: »
    what? you mean you expect Gardai to release details of convicted rapists location, after they have served a sentence?

to prevent a rapist escaping, a description would be handy. Who said anything about convicted rapists and sentences? Oh, you did..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

You actually reckon almost 2 in 10 immigrants are child molesters?

Did you know that in the UK in the 1980s - 100% of Irish people living there were active members of the IRA.

Okay maybe it's closer to 10% so in my estimation

Scoteire wrote: »
    to prevent a rapist escaping, a description would be handy. Who said anything about convicted rapists and sentences? Oh, you did..

oh so you want gardai to give out descriptions of suspected rapists?
    In an effort to catch them is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I don't care what you've posted. But it's easy see through the Breitbartesque logic of the foreigners coming for our wimmins. Admit it you probably glare if you see a white girl with a black man

That's right I have. Due to the tasteless nature of the post and the mean-spirited responses it's garnered.

I know it's against the charter to accuse anyone of trolling so I wont.

But I will ask why posters are allowed to purposely purposely attempt to get posts shut down while accusing people baselessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

I see the same few posters are trying to obfuscate and de-rail the topic with the usual retorts, including the top two of: the Catholic Church and the IRA.

They must have a script running so that when anytime the "M" word is mentioned, they go into frenzied mode to deflect and defend. Irrespective of Muslims gangs raping children all over England and Scotland, or Muslim fanatics murdering children in Manchester with bombs or driving over them with trucks in Nice, the same excuse for the deflection of the topic is given i.e. we are blaming all Muslims. No person with a scintilla of sense would ever say that is the case, but that doesn't stop the attempt to de-rail the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

FTA69 wrote: »
    He's doing very well out of it actually. He's forever looking for money and has raised hundreds of thousands from online appeals, and where has it gone exactly?

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis/2018/08/07/an-insider-reveals-tommy-robinsons-far-right-platform-is-actually-a-get-rich-quick-scheme/

This site is a lefty one in fairness, but it contains quotes from his fomer PA about how's coining it.

If he is making cash, and I'll take the link at face value, then fair enough. At the end of the day he's not wrong in the broad sense - he's not right all the time either - IMO he's painted as a bogetman by the left and establishment for shining a light on some uncomfortable facts about the Muslim community in the UK. I think that's fair enough in terms of maintaining a cohesive society. Ignoring it (as was the apparent strategy of the UK Police and Politicians) is not the way to go.

Moving a bit back towards the main topic at hand though - IMO, there is a conversation to be had about the role of the Muslim Community in the UK - when we consider that 52% of UK Muslims want homosexuality made illegal, 23% want Sharia (link) and more UK Muslims joined ISIS than joined the British Army - this might infer that large numbers of UK Muslims are not marching in-step with the broad direction of the rest of the UK populace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

So 55 asylum seekers took part in this one gang.
    I take it Scotland got all the nasty ones n Paddy will get all the nice ones. Wonder if this will make rte news or the journal!
    Nothing to see here, move along now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

enricoh wrote: »
    So 55 asylum seekers took part in this one gang.
    I take it Scotland got all the nasty ones n Paddy will get all the nice ones. Wonder if this will make rte news or the journal!
    Nothing to see here, move along now.

Even BBC/Scotland won't touch it!:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland

Nowhere on their main news page. Instead a story about deer numbers, oh dear. Other 'important' headline news from the beeb includes i) some ballplayer crashed his copter across the pond, and Mrs Brown wins an award. Oh an a couple of binmen find some cash in a bin.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

2020. Western Europe. The greatest period ever to be a woman in the history of humanity and we have the police covering up rape gangs who prey on CHILDREN. The era of metoo is a joke when you see these things going on. If you're not a celebrity millionaire and or your perpetrators are a different skin tone they don't care. Thousands of lives destroyed in a short few years, the true extent of which will never be unearthed.

Another scary layer to it? It would be statistically unlikely that Ireland is not suffering the same faith. It's going on in Ireland - right now as you read this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

FTA69 wrote: »
    In Britain the vast majority of this stuff is committed by people who have been born and raised in the UK and are second and third generation here; it isn't being done by a load of lads who jumped the Eurostar from Calais. There are issues within some sections of the South Asian Muslim community with paedo gangs and radicalisation and all of that stuff; this is rooted in a wide degree of factors from community insularity, overrepresentation in the night-time economy (allowing groups access to vulnerable young people) as well as things like the destruction of industrial jobs funnelling people into destructive behaviour. This stuff is relatively recent in the grand scheme of migration going back a century.

Things like gang-crime and the like are rooted far deeper in social and economic issues in places like London than they are second-generation Ghanaians having a genetic predisposition to knifing people.

It just shows what a cluster "multi-culturalism" has been, that even after 2 or 3 generations some of these people still have little to no respect for women and are engaging in other sorts of crime more than likely as a result of the poverty they live in. This poverty a result of too many people, no resources and no planning.

