Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice

Options
  • 29-01-2020 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi

I am sharing with someone and she's here over a year, i've lived in the property a good few longer. Basically she has turned quite strange lately. I just don't feel comfortable living with her anymore..

We don't have a lease signed..

Can I ask her to move out or should I mention it to the landlord first ? I don't want to say anything to her until I know what rights she has etc .. I really don't want to move out.

All advice welcome
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,523 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If she is paying rent directly to the landlord, she is a tenant, same as you, and even though you have no lease, she has Part 4 rights. You can ask her to leave, but he does not have to and the LL can’t evict her just because she is a bit strange.

If she is paying rent to you and you are sub letting, then she may be a licensee and has less rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭remembering

Thanks a mil for replying. She's paying rent to landlord

Guess I'm screwed so!!

Thanks

Advertisement