Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lehenaghmore

Options
  • 29-01-2020 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi all. Just looking at a house in lehenaghmore and I’m just wondering what the area is like? The house is situated in Matthew hill area. I’d be hoping it’s a quiet enough area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

Quiet until a plane files over. Other than that, never heard anything bad about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Good friend of ours lives there. Never heard her mention any problems. Regarding the airport, it depends on where exactly in Matthew Hill you’re talking about. The closest you’d be to the extended centreline of the runway is about 600 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Friend of mine lives in one of the estates there and really likes it. Said you stop hearing the planes after a while. Handy location.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

Would be in the coolkellure estate, built in the last couple of years, just longside Matthew hill. Took a spin up there earlier tonight and it seemed extremely quiet which would be a plus for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I know two people living up there, both like it.
    They also said the planes can be annoying at the beginning but you do get used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Would be in the coolkellure estate, built in the last couple of years, just longside Matthew hill. Took a spin up there earlier tonight and it seemed extremely quiet which would be a plus for me.

You're far enough away from the flight path there. It won't cause you any problems. It's all very new up there and quite snazzy. I doubt you'll have any problems. And the bus goes up there now too which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

I work in the area and traffic can be horrible. Depending on where you work yourself and the times you travel at, it could be a pain. Even around lunchtime it could take 10 minutes to get from Matthew Hill to Tramore Rd.

hundreds of houses crammed in, the newer estates have a ridiculous low amount of adequate green space. what i think about when looking for a house from experience is

- How many young families are in the area. In lehenaghmore there is probably 90%, jump ahead 10 years when they are all teenagers.
    - Parking situation. Most houses there have room for 2 cars and there is limited guest parking. What happens when the kids start getting cars. Plenty of neighbours fall out over parking issues.
    - what facilities are there. I looked at a house with Deane 5 years ago, he was showing me where the shop and creche will be. they are still not there.
    - Infrastructure. Oldest housing estates there were built 15-16 years back. Still no footpaths. There is plans now to put a roundabout and footpaths linking to the opposite side going down to togher cross. Maybe they might be built now its in the city boundaries. There is another massive estate going in on the lehenghmore side, its on the city plans for the area, not sure if its released officially yet. For infor, matthew hill is lehenaghbeg side.

All in all, the houses are nice, area is nice. I would be skeptical would it turn into another Grange from the noughties with massive teenage gangs bored out of their heads causing trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

If you work in mornings and need to drive, be prepared for waiting 20/25 minutes every day just to get from Lehenaghmore to the end of the bridge on Tramore Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

A lovely part of Togher but just remember to duck your head when you hear a plane coming.

• Advertisement
Advertisement