Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deal breakers and turn-off's in dating!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Three course meal would be a terrible first date. Too long.

All you'd get with me is a hot dog Kate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

All you'd get with me is a hot dog Kate.

How long would that hot dog be?

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Flaccid length depends on environmental conditions. Errect length would make Kathleen shiver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's what she said :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Three course meal would be a terrible first date. Too long.

Of course and then it kind of hints at, you know, a bit of a need if you get my drift.

Flaccid length depends on environmental conditions. Errect length would make Kathleen shiver.

Kathleen has an admirer clearly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Kathleen has an admirer clearly :)

And obviously :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

And why wouldn't Kathleen have an admirer or several. I am sexy and good fun. At least in my head I am.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Touch of class there Snoop. Numerous contributors are in relationships! ODB is married. And yet again, more about the women's reactions than the behaviour they're reacting to.

twas a lighthearted comment, the kind of discourse that dies on the vine when people decide as and when suits them when things get super serious.

imo this is not a super serious thread and the swing in this thread towards trying to make it a super serious thread because a few cranks are trying to argue a not super serious case that unsolicited dick pics are acceptable is not a swing to take super seriously imo.

im not sure, with particular reference to your last line, that my observation merited the "zomg policing women's reaction" treatment. but you will of course correctly call out breaches of internet correctness as you see fit, and power to your arm in doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

twas a lighthearted comment, the kind of discourse that dies on the vine when people decide as and when suits them when things get super serious.

imo this is not a super serious thread and the swing in this thread towards trying to make it a super serious thread because a few cranks are trying to argue a not super serious case that unsolicited dick pics are acceptable is not a swing to take super seriously imo.

im not sure, with particular reference to your last line, that my observation merited the "zomg policing women's reaction" treatment. but you will of course correctly call out breaches of internet correctness as you see fit, and power to your arm in doing so.

Wouldn't worry about it! I thought it was a light hearted thread too and no doubt most knew you were kidding.

It's the internet, one person's joke is the next person's insensitive comment.
    It was probably just the wonder why yis are still dating bit that did the damage I'd imagine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭chrissb8

I’d have considered that suspect myself. The “other” side were awful to listen to.

Should have had your mind made up very, very, early in that campaign.

Love it. A person exercising a medium approach to a sensitive topic which regardless of which side is right or wrong, or who said what is still a grey area in which many have to make their mind up.

I voted yes btw in case you are wondering at all, with no thought to it either as I had made my mind up on it a long time ago.

But no, no let's compartmentalise complex issues into 140 characters and appoint militant outlooks of BAD/GOOD. The smack of American liberalism off that is painful. Objective, cogent thinking should always be allowed, especially on such a tender issue.

Grow up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Agreed. But 100+ for such an engagement is unnecessary in my view. By all means, yes, if you really want to treat someone to an experience. But if so, you can't really complain that they didn't contribute.

Sorry, I missed this. Yes, it should be cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

15a1bf555dcda88422e66a6ff664dbcc.png&quality=70&width=720

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

And why wouldn't Kathleen have an admirer or several. I am sexy and good fun. At least in my head I am.

I'd like to go on record as one of your admirers!

Moot point given our orientations and relationship statuses but yeah, Kathleen is a hot ticket as far as I'm concerned :pac: Always love seeing your name pop up in a thread I bet you're good auld craic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I'd like to go on record as one of your admirers!

Moot point given our orientations and relationship statuses but yeah, Kathleen is a hot ticket as far as I'm concerned :pac: Always love seeing your name pop up in a thread I bet you're good auld craic

Thank you. Yep I am right craic, at least i hope i am. As for relationship status, I am single.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Another dealbreaker; can't flirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

I often see alot of whiny guys moaning about the cost of the first date etc. grow a pair man! I always pay for the first date and with my last girlfriend I often put my hand in my pocket times we were out or had drinks, sometimes when she would offer to split or pay I would say ok dessert is on you. She organised hotels for little getaways sometimes and I would pay sometimes also. Don't be a total sugardaddy paying for everything but also don't be a total stingebag either.

