Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine Noone is being targeted by pro life trolls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

When she 'apologised' (if you can call it that), she said

“I didn’t mean it in the sense of the actual illness or anything. I just mean he can be a bit wooden and lacking in empathy,"

So many things wrong with this statement, it's causing a lot of hurt. Also, Varadkar accepting this apology as "enough" is infuriating.

She should apologise to the autistic community as a whole, not just him. He shouldn't be able to accept that farce of an apology on their behalf!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

smurgen wrote: »
    Uh oh Bruton caught lying on the Tonight Show.

What did he say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

No, I havn't but when an equivalent gob****e nobody like Catherine Noone comes up with a horrible statement like she did, it would be an instant resignation. It would set her apart as somebody who is not loyal and a "may feiner". If I was Leo, she'd be ostrasised, big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Jade182 wrote: »
    When she 'apologised' (if you can call it that), she said

“I didn’t mean it in the sense of the actual illness or anything. I just mean he can be a bit wooden and lacking in empathy,"

So many things wrong with this statement, it's causing a lot of hurt. Also, Varadkar accepting this apology as "enough" is infuriating.

She should apologise to the autistic community as a whole, not just him. He shouldn't be able to accept that farce of an apology on their behalf!

That was after she denided she said anything and after she had to admit it after it was revealed it had been recorded.typical FG liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

statesaver wrote: »
    I think everyone would agree, bar racists, that the N word should never be used with or without intent.

Don't tell snoop dog or Jayz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭KaneToad

That was after she denided she said anything and after she had to admit it after it was revealed it had been recorded.typical FG liar.

FG don't have a monopoly on the lies...

https://www.newstalk.com/news/all-the-presidents-man-how-a-student-journalists-tape-recorder-denied-brian-lenihan-his-place-in-ras-an-uachtarin-633201

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Soooooo noonan failed an internal dry run interview before she was going to be sent to the press.tom curran one of the shadowy fg figures decided against it.looks like her goose is cooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

odyssey06 wrote: »
    She seems like a bit of a troll herself.
    Throwing a hissy fit because she didn't get All ireland tickets.
    Parking on the footpath 'cos everyone does that'.
    Calling her party leader autistic, then denying it until the journalist produced the tape.
    Classy.
    She probably should stop impersonating a lying weasel if she doesn't want to attract fire.

We really need someone of this calibre in the Dail alright.

I'm thinking it has being and will be soon again full of this calibre of folk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Soooooo noonan failed an internal dry run interview before she was going to be sent to the press.tom curran one of the shadowy fg figures decided against it.looks like her goose is cooked.

The Maria Bailey controversy experience strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

KaneToad wrote: »

No party or candidate has a monopoly on lying. They're all pretty crooked. But this thread is focusing on Catherine Noone in particular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

This iteration of FG is stacked with ars*holes - they really are the pits. It's like they did a nationwide search for arrogant creeps to put in front of the electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Quota hires gonna quota hire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Seems like a people person willing to listen to constituents concerns and worries...

noone2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Yurt! wrote: »
    Seems like a people person willing to listen to constituents concerns and worries...

noone2.jpg

Bailey, Verrona Murphy, Kate O Connell and now Noone. Great to see these women making such an impression.
    And what is their obsession with Maggie Thatcher blue dresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I think everyone would agree, bar racists, that the N word should never be used with or without intent.

She never said Nig@€r. She used the exact same words as you "the N word".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Its use in popular music is by black artists. I have never heard a white or asian artrist use the N word.

Elvis Costello uses it in Oliver's Army for what that's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Senator Noones remArks are being blown out of proportion by pro lifers who have been waiting in the long grass for her.

So how long have you been working at the Journal?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Senator Noones remArks are being blown out of proportion by pro lifers who have been waiting in the long grass for her.

no time for militant pro lifers but even less time for Noone

she's an absolute dose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

keano_afc wrote: »
    So how long have you been working at the Journal?

Or the OP might be working for the Noone PR team!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Or the OP might be working for the Noone PR team!
    More likely to be - here's a story I can start a thread with on Boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Jade182 wrote: »
    No party or candidate has a monopoly on lying. They're all pretty crooked. But this thread is focusing on Catherine Noone in particular.

I don't think she lied as such. I think that AsIAm are right when they suggest that like all of us she should educate herself on neurodiversity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

She never said Nig@€r. She used the exact same words as you "the N word".

If she said "the N word" then she didn't do anything wrong at all. It is literally a word one shouldn't use and if she wasn't dumb enough to use it then if AsIAm and Varadkar accept her apology we all should.

Teachable moment - move on!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

If she said "the N word" then she didn't do anything wrong at all. It is literally a word one shouldn't use and if she wasn't dumb enough to use it then if AsIAm and Varadkar accept her apology we all should.

Teachable moment - move on!

Move on autistic community of Ireland! Suck it up now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Edgware wrote: »
    Bailey, Verrona Murphy, Kate O Connell and now Noone. Great to see these women making such an impression.
    And what is their obsession with Maggie Thatcher blue dresses

It's Fine Gael blue maybe. The colour used on those old rosettes etc. FF would have a green one. No longer the blueshirts but the blueskirts!

splinter65 wrote: »
    You’re not getting it at all. The fact that she’s pro choice gives her a free pass to insult anyone she wants. The autistic community of Ireland just need to suck it up.

haven't a clue what you're shyteing on about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Why didn't she just say that Leo had the personality of a plank of timber and there would be no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

lawred2 wrote: »
    haven't a clue what you're shyteing on about

I’m just being a bit sarcastic. It’s implied on this thread that the Senator is beyond question never mind reproach because she was a big player in repealing the 8th amendment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Bit of comic relief and eye candy who is actually effective . If people MUST vote FG she's better than most.

Eh, what :eek:?

As for being better than most, she's an absolute car crash with a litany of gaffes under her belt.

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m just being a bit sarcastic. It’s implied on this thread that the Senator is beyond question never mind reproach because she was a big player in repealing the 8th amendment.

Was it really implied that way or was that your own interpretation?

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    Eh, what :eek:?

As for being better than most, she's an absolute car crash with a litany of gaffes under her belt.

OP definitely a campaigner for Noone. Can't see how anyone could consider her better than anyone never mind 'most'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement