Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deal breakers and turn-off's in dating!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

your mother won't like you posting this story :D:D:D

but in answer to your question , yep i have

won't go near that region now unless shaved or waxed and just out of the shower

do you apply this standard to yourself? A lot of talk about women having to be hairless but not too many men waxing the sack & crack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

optogirl wrote: »
    do you apply this standard to yourself? A lot of talk about women having to be hairless but not too many men waxing the sack & crack

Would that be the preference?

I'd be afraid it would look like "the last chicken in Sainsbury's", as Billy Connolly used to say. A good trim down is certainly in order these days it seems, which is perfectly fair when the norm for women is between a complete Right Said Fred and a Trump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Would that be the preference?

I'd be afraid it would look like "the last chicken in Sainsbury's", as Billy Connolly used to say. A good trim down is certainly in order these days it seems, which is perfectly fair when the norm for women is between a complete Right Said Fred and a Trump.

Would only ever recommend a “trim” to be honest, D. Heard too many horror stories involving “wet shaving” the hole.

As for the bag, I find the “tread” to be too deep to ever risk running a blade over it, waxing seems like a stretching nightmare and, I’m sure by now, we’ve all read the reviews of the hair “removal” creams.

Best to use an electric “clippers” coupled with, both, a scissors and a steady hand.

A liberal application of “talc” is essential once you’re done.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

What's a Trump in this context? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

your mother won't like you posting this story :D:D:D

but in answer to your question , yep i have

won't go near that region now unless shaved or waxed and just out of the shower

The lack of shaving or waxing wouldn't bother me if it was kept trimmed but the box wash stuff should be used regularly.

Would only ever recommend a “trim” to be honest, D. Heard too many horror stories involving “wet shaving” the hole.

As for the bag, I find the “tread” to be too deep to ever risk running a blade over it, waxing seems like a stretching nightmare and, I’m sure by now, we’ve all read the reviews of the hair “removal” creams.

Best to use an electric “clippers” coupled with, both, a scissors and a steady hand.

it's all a nightmare. FFS, why are we giving ourselves this burden. I resent it!

A wee bit of hair, the illusion of hair almost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A comb over? :D

I'd be a believer in minimal to no pubic hair. When you consider a warm, dark, moist place sandwiched between 2 waste disposal units is a fertile breeding ground for bacteria, and the abundance of sweat glands that produce sweat that contains oil in the area, it makes the area more appealing. Obviously, a thorough wash of the general area is required daily and after "receiving a visitor".

For men I'd recommend a fairly short cut from an electric shaver/trimmer.

No one wants to find themselves idly twirling curls around their finger in a post-orgasmic delirium.

A comb over? :D

I'd be a believer in minimal to no pubic hair. When you consider a warm, dark, moist place sandwiched between 2 waste disposal units is a fertile breeding ground for bacteria, and the abundance of sweat glands that produce sweat that contains oil in the area, it makes the area more appealing. Obviously, a thorough wash of the general area is required daily and after "receiving a visitor".

No one wants to find themselves idly twirling curls around their finger in a post-orgasmic delirium.

But you're better off having pubic hair if you want to avoid infection

'it is not necessary to cut pubic hair. ... Pubic hair offer protection to your genitalia from infection and any friction. It is more hygienic not to remove pubic hair as women will end up getting cuts or ingrown hairs and will also develop hyperpigmentation and inflammation of the hair follicles.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You'd be surprised how well the purse shaves smooth despite the "tread".
    I'd never go back to a hairy bag.
    Just a regular twin blade and a bit of soap in the shower.
    Lovely:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

yep

im bald as a coot down there

'it is not necessary to cut pubic hair. ... Pubic hair offer protection to your genitalia from infection and any friction. It is more hygienic not to remove pubic hair as women will end up getting cuts or ingrown hairs and will also develop hyperpigmentation and inflammation of the hair follicles.'