I also bought her a goddamned expensive smartphone for her Birthday after a few months dating. Dating costs money accept that, she was a very sweet and attractive lady so worth a gift. The things I do when I fall in love lol.

The top-tier women follow money quite often than not and whilst its not always the case it happens alot. Your mileage may vary obviously but women like to be treated well and I'm not afraid to do that depending on the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

I think if someone put their phone on the table and kept looking at it I'd dock them some serious brownie points, if the made a call or started texting in front of me I'd probably leave.

Another dealbreaker; can't flirt.

That's surely a bonus when you're happily married and she's not charming the junior intern with her honey toned words :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Thank you. Yep I am right craic, at least i hope i am. As for relationship status, I am single.

Yeah but I'm not and you're straight, so I'll catch you in another life :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

15a1bf555dcda88422e66a6ff664dbcc.png&quality=70&width=720

Jesus, I thought she was shifting a snake there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

theguzman wrote: »
    I often see alot of whiny guys moaning about the cost of the first date etc. grow a pair man! I always pay for the first date and with my last girlfriend I often put my hand in my pocket times we were out or had drinks, sometimes when she would offer to split or pay I would say ok dessert is on you. She organised hotels for little getaways sometimes and I would pay sometimes also. Don't be a total sugardaddy paying for everything but also don't be a total stingebag either.

I also bought her a goddamned expensive smartphone for her Birthday after a few months dating. Dating costs money accept that, she was a very sweet and attractive lady so worth a gift. The things I do when I fall in love lol.

The top-tier women follow money quite often than not and whilst its not always the case it happens alot. Your mileage may vary obviously but women like to be treated well and I'm not afraid to do that depending on the girl.

Yeah man grow a pair and pay for sex! Smartphone sponsored sex! Want a 'top tier woman'? Well you better march down to Carphone Warehouse and get on the top tier tariff! That's how you show her you're a real man who has a pair! A top tier pair! Mileage may vary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Doesn't want kids.

Unhealthy or isn't into health and fitness.

Not a gentleman.

Rude to my family.

No sense of humor.
    Unkind person in general or doesn't consider people's feelings.

Isn't passionate about life.

Not at all spiritual or at the other end of the spectrum uses spirituality as an escape.

They need to be able to see reality ....but at the same time rise above it.

Also he has to support me and my dreams and understand i need to make sacrifices and still love me. And he needs to be kind to me and turn up at all my stuff cheering.

He also needs to be protective.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Dave147 wrote: »
    Good luck!

Yeah my standards are high. I should settle for a guy who is rude to my family ..out of shape ..depressed about life ..is rude to everyone..wants me to stay at home and look after him and the kids he doesn't want. :pac:

He also needs to live in a dream world ...while getting irritated and bogged down by every little thing in the real world that goes wrong.
    And he needs to be either an aggressive atheist or someone who meditates seven hrs a day and goes half way around the world to have rituals performed on him by locals who think he is nuts but a paying tourist is a paying tourist.

Sounds like Mr RIGHT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Yeah my standards are high. I should settle for a guy who is rude to my family ..out of shape ..depressed about life ..is rude to everyone..wants me to stay at home and look after him and the kids he doesn't want. :pac:

He also needs to live in a dream world ...while getting irritated and bogged down by every little thing in the real world that goes wrong.
    And he needs to be either an aggressive atheist or someone who meditates seven hrs a day and goes half way around the world to have rituals performed on him by locals who think he is nuts but a paying tourist is a paying tourist.

Sounds like Mr RIGHT!

You got all of that from the words "good luck" ?? :pac:

Kind of impressive imagination you have there Ms. Vibes... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

You got all of that from the words "good luck" ?? :pac:

Kind of impressive imagination you have there Ms. Vibes... :p
    OOOPS SORRY

I have been online so long i never considered it wasn't sarcastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Sounds like Mr RIGHT!

