Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent Increase in Rent Pressure Zone

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

SomeDude wrote: »
    I clarified the point earlier on a ‘good tenant’, which I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on since you appear so taken by my comments.

‘By all means ask that the landlord gives you money’ is interesting wording. It’s very simple. There are currently very similar properties nearby available for less. I’d prefer not to move. But I’ll happily do so if I’m getting better value elsewhere.

Off with you so. Hard to believe that you can get a similar property for less when you are well under the market rate. I think there is porkies
    in this tale. Perhaps I missed your replies on where you are located i.e. town/ city also and what the actual level is at and what it will go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,390 ✭✭✭✭noodler

When you ask these questions in a forum dominated by Landlords OP, this is the response you can expect.

Hopefully the gouging will be remembered if we ever settle back to normality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

noodler wrote: »
    When you ask these questions in a forum dominated by Landlords OP, this is the response you can expect.

Hopefully the gouging will be remembered if we ever settle back to normality.

Strange post. The op has been informed that the proposed rent increase is in line with RTA rules and the implications for the LL if rent is not increased to the max.

How is raising rent by the legally permitted amount gouging? The ops LL didn’t raise rent for over 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭SomeDude

Off with you so. Hard to believe that you can get a similar property for less when you are well under the market rate. I think there is porkies
    in this tale. Perhaps I missed your replies on where you are located i.e. town/ city also and what the actual level is at and what it will go to.

Accusing me of lying. Nice. Thanks for wasting your time and effort reading and replying to my posts so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Accusing me of lying. Nice. Thanks for wasting your time and effort reading and replying to my posts so.

I think what was meant was, areas tend to be designated RPZs due to lack of availability and escalating prices, it would be atypical to have a RPZ where there is lots of properties available at lower than market rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

I clarified the point earlier on a ‘good tenant’, which I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on since you appear so taken by my comments.

‘By all means ask that the landlord gives you money’ is interesting wording. It’s very simple. There are currently very similar properties nearby available for less. I’d prefer not to move. But I’ll happily do so if I’m getting better value elsewhere.

Is there also properties that are the same or cost more in your area? There is no point but picking when you say this and you are much better off giving us the entire picture

Fol20 wrote: »
    Is there also properties that are the same or cost more in your area? There is no point but picking when you say this and you are much better off giving us the entire picture

It’s a large area with a varying degree of property types and sizes. I can find some similar properties at a higher price.

Dav010 wrote: »
    I think what was meant was, areas tend to be designated RPZs due to lack of availability and escalating prices, it would be atypical to have a RPZ where there is lots of properties available at lower than market rate.

Nicely worded by comparison.

I wouldn’t say lots but there are some.

It’s a large area with a varying degree of property types and sizes. I can find some similar properties at a higher price.

The fact there are some with higher prices means this is more than likely the market rate. Due to rpz, some ll might be stifled on how quick they can increase the rent. Eg two identical house might have a 300euro difference not because one is better than the other but because one ll increased it more often than the other to avoid the rpz mess. In your case, i would be honest with yourself: If you left tomorrow, would the ll get the rate he is looking for. If the answer is yes, then this isnt above market rate, if it is a no, then have a chat with your ll.

The fact there are some with higher prices means this is more than likely the market rate. Due to rpz, some ll might be stifled on how quick they can increase the rent. Eg two identical house might have a 300euro difference not because one is better than the other but because one ll increased it more often than the other to avoid the rpz mess. In your case, i would be honest with yourself: If you left tomorrow, would the ll get the rate he is looking for. If the answer is yes, then this isnt above market rate, if it is a no, then have a chat with your ll.

I’ll have a chat regardless of market analysis and formulue. If we can agree a lesser increase then great. If not, I’ll then decide my next steps.

• Advertisement

I’ll have a chat regardless of market analysis and formulue. If we can agree a lesser increase then great. If not, I’ll then decide my next steps.

No harm in doing it. Just be careful with what you say and do not go into it in a confrontational manner.

Logically and financially, it more than likely doesn’t make sense to give you a decrease.

No harm in doing it. Just be careful with what you say and do not go into it in a confrontational manner.

Logically and financially, it more than likely doesn’t make sense to give you a decrease.

I agree. I certainly wouldn’t be confrontational. Entirely up to the LL whether or not they will agree to a lesser increase. I know the answer if I got one the LLs on this thread, that’s for sure :-)

Advertisement