I'll take my chances. I was once told that I looked "as if I had been cut by God's golden axe" so I like to display it in its full glory.

The increased friction also allows increased sensation and I don't get ingrowing hairs.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din.

I’m no fan of the long “cellar spider leg” hairs on the old “nut purse” either. I’d get them with the trimmer, really wouldn’t have the nerve to go at it with a Bic razor.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I'll take my chances. I was once told that I looked "as if I had been cut by God's golden axe" so I like to display it in its full glory.

The increased friction also allows increased sensation and I don't get ingrowing hairs.

I got stubble “rash” off one like that before.

The poise and stride of Apollo?

I’m no fan of the long “cellar spider leg” hairs on the old “nut purse” either. I’d get them with the trimmer, really wouldn’t have the nerve to go at it with a Bic razor.

I'm with you there, Emmet. Would be afraid I'd end up with a ball dangling out of a freshly shaven hole. I've done the scissors trim alright and apparently it looks great to the female eye. The electric trimmer seems to be the job though, might give it a try in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

I'm with you there, Emmet. Would be afraid I'd end up with a ball dangling out of a freshly shaven hole. I've done the scissors trim alright and apparently it looks great to the female eye. The electric trimmer seems to be the job though, might give it a try in the future.

Nothing worse than fartle berries :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

A wee bit of hair, the illusion of hair almost.

Oh thank God, I was thinking comb over, or like a really long wavy bit at the front

I'm #teampubes, despite that mental image :pac:

The poise and stride of Apollo?

That's brought me back! But no, it wasn't Patrick Kavanagh. Poetic nonetheless.

• Advertisement

I've done the scissors trim alright and apparently it looks great to the female eye. The electric trimmer seems to be the job though, might give it a try in the future.

They come with their own risks. A “nick” from the trimmer will hurt but won’t do as much damage as a sac cut from the scissors.

The trimmer is great for getting the hair “level” right down, the scissors is better for the rest.

I’d like to tell you that chicks “dig” the look but really I think they’re just thankful they won’t be pulling those, nasty, long ball pubes out of their teeth.

Oh thank God, I was thinking comb over, or like a really long wavy bit at the front

I'm #teampubes, despite that mental image :pac:

Long, wavy bit at the front would be a Misfits.
    superthumb.jpg?t=1309210448

They come with their own risks. A “nick” from the trimmer will hurt but won’t do as much damage as a sac cut from the scissors.

The trimmer is great for getting the hair “level” right down, the scissors is better for the rest.

I’d like to tell you that chicks “dig” the look but really I think they’re just thankful they won’t be pulling those, nasty, long ball pubes out of their teeth.

Fine advice. Really, there should be a thread about the pros and cons of downstairs grooming. A bit like the etiquette thread but with a more palatable subject.

I'd agree its more about the logistics of dealing with the hair than the look. That region was never built to win image awards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

yep

im bald as a coot down there

You ladies should make sure you get your manicures and facials too... why keep up the pretence? Must get exhausting! :p

If any woman ever suggested I needed trimming downstairs, she'd be politely told where to go!

I'm a man.. men are hairy. If you don't like it, go shack up with one of these skinny jeans wearing gentlemen above. I guess when you've got their b*lls in jar, they'll look nice and clean on the mantelpiece! :pac:

In fact, I'm putting this down as a deal breaker... I reserve the right to be hairy! :D

I've nicked myself with a trimmer, never a razor.
    I'm more scared of the trimmer for that reason.

Bic? Geroutofda. Lidl's finest for my sack.

You ladies should make sure you get your manicures and facials too... why keep up the pretence? Must get exhausting! :p

If any woman ever suggested I needed trimming downstairs, she'd be politely told where to go!

I'm a man.. men are hairy. If you don't like it, go shack up with one of these skinny jeans wearing gentlemen above. I guess when you've got their b*lls in jar, they'll look nice and clean on the mantelpiece! :pac:

In fact, I'm putting this down as a deal breaker... I reserve the right to be hairy! :D

Idea came from me, not the Mrs.
    Having said that, she loves the smooth sack.

