Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more grooming gangs, this time Scotland

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

OP Just shut up for the sake of diversity!!

To think the police didn't want to touch this.
    To think politicians have told victims to shut up for the sake of diversity ....
    To think the left thinks anyone getting angry over this is just "racist" ...
    To think there is 500,000+ victims ! ...

Meanwhile the same police are kicking doors in over offensive tweets ...

absolute state of the UK ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Where are the feminists to protest this? -

• Registered Users Posts: 20,385 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Where are the feminists to protest this? -

Feel free to go to the UK and organise a feminist protest against this.
    Ireland doesn't have the history with Muslim countries as the UK has and so doesn't have the same misguided policies towards Muslims. Ireland has also had a period of major scandal around not acting on sexual abuse claims.

Fanticising about this happening in Ireland is really weird behaviour. if you know something, report it. If you're just fanticising about Muslims raping Irish childreb without any evidence, then you need to have a look at yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Ireland doesn't have the history with Muslim countries as the UK has and so doesn't have the same misguided policies towards Muslims. Ireland has also had a period of major scandal around not acting on sexual abuse claims.

Fanticising about this happening in Ireland is really weird behaviour. if you know something, report it. If you're just fanticising about Muslims raping Irish childreb without any evidence, then you need to have a look at yourselves.

Yet we were gung ho having BLM protests here, weren't we? Despite having no history of police violence against black people.

• Advertisement

Yet we were gung ho having BLM protests here, weren't we? Despite having no history of police violence against black people.

Go ahead an organise it if you feel strongly about it. Or do you just feel strongly about feeling strongly about it?

Do a one-man protest if you're the only one who feels strongly about it and see if you can gather support. Or just whinge on the internet and pretend to care as a way to have a pop at groups you don't like.

Nobody is stopping you from doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Go ahead an organise it if you feel strongly about it. Or do you just feel strongly about feeling strongly about it?

Do a one-man protest if you're the only one who feels strongly about it and see if you can gather support. Or just whinge on the internet and pretend to care as a way to have a pop at groups you don't like.

Nobody is stopping you from doing anything.

People attended the “march for innocence” a couple of weeks ago in Dublin. From the video footage most seemed like regular joe soaps.

They were all labelled as far right etc. in the media and by the twitterati.

The exact same thing would happen if people protested this. There would be counter protests too from the usual suspects who claim to be for “the working class.”

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    People attended the “march for innocence” a couple of weeks ago in Dublin. From the video footage most seemed like regular joe soaps.

The exact same thing would happen if people protested this. There would be counter protests too from the usual suspects who claim to be for “the working class.”

All movements face opposition, particularly in the beginking. Do you think the big movements of today were accepted and received mass support from day one? Hint: they didn't.

Look, if you feel strongly about it, protest. If you just want to whinge that other movements have put in the legwork over decades and have achieved momentum, that's fine. Just say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DelaneyIn wrote: »

most of them were. There was a contingent from the gullible (including John Connors) who were taken in but it was mostly far right thugs from the National Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

When you are upset about the grooming gangs then there are powers pushing to make you think you are alone, there is no use in protesting, you might be a nazi etc

But you are not alone, there are many other people that also care about these children.
    These powers trying to gaslight you won't win.

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    When you are upset about the grooming gangs then there are powers pushing to make you think you are alone, there is no use in protesting, you might be a nazi etc

But you are not alone, there are many other people that also care about these children.
    These powers trying to gaslight you won't win.

Grand. Get out and protest and maybe there are load of people who are upset about Muslim grooming gangs in Ireland in the total absence of any evidence for their existence.

I suspect you'd have a fairly big overlap with people who just dislike Muslims and very little over lap with people who care about protecting children and pursuing evidence of child abuse.

Ultimately this is about dislike of Muslims. If it were about child abuse them you'd be advocating for supporting groups who act to protect children from abuse. But in Ireland, child abusers are mostly white men and I doubt you've much interest in marching to raise awareness of, or antipathy towards, white men.

Just be honest about your intentions.

Ultimately this is about dislike of Muslims. If it were about child abuse them you'd be advocating for supporting groups who act to protect children from abuse. But in Ireland, child abusers are mostly white men and I doubt you've much interest in marching to raise awareness of, or antipathy towards, white men.

There is no more clerical abuse of children as far as I know but you seem to be intent on inviting people to replace them.
    Why is this? Why do you ignore evidence from other nations on the British Isles?