• Advertisement

Even BBC/Scotland won't touch it!:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland

Nowhere on their main news page. Instead a story about deer numbers, oh dear. Other 'important' headline news from the beeb includes i) some ballplayer crashed his copter across the pond, and Mrs Brown wins an award. Oh an a couple of binmen find some cash in a bin.

Didn't realize the media were that bad over there.
    Immigration was probably the deciding factor with people voting for brexit , I wonder how many involved in this gang will pass the points based system for UK immigration that's coming in?
    No panic, Paddy will take em anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

It's probably more than 100,000 girls who have been affected by these grooming gangs. And when you replicate it around Europe it will be in the millions. Over the space of 20 odd years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Prince Andrew moved to Scotland? I wouldn't class him as an immigrant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

And Scotland seems to like projecting itself as an anti Troy, welcoming, tolerate progressive country when, in actual fact, they're the same as England in covering up rape gangs.

Immigration was probably the deciding factor with people voting for brexit , I wonder how many involved in this gang will pass the points based system for UK immigration that's coming in?
    2015: Germany opens the doors to 1m+ random folks, NYE hundreds (maybe thousands) of young ladies experience sexual harassment on a single night.
    2016: Whola: Le Brexit (13m+)

They likely wouldn't even meet Boris (suggested reduced) min salary, considering many minicab/carwash/fried chicken shop cash-jobs are off the aul tax books.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The EU has been glad of them fighting to get to the UK for years, its why they never did anything at Calais . Now as a payback for 'defending our island' in border negociations , we're going to have to give something back, something like taking in thousands more of these migrants and paying for them forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

optogirl wrote: »
    Who cares what religion they were or where they were from? Paedophile rings exist in all cultures and all races.
    Is it really not relevant when the pattern is an overwhelming (very very overwhelming) dominance of men of Pakistani origin? Isn't that really specific and non "by chance"? Particularly when these operations were not confined to one area.

It gets to a point where such patterns indicate that a particular culture/community has a problem. Not one that absolutely every member of said culture/community is influenced by of course but where are the men in question learning these attitudes from? This disgust at very young white girls from under privileged backgrounds? A disgust so intense that they view them as nothings - to be drugged, raped and psychologically tormented. Just as the abused aren't random, neither are the abusers.

Now it can be argued that people of numerous ethnicities (mostly whites I'd bet) look down on such girls - and that's true - but it is overwhelmingly men of a specific demographic who have been targeting them for actual abuse. This suggests an issue regarding men's attitudes to females within Pakistani culture itself rearing its head. It must do - it's hardly random. Pakistan is after all where menstrual huts are a thing.

And when such patterns become obvious, it has to be said - it cannot be left unsaid or it will fester. That goes for any situation whatsoever. A group with a problem that's affecting others needs to be told this and they need to address it, otherwise it will continue.

As for it being a myth that excessive political correctness was the reason for it being brushed under the carpet? While I've no doubt there were less sh1ts about the girls because of who they were (like the Yorkshire Ripper case - not until the victim was no longer a sex worker and was a university student did the police really knuckle down) I believe in the political correctness claim too. People on the coal face of tackling the crisis have gone on record to say it was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The advantage of it happening in England and Scotland first is the Gardai can preempt it from happening here in Ireland by examining the UK circumstances if the will is there. We had our own rape gangs in the last century with certain members of the clergy. I hope people have learnt from those cases too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

like everything else in life, mass immigration brings both positives and negatives.

positives include things like fresh genes, fun cuisines, cheap labour.

negatives include the subject matter of this thread.

to expect migrants to only bring positives is silly. the question is, do they bring a net positive or a net negative?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,349 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The sad thing is I be more surprised if it was NOT happening here then if it was.

I doubt this country is exempt from it. We are such soft touch for so many things. Would not be surprised if it was a cover up here too. Sad to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mlem123

Raconteuse wrote: »
    This disgust at very young white girls from under privileged backgrounds? A disgust so intense that they view them as nothings - to be drugged, raped and psychologically tormented. Just as the abused aren't random, neither are the abusers.

I think you're looking at it too deeply. They choose these girls as they are outside their community and they are vulnerable/easily groomed due to a lack of parental supervision, lack of friends/feeling isolated, and the natural naivety that a 14-16 year old would have.

I mentioned the program 3 girls earlier but it showed how they groomed these particular girls. They all came from messy family situations, they befriended them in their take away, they gave them "free" food and then moved onto alcohol, they let them hang out above the take away which the girls viewed as a sanctuary away from their messy homes. They told the girls that they were their boyfriends. When they finally were in deep is when they started raping and tricking the girls out.

I found it shocking watching it but also so saddened. These girls weren't groomed with promises of an amazing lifestyle or designer goods, they were groomed using cheap food, cheap alcohol, and giving them the feeling of companionship.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

like everything else in life, mass immigration brings both positives and negatives.

positives include things like fresh genes, fun cuisines, cheap labour.

negatives include the subject matter of this thread.

to expect migrants to only bring positives is silly. the question is, do they bring a net positive or a net negative?