Dont fret, I still have pubes, just not on the jewel purse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Ungroomed bodyhair would be a dealbreaker for me, just not a fan of it on myself or on a man.
    Once he's neatly trimmed its all good, wouldn't be expecting him to get waxed or anything.
    I wouldn't be overly attracted to someone with a lot of chest/back hair either.

I also think I must be the only woman on earth who doesn't like beards. I know they're super fashionable right now (and a lot of men look great with them) but anything beyond a bit of stubble would be too much for me. I can recognise that they look handsome on some men but I still wouldn't be attracted to them.
    This really narrows down my potential dating options when every second lad these days is sporting the Conor McGregor look :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Have you seen that film 'Teeth' ? It makes even me who is without a penis shudder.

I haven't.. Pray tell :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Ungroomed bodyhair would be a dealbreaker for me, just not a fan of it on myself or on a man.
    Once he's neatly trimmed its all good, wouldn't be expecting him to get waxed or anything.
    I wouldn't be overly attracted to someone with a lot of chest/back hair either.

I also think I must be the only woman on earth who doesn't like beards. I know they're super fashionable right now (and a lot of men look great with them) but anything beyond a bit of stubble would be too much for me. I can recognise that they look handsome on some men but I still wouldn't be attracted to them.
    This really narrows down my potential dating options when every second lad these days is sporting the Conor McGregor look :pac:

Susie, I'm with you re beards!

To thine own self be true

I'm a man.. men are hairy. If you don't like it, go shack up with one of these skinny jeans wearing gentlemen above.

Once you have them a few years, you won't be so attached to them. :pac:

Have you seen that film 'Teeth' ? It makes even me who is without a penis shudder.

I’ve never watched it, P. But I am aware of the “premise”.

Worth a watch?

• Advertisement

I’ve never watched it, P. But I am aware of the “premise”.

Worth a watch?

Is this the internal teeth that all women have but rarely use?

Is this the internal teeth that all women have but rarely use?

Vagina dentata is, what I believe, the “infliction” is called. But I think it’s based on an urban myth.

Although, your body can “grow” things like teeth, hair or, even, an eyeball in places they have no place being. Maybe that’s where it originated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,487 ✭✭✭✭Alun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teeth_(2007_film)

I wish I hadn't Google'd that now :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Vagina dentata is, what I believe, the “infliction” is called. But I think it’s based on an urban myth.

Although, your body can “grow” things like teeth, hair or, even, an eyeball in places they have no place being. Maybe that’s where it originated?

The huck is that. Where might these eyeballs materialise from?

Bobblehats wrote: »
    The huck is that. Where might these eyeballs materialise from?

I believe they can “grow” in certain tumours. I am, of course, open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

I believe they can “grow” in certain tumours. I am, of course, open to correction.

The G-Virus

I AM a lady!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

All I’m finding is the other way around! And some concoction from resident evil

But I think it’s based on an urban myth.

No myth.
    ALL women have them.
    Be careful out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

This thread is about as sexy as a trembling anus surrounded by one-off, curly, coarse black hairs, which is releasing watery brown chite centimetres from your face in preparation for a full 15cm circumference compacted piece of compost which you must eat at gunpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

This thread is about as sexy as a trembling anus surrounded by one-off, curly, coarse black hairs, which is releasing watery brown chite centimetres from your face in preparation for a full 15cm circumference compacted piece of compost which you must eat at gunpoint.

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Mother of God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thread has put me right off dating.
    The wife will be delighted when I tell her.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭creditcarder

Before or after breakfast roll.

Even dating me??

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Even dating me??

:pac:

Especially you Madam!

Especially you Madam!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Despite all that, I don't like having a hairy box.

I am amused by the thought of the combover fanny described earlier though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Mam, this thread grew a life of it's own.

Advertisement