Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light gaming (CCL pre-built)

Options
  • 29-01-2020 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭

Just wanted to do a quick sanity check on a CCL prebuilt that seems to be doing well on HUKD.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ccl-mini-stryker-1600af-confirmed-480gb-ssd-b450-rx570-49799-3396154

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 CORE AF
    MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte B450M DS3H AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard
    RAM: HyperX FURY 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM
    GRAPHICS CARD: XFX Radeon RX 570 XXX 8GB Graphics Card
    PSU: Be Quiet! System Power 9 600W 80+ Bronze PSU
    CASE Aero Cool Bolt Mini Case - Black
    STORAGE: Maxtor By Seagate Z1 480GB 2.5" SATA III SSD

I'd imagine worth upgrading the RX 570 to the 580 for the sake of ~£30?
    Seems to get a decent bump in performance as an upgrade with the 2600, which is comparable to the 1600 AF from what I've read.

Gaming wouldn't be super demanding, the likes of PoE or random RPG shenanigans mostly, but always nice to be able to throw something more taxing at it.

Currently have a pair of older Iyama 24" monitors, so I'd be looking for 1080p rather than 4k. Have a 2TB external to use for storage and a few HDDs I could add, so should be ok for storage. Would probably throw in the wireless card too, just in case it might ever be needed.

Anything obvious out of balance or poor value standing out? Something else I should look at instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

If that's a 1600 AF - no point in bumping CPU to 2600, as they're basically the same CPU.

Same for RX 570 vs 580 - they're both 8Gb cards. IMHO, not enough difference between them to justify £33.

Advertisement