That’s one question. Other questions would be how to get the most from the positives and help those aspects to flourish and how to minimise or crack down on the negatives.

There appears to have been a change in approach to these groups. The authorities might have been afraid to rock the boat by appearing to single out minorities in the past. But the cluster of arrests in these groups suggests that’s not the case any longer.

No group should be protected from the law but it seems groups get protection for various reasons. The catholic’s got protection in Ireland due to their power and influence. The muslims got protection in the UK because they were previously discriminated against and there was an over correction. As long as they’re not protected from the law then it’s an improvement.

like everything else in life, mass immigration brings both positives and negatives....
    ...to expect migrants to only bring positives is silly. the question is, do they bring a net positive or a net negative?
    This however, is about not 'mass migration' in the general wider term.

This is about migrant grooming gangs from a very specific regional heritgage, ideology and even religon, as is already evident.

The characteristics of such incidents, does not apply to the vast majority of migrants (migration as a whole, is a very positive event under normal conditions/patterns).
    Again it's just an issue for a very, very specific sub-set that repeatedly fail to integrate.

Even calling these typical offenders 'Asians' (as per the BBC), is incorrect and insulting to the rest of Asia, whom are generally very well behaved indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I see the pattern from Germany, Sweden and UK repeating here.
    And the do-gooders won't prevent it so it will definitely happen here too.

And it has already started in small scale. I read about "Asian" taxi drivers arrested for sexual assault.

biko wrote: »
    I see the pattern from Germany, Sweden and UK repeating here.
    And the do-gooders won't prevent it so it will definitely happen here too.

And it has already started in small scale. I read about "Asian" taxi drivers arrested for sexual assault.

Right. But isn't the fact that the criminal was arrested specifically not an example of these grouping gangs that were allowed to operate in the UK?

An example of that would be someone reporting an Asian taxi driver for sexual assault and the police not pursuing them because they're Asian.

An example of that would be someone reporting an Asian* taxi driver for sexual assault and the police not pursuing them because they're Asian* * [e.g. Pakistani heritage]
    An example might be not releasing a description when looking for a suspect (or reporting an incident). At best the description offered may be ballparking the term 'Asian' (see above).

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I have nothing against muslim individuals, mostly. Unless they give me a reason. What I am against is opressive ideologies such as Islam that subjugates, women, gay people, and creative expressions and individual freedom.

We can't expect good results from importing religious conservatives in the country and expect them to mix fine with Irish and Europeans that have a more western and progressive outlook. They are fundamentally incompatible with each other. It's not racism or more correctly xenophobia. It's logical and rational.

Many people forget that importing a mentality where stoning is an acceptable form of punishment is crazy. It's not because they are brown skinned. Anyone, any colour can be muslim. It's cultural Islam and those that want to live in a caliphate.

This is not just a minority of people that follow some strange splinter-sect of Islamic values and culture. This is like where whole villages will come out and take part in beating the **** out of an underage girl if they think she commited something adultery or commited something against the Hadith or Quran.

Please look at the video. Look at how easily all the people are in lynching these people.

I'm not racist. I don't like religious conservative nuts!! I don't care what colour you are. If you think honour killings are acceptable, you can f!ck off.

BTW, I realise not all Muslims are closer to Islam. There are many passive, moderate muslims that are absolutely welcome to mix and enjoy Ireland or anywhere in the globe. It's the sympathizers and conservatives ones I'm worried about and there are 100's of milliions of them

See how many of these people turn out to kill this woman: Warning: It's blurred but graphic.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

An example of that would be someone reporting an Asian taxi driver for sexual assault and the police not pursuing them because they're Asian.
    A sexual assault in a taxi is a different thing. It's against a single adult female.
    Grooming gang go after kids that are already kinda rejected by society and that hang around the streets a lot.
    But the same driver could of course do both things, assault adults and children alike.

And before long the origin of the assailant won't be reported any more because the journalists thinks it could be used to fan "racism".

biko wrote: »
    A sexual assault in a taxi is a different thing. It's against a single adult female.
    Grooming gang go after kids that are already kinda rejected by society and that hang around the streets a lot.
    But the same driver could of course do both things, assault adults and children alike.

And before long the origin of the assailant won't be reported any more because the journalists thinks it could be used to fan "racism".

If it's a different thing then why did you think it was relevant enough to bring up?

• Advertisement

The sad thing is I be more surprised if it was NOT happening here then if it was.

I doubt this country is exempt from it. We are such soft touch for so many things. Would not be surprised if it was a cover up here too. Sad to say.

My missus works with vulnerable kids, some of whom were groomed recently. She was full of praise for the cops, very proactive.
    Usually I'm giving out about the cops, but that is reassuring, hope they get convictions against the scum.

Advertisement