It's a psychologist or a therapist you need not Mr Right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

If he's a Cork man I may well know him.

My Beatles obsessed friend carries on exactly like that.

He's from Dublin...but do you mean you've a friend who sends girls Beatles related dick pics?!
    And here I was thinking I was the only one...special .. dreams shattered!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,972 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Was out for dinner with 2 of my house mates last night and we had a conversation about dating experiences. One of them told a story about how she met a guy at a Halloween party and he was dressed as Alex from A Clockwork Orange. She didn't know the movie.

He asked her out and on their first date, he told her wondered what it would be like to kill someone. She thought that was weird, but still didn't see the red flags everywhere. She told her housemate, who did know of the movie, and freaked out. She wanted here to call the police but the girl telling the story didn't do that.

She did cut ties with him (by blocking his number) immediately but also felt nervous for a couple of months that she was going to run in to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

When she has a penis. Big turn off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Sounds like Mr RIGHT!

I thought you were a lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Rufeo wrote: »

Nah that's only one of her personalities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Snails pace

Probably has a big list of deal breakers for that too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rufeo wrote: »
    Nah that's only one of her personalities
    Probably has a big list of deal breakers for that too

All of these sly digs are also deal breakers.

There is no need for them. Cut it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Pouting in photos !!! Do one !!!!

This a hundred percent. Also the “I’m a little tea pot” pose.
    There is people that will look back on the photos of that life and will be identical in every photo

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Go Home Paddy Cat!!

Instgram-selfie fiends.My biggest turn off.
    Someone who doesnt offer to pay for something every now and again.
    Over confident.
    Someone who bites their nails. It's disgusting.
    Yellow teeth.
    Has kids.

Theyre my 6 :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Instgram-selfie fiends.My biggest turn off.
    Someone who doesnt offer to pay for something every now and again.
    Over confident.
    Someone who bites their nails. It's disgusting.
    Yellow teeth.
    Has kids.

Theyre my 6 :)

You've 6 kids, you're fairly busy so.

Hard to juggle a relationship with 6 kids, but I suppose if you put in the time for 6 kids, I say fair play for the dedication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Women that use too much perfume, not a fan of aftershave or perfume in general but sweet jebus ladies, use some common sense!

Last date I was on I felt like I had hay-fever sitting next to her for an hour, my sinus was dead haha!

Poor hygiene, a lack of interest the world outside their sphere, pedantry, anyone who loses their temper or raises their voice in anything but the rarest and most extreme circumstances. Negative people who never see the good in things or people first, only the bad things - very draining. People who have difficulty with being happy or content.

Also, a suspicious or jealous/possessive nature. It makes life miserable for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not making the tea in the morning.

• Advertisement

Not making the tea in the morning.

Or breaking the toast with the butter.

Toast crumbs defiling the butter dish. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Candie wrote: »

I did that half an hour ago. Serves her right for making me make the tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Putting a wet spoon in the sugar! :mad:

Hanging the toilet paper in the incorrect fashion (outwards).

Putting a wet spoon in the sugar! :mad:

Hanging the toilet paper in the incorrect fashion (outwards).

You have me on the wet spoon, you lost me on the outwards.

Now we can never be lovers. :(

Not warming up my bowers and Wilkinson speakers before they turn the volume up...

Or leaving the axe outside in the wrong corner after they chop some blocks.

That's definitely a turn off, it's a world of equality so women can chop wood too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Well risking the toilet paper being unravelled all over the place rather than kept on a tight leash? Sorry C, you're too much of a loose canon.

I always liked to live on the edge, to be fair.

If I'm in someones house and it's the wrong way (your way) round, I put it right for them. They don't even have to ask. I'm sure they really, really appreciate being shown the error of their ways. :)

A butter dish...

What century are you posting from?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We can never be lovers now :(

Advertisement