There is no more clerical abuse of children as far as I know but you seem to be intent on inviting people to replace them.
    Why is this? Why do you ignore evidence from other nations on the British Isles?
    I'm inviting people to replace paedophiles? I'll need you to appologise for that.

Feigning offence doesn't protect you from criticism.
    Are you not of the mindset we should invite Muslims into the country, even if there is a risk of grooming gangs, as evidenced in UK?
    Or are you of the mindset we should protect our children by simply restricting immigration to other peoples that do not form grooming gang?

How do you take personal responsibility that people that immigrate do not attack our children?

Are you not of the mindset we should invite Muslims into the country, even if there is a risk of grooming gangs, as evidenced in UK?
    Or are you of the mindset we should protect our children by simply restricting immigration to other peoples that do not form grooming gang?

How do you take personal responsibility that people that immigrate do not attack our children?

What a strange dichotomy. We've seen grooming gangs amongst the Catholics. Should we restrict Catholic immigration? We've also seen teachers and sports coaches and scout leaders involved in conspiracy to abuse children. Are you proposing restricting those people's immigration specifically too?

As it goes, I'm not in the business of inviting anyone to immigrate. I'm all on for protecting children. White men are the main demographic of child abusers in Ireland. Are you proposing any measures against white men?

I think all this has nothing to do with protecting children. If it was about protecting children then it wouldn't just be about having a go at Muslims. Using the pretense of caring about children to have a go at Muslims just shows how low some people will stoop. But that's the way of the world.

I'd just support the organisations who actively investigate evidence of child abuse, neglect etc. Are you interested in any of that or just when it comes to Muslims?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

What a strange dichotomy. We've seen grooming gangs amongst the Catholics. Should we restrict Catholic immigration? We've also seen teachers and sports coaches and scout leaders involved in conspiracy to abuse children. Are you proposing restricting those people's immigration specifically too?

As it goes, I'm not in the business of inviting anyone to immigrate. I'm all on for protecting children. White men are the main demographic of child abusers in Ireland. Are you proposing any measures against white men?

I think all this has nothing to do with protecting children. If it was about protecting children then it wouldn't just be about having a go at Muslims. Using the pretense of caring about children to have a go at Muslims just shows how low some people will stoop. But that's the way of the world.

I'd just support the organisations who actively investigate evidence of child abuse, neglect etc. Are you interested in any of that or just when it comes to Muslims?

At this point it's hard to believe you're arguing in good faith. There was a 577% increase in reports of child sex abuse in Yorkshire, relating to the Rotherham, Oldham, Rochdale grooming gang scandals. A Quilliam report stated that these gangs were 84% Asian, with the majority coming from a Pakistan Muslim background.

What a strange line of questioning. In order:
    1. I don't invite anyone to live in Ireland, it's not my job.

2. No. I don't think we should restrict immigration of white men because they're the main culprits of child abuse in Ireland. Nor do I think we should restrict other groups like Catholics, Scout leaders or swim coaches, based on the fact that some of them have formed child grooming gangs.

3. I don't take any responsibility for anyone but myself. What a strange question.

Now, a question for you. Are you proposing immigration rules for any demographic that has been involved in grooming gangs or just Muslims? E.g of other demographics who have been involved in grooming gangs are Catholics, Scout leaders, teachers and obviously white men.

P.s I don't hold suspicion of those groups mentioned in the paragraph above and I don't propose forming immigration policy based on the fact that the main culprits of abuse in Ireland are white men.

nj27 wrote: »
    At this point it's hard to believe you're arguing in good faith. There was a 577% increase in reports of child sex abuse in Yorkshire, relating to the Rotherham, Oldham, Rochdale grooming gang scandals. A Quilliam report stated that these gangs were 84% Asian, with the majority coming from a Pakistan Muslim background.

Dreadful stuff. It's good that the reports are coming in now and the wall of silence that existed in the UK has been broken down. We know what that's like form the clerical abuse scandal and the way the Catholics worked with the institutions of the State to silence victims. Dreadful to think the UK police didn't act on evidence of child abuse for political reasons.

One of the many good reforms to come from the clerical abuse scandal in Ireland is the child protection procedures in place now. No procedure is perfect, of course.

Ah yes, the leftist that come in to defend this behaviour, btw she was kicked off Twitter - were you one of the mob mass reporting her?

