Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord/Work References

Options
  • 29-01-2020 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

hi, I'm looking to from where I'm renting now for work and all the ads say work/landlord references essential, I'm just wondering what goes into these references, does it have to be a letter saying "x lived here from this date to that date", or do I give them my landlord/jobs email address and do they contact them or vice versa or just give them their phone numbers? my current landlord is a friend of the family so I never needed any of this before, also should I make sure that fact doesn't come up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I'd be looking for something from work saying your start date and whether or not you were out of probation. The LL reference should state you're quiet, respectful of the property and rent was paid on time along with dates you were there. I'd personally phone the reference to check so contact details would also be needed. Some may want to cross reference rental payments with bank statements as references are easily faked.

• Administrators Posts: 53,813 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Work reference is usually a headed letter from your HR dept. (if you have one) or your boss that just says something like "celticWario has been employed at McDonalds since 10/10/10 with the job title of Burger Dresser".

Advertisement