Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catherine Noone is being targeted by pro life trolls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,716 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

splinter65 wrote: »
    I’m just being a bit sarcastic. It’s implied on this thread that the Senator is beyond question never mind reproach because she was a big player in repealing the 8th amendment.

The way some people are talking, and they'd call themselves progressive, it's like they want her to have the modern day equivalent of "benefit of clergy".
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benefit_of_clergy

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

lawred2 wrote: »
    OP definitely a campaigner for Noone. Can't see how anyone could consider her better than anyone never mind 'most'

Laughably Pro Noone. The joker literally lied about having said it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

lawred2 wrote: »
    Was it really implied that way or was that your own interpretation?

All you have to do is read the op and all her subsequent posts on this thread, including an exhortation on this page for all to “move on!”. It’s pretty clear, couldn’t be any clearer really.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

All you have to do is read the op and all her subsequent posts on this thread, including an exhortation on this page for all to “move on!”. It’s pretty clear, couldn’t be any clearer really.

still don't see where you join the dots so as to put such support all down to Noone being pro-choice... I don't see how that's 'clear' at all.

but whatever..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

She was an idiot to say what she said about Leo and being on the spectrum and I cant see the motivation for it.

I would be very close to the issues with Autism through someone close but I am more offended by her and her party who thinks its okay to let children who are on the spectrum and have hearing issues being told that they will have at least 6 months to wait for a test even though they cannot hear their teachers and are having a tough job trying to keep up as it is.All this while waiting years for other tests for his condition.

Try and do a test privately which there are not a lot out there who test children then you are abandoned by the HSE with great haste and relief to get rid of you and your problem child because you paid for the test.

That's what I'm offended by.

• Advertisement

Good question. Something about Varadkar finding it hard to express emotion but actually being very sympathetic?

So, based on the above, you don't know what she said at all? Why, then, do you feel it is being blown out of all proportion? Why, also, do you feel it is the pro-lifers who are doing all this blowing?
    Jade182 wrote: »
    Also, Varadkar accepting this apology as "enough" is infuriating.

In fairness to Leo, he accepted Paddy H's mealy-mouthed non-apology as well, it's the perfect way of distancing himself from anything to do with both of them.

Anyway, on to Ms Noone:
    She griped about not getting All-Ireland tickets, then went to the papers to say as much, while claiming that's not what she was doing at all (once)
    She claimed Megan Markle told her she supported her work in the repeal the 8th campaign, before deleting that comment (presumably after intervention from somebody higher) (twice)
    She parked her van on the footpath beside where people with mobility issues regularly have to travel, then told twitter "Everyone does it, get a grip", before deleting that and claiming she was unaware that it was parked on the path in the first place (three times a lady liar)
    She also campaigned for increased benefits for members of the Seanad vs TDs while she was.......you've guessed it, a member of the Seanad.........I mean, literally trying to feather her own nest

Then, in the current fiasco, she:
    openly criticised the leader of her party IN THE IMMEDIATE RUN UP TO AN ELECTION
    said he has an 'illness', which reflects poorly on both him and those with autism
    denied ever saying it in the first place (4 times)
    backtracked and said "oh, well I didn't mean it like that....." when given proof she did say it
    equated saying it with innocent usage of harmless words.....such as......oh, I don't know, probably the single most harmful word in modern society?

In summary:
    1 - she is a proven liar
    2 - she is insensitive to the feelings of the public at large
    3 - she hasn't the cop on to stop digging when in a hole
    4 - she hasn't the cop on to not throw digs at her boss during the most inappropriate time possible
    5 - has proven that she is in it to maximise her own profits and stature on more than one occasion

I mean, if you came up with a hypothetical list of reasons to NOT vote for someone, you'd be hard pressed to come up with anything better.

I'd say Bruton is going absolutely bananas behind the scenes that she's his running partner. It could well have an impact on his seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yurt! wrote: »
    This iteration of FG is stacked with ars*holes - they really are the pits. It's like they did a nationwide search for arrogant creeps to put in front of the electorate.

It really has been a mess of a campaign for FG, between this and the Black and Tans stuff they just cant seem to keep their noses clean right in the middle of an election.
    gmisk wrote: »
    You haven't looked at any of Boris Johnson's quotes have you?

Boris is a special case, what other politician could pull off slamming a child to the ground playing rugby and the public finding it endearing.

Anyway does anyone have a link to where pro lifers are trolling Noone, did a scan through her twitter but couldnt see anything specifically pro life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

From Bailey to Noone, Mulherrin etc Fine Gael have a clatter of 35-50 year old females who are entitled, liars, unintelligent and superficial.

Noone is not allowed explain herself on tv or radio (dig any deeper basically). We all saw what happened when Bailey explained herself. Lisa Chambers in FF's button pushing is no better.

These women are letting down their gender. I mightn't have agreed with some of their policies but we need women of substance like Mary Harney, Gemma Hussey and more recently Lucinda Creighton.

I think a lot of these ladies are getting elected as they are generally attractive to look at. Bailey, Kate O'Connell, Noone, Mulherrin etc. Now of course some males get elected for the same reason.

However, for some reason FG have a rump of desparately poor quality young female TDs.