And who said anything about this happening in Ireland ? you brought that up - and the RCC abuse scandal ...

So disingenous, well of course they are, white men are the main demographic of males in Ireland!!

Like saying Black men are the main demographic of abusers in Nigeria.

If you wanna see over representation in stats, why do Asian men make up such a large % of abusers relative to the population in the UK ?

• Advertisement

Ah yes, the leftist that come in to defend this behaviour, btw she was kicked off Twitter - were you one of the mob mass reporting her?

And who said anything about this happening in Ireland ? you brought that up - and the RCC abuse scandal ...

Was that post supposed to quite me? If yes then a few questions:
    Who is "she" and what behaviour is being defended by whom?

The poster you quoted me replying to said this will happen in Ireland.

So disingenous, well of course they are, white men are the main demographic of males in Ireland!!

Like saying Black men are the main demographic of abusers in Nigeria.

If you wanna see over representation in stats, why do Asian men make up such a large % of abusers relative to the population in the UK ?

I don't know what % of abusers relative to the population in the UK. What UK stats are you using and what Irish stats are you using?

Now, a question for you. Are you proposing immigration rules for any demographic that has been involved in grooming gangs or just Muslims? E.g of other demographics who have been involved in grooming gangs are Catholics, Scout leaders, teachers and obviously white men.
    If it turned out that Chinese grooming gangs existed, would you join me on the barricades?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/01/14/police-officers-knowingly-neglected-girls-exploited-grooming/
    An Asian grooming gang was free to roam the streets and abuse young girls
    because police officers were told to “find other ethnicities” to investigate, a detective has claimed.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/margaret-oliver-rochdale-police-grooming-13027067
    "We’d found locations where the abuse had happened, vehicles used to transport the victims and had identified many serial sex offenders.
    We also had social workers telling us they’d been trying to get the police to take this problem seriously for years.
    But not one offender was arrested or charged. I couldn’t believe it.
    It was as if none of it had ever happened.

If it turned out that Chinese grooming gangs existed, would you join me on the barricades?

Maybe but it's unlikely. In the absence of evidence of the existence of any such gangs in Ireland, then, no. But you're well into the realm of fantasy at this stage. Imagining Muslim and Chinese grooming gangs in Ireland and imagining yourself manning the barricades against them. Walter Mitty stuff.

Here's a question i asked you earlier. Would you answer it? "Now, a question for you. Are you proposing immigration rules for any demographic that has been involved in grooming gangs or just Muslims? E.g of other demographics who have been involved in grooming gangs are Catholics, Scout leaders, teachers and obviously white men."

Here's a question i asked you earlier. Would you answer it? "Now, a question for you. Are you proposing immigration rules for any demographic that has been involved in grooming gangs or just Muslims? E.g of other demographics who have been involved in grooming gangs are Catholics, Scout leaders, teachers and obviously white men."
    Certainly, although your "white men" demographic sounds a bit loose, and tbh a bit racist.
    Are the current gangs raping children because they are brown men?

Certainly, although your "white men" demographic sounds a bit loose, and tbh a bit racist.
    Are the current gangs raping children because they are brown men?

I didn't catch the answer to the question the answer "Are you proposing immigration rules for any demographic that has been involved in grooming gangs or just Muslims? E.g of other demographics who have been involved in grooming gangs are Catholics, Scout leaders, teachers and obviously white men."

I don't know of any groups, of any description, raping children in Ireland, do you? I don't suppose the characteristics of the person, such as race or ethnicity or occupation, cause them to rape children. The fact that you would ask that question is telling though.

What's your answer to the question above?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

I don't know of any groups, of any description, raping children in Ireland, do you? I don't suppose the characteristics of the person, such as race or ethnicity or occupation, cause them to rape children. The fact that you would ask that question is telling though.

You conveniently ignore religion here. I'd argue that when it comes to Islam, having a prophet who married a 9 year old might play some part, and the fact that he essentially endorsed raping slaves https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concubinage_in_Islam.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

I don't know what % of abusers relative to the population in the UK. What UK stats are you using and what Irish stats are you using?
    Uk gov stats for convicted rapists of any type (E&Wales), shows that 12% of all convictions are Muslim (300% over-representation).

For the wider prison population (all crimes) 16% are Muslim (400% over-representation).

This is also the only group showing a significant (8%) increase since 2002. The other other specific group with any increase is the Buddists, up 1% to 2% total.

• Advertisement
Advertisement