Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teamviewer

Options
  • 29-01-2020 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a TeamViewer equivalent? I work for an incredibly small company. There are only 3 of us. Every so often I’m on the road and use TeamViewer to connect to my work computer and the server. But unfortunately TeamViewer has reduced the connection time to 60 seconds. I can’t afford to buy it out so can anyone recommend anything to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Try logmein

EDIT: sorry I didn't know is not free anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

https://anydesk.com/en

We (IT company) use it everyday and it's rock solid. We pay for the license which is miles cheaper than Teamviewer, but the free version will work perfect for you. It doesn't kick you out like TV does.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Nolic

Thanks a million Morpork. I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If they are Windows 10 machines then click the start button and type Quick Assist. You need a Microsoft account but it's basically RDP over the internet. Built in to Windows 10 so free I guess.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Nolic wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a TeamViewer equivalent? I work for an incredibly small company. There are only 3 of us. Every so often I’m on the road and use TeamViewer to connect to my work computer and the server. But unfortunately TeamViewer has reduced the connection time to 60 seconds. I can’t afford to buy it out so can anyone recommend anything to help?

Are you saying that once connected via Team-viewer free, the connection is only good for 60 seconds and then you are kicked out?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

There's a chrome add-on that is brilliant for this..

Chrome remote desktop..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

+1 for Anydesk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

A lot these Free tools are only free for home use, if you read the license agreement you probably need to purchase a license to use in a company. Just worth mentioning in the unlikely event you where audited by them.

darconio wrote: »
    Try logmein

EDIT: sorry I didn't know is not free anymore

Hey Darconio,

You can still download a free version but they're becoming very strict on usage. They know it's being used for Business and not Personal use, hence the connection time reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

AnyDesk

Its great, over local network it does autodiscovery, so you don't need to type session IDs. It is good enough so that I can play simple card/puzzle games (exp. Pokémon Go) over the remote session.

• Advertisement

Are you saying that once connected via Team-viewer free, the connection is only good for 60 seconds and then you are kicked out?

Yes, we don't use it that often but TeamViewer have noticed that it is not being used for Personal use but for a Business (A small business but a business all the same). The connection time has reduced dramatically. It went from constant to five minutes, to 60 seconds but we're now down to 30 seconds. As a company, we can't justify the expense as we don't use it everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭niallb

Take a look at https://jumpdesktop.com/.

It's free to set up the connector software for Windows machines and you can connect remotely for free using a windows machine or purchase an excellent remote client for iOS or Android.

Jump also works as a general RDP or VNC client and supports SSH tunneling for those who might need that.

I forgot to add....I need to be able to Transfer Files from one PC to another like you can with TeamViewer. Is that possible with;

1. Anydesk
    2. Jumpdesktop
    3. Google Chrome Desktop
    4. LogMeIn
    5. Quick Assist

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

https://support.anydesk.com/File_Manager_and_File_Transfer
    AnyDesk provides Copy & Paste synced clipboard for all platforms to perform file transfer operations.

I forgot to add....I need to be able to Transfer Files from one PC to another like you can with TeamViewer. Is that possible with;

1. Anydesk
    2. Jumpdesktop
    3. Google Chrome Desktop
    4. LogMeIn
    5. Quick Assist

Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

I was hinting at the lazy post where a simple google search would have provided the answers ;)

Google search done and decision made. Thanks for all your help. I'm going with AnyDesk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

degsie wrote: »
    I was hinting at the lazy post where a simple google search would have provided the answers ;)
    Hah, misread your gesture...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Screenconnect all the way will do everything you want + a lot more.

https://www.connectwise.com/resources/trial/connectwise-control-trial

• Advertisement
Advertisement