• Advertisement

What possessed her to come with this stuff,has she a history with Leo or why would she even go there from someone who is supposed to be educated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Naggdefy wrote: »
    From Bailey to Noone, Mulherrin etc Fine Gael have a clatter of 35-50 year old females who are entitled, liars, unintelligent and superficial.

Noone is not allowed explain herself on tv or radio (dig any deeper basically). We all saw what happened when Bailey explained herself. Lisa Chambers in FF's button pushing is no better.

These women are letting down their gender. I mightn't have agreed with some of their policies but we need women of substance like Mary Harney, Gemma Hussey and more recently Lucinda Creighton.

I think a lot of these ladies are getting elected as they are generally attractive to look at. Bailey, Kate O'Connell, Noone, Mulherrin etc. Now of course some males get elected for the same reason.

However, for some reason FG have a rump of desparately poor quality young female TDs.

Are any of the women you've identified worse than Charlie McConalogue or Frank O'Rourke? Of course I get it, you hate women and can't stand the idea that a vibrant, sexy woman would be the TD for Dublin bay north.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,716 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Are any of the women you've identified worse than Charlie McConalogue or Frank O'Rourke? Of course I get it, you hate women and can't stand the idea that a vibrant, sexy woman would be the TD for Dublin bay north.

Looks like you'll have to vote for Deirdre Heney though as Noone is toast as far as the bookies are concerned in DB North.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

Naggdefy wrote: »

Agreed. Don't forget Bailey. A lot of middle class females in FG seem to have this "I'm worth it" attitude.

tipptom wrote: »
    What possessed her to come with this stuff,has she a history with Leo or why would she even go there from someone who is supposed to be educated?

I wouldnt mind but she is a solicitor too, a profession built on discretion and confidentiality. Her blabbing to constituents and a journalist that Leo is autistic wouldnt inspire confidence to her legal clients. Loose lips sink ships and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Move on autistic community of Ireland! Suck it up now!

Autistic people are part of the same community as everyone else. Why are you singling them out?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Not a hope of her being elected. Even with 2 of the incumbents not running. Bruton, Haughey and MItchell are shoe-ins. Aodhán Ó Ríordáin will most likely get the 4th seat. The bookies have david healy as favourite for the last seat but i'm not so sure about that. John Lyons is the one i would put money on for the last seat. I reckon he will get votes from people who would have voted for McGrath or Broughan.

Don't be trolling. I've mentioned a lot of competent and good looking women.

Now you're trying to rally all women under a faux feminist banner. Your opening post is complete trolling. Most of your posts are.

You tried to link pro life to Noone to get brownie points. Now trying the feminist angle. Plenty of sexy, competent young females, Claire Byrne, Sarah McInerney, journalist to name but a few.

Come on, surely to god you're not serious? On what planet is that even remotely accurate! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I finally understand the hyperbolic reactions. Catherine Noone has a certain energy ; a certain profoundly sexual energy that alot of men who aren't sexually confident find scary.

• Advertisement

I finally understand the hyperbolic reactions. Catherine Noone has a certain energy ; a certain profoundly sexual energy that alot of men who aren't sexually confident find scary.

:pac::pac: A certain energy, indeed. Can't speak for others, but I prefer actual intelligence rather than misplaced arrogance along with out and out stupidity. That and genuine good looks.

At least we know you were just taking the p1ss now.

givyjoe wrote: »
    :pac::pac: A certain energy, indeed. Can't speak for others, but I prefer actual intelligence rather than misplaced arrogance along with out and out stupidity. That and genuine good looks.

At least we know you were just taking the p1ss now.

Catherine No one is in our midst I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭THE_SHEEP

Blaze420 wrote: »
    The pro lifers who couldn’t give a **** what viability or condition an unborn child has as long as it gets born? They can ****ing do one.

Or, should that read " the pro lifers who did give a f*** about the viability of an unborn child , but didn't want abortion on demand " .

But , who cares . All history now .

That's the problem, you see . SHEEP having votes !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ooooh Matron, do tell me what to do!

Gwan Catherine, I'm up for it!

THE_SHEEP wrote: »
    Or, should that read " the pro lifers who did give a f*** about the viability of an unborn child , but didn't want abortion on demand " .

But , who cares . All history now .

That's the problem, you see . SHEEP having votes !!

I wouldn't go back to the abortion referendum. Decent people held strong views on both sides. The OP wants us to go there because Noone was on the majority side. In a sneaky underhand way she's trying to gain her a free pass on all sorts of unacceptable behaviour because she was prochoice.

I'm sure there are individuals who are child abusers and murders who are both pro life and pro choice. One's stance is not a judge of character. A complete red herring here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

This is the most hilariously dumb diversionary tactic I’ve seen in a while. Got to love FG.

What’s the next one going to be? White, middle-aged male Neo-nazis hate FG’s carbon tax policy. North Korea heartily approves of FF’s rural housing plan.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Ooh gawd the cringe

Do you have some links to the trolling of Noone by pro lifers contained in your OP

• Advertisement

The intellect of the OP, and incoherent argument and 'logic', are very similar to that of Maria Bailey and Catherine Noone.

The OP states to be a Marie Holm fan in her username. Imagine idolising this individual, a professional waffler..

'Marie Holm: Associate Professor
    @ExceliaGroupLR
    Corporate Mindfulness & Spirituality within Critical Management Studies | Spiritualist Minister, Medium & Holistic Healer'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement