Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New-ish Custom Crashing During Gameplay

Options
  • 29-01-2020 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor
    Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
    RAM: 16 GB
    Storage: 1 TB SSD
    Motherboard: MPG X570 Gaming Edge

I think that's the most important specs out of the way. Hopefully someone here can give me some advice. I have the machine 2/3 months now. No issues really up until now as I've been mostly playing old games. I bought Monster Hunter World and Planet Zoo quite recently. Mostly they've been running fine, but each of them are crashing in a unique way to each other (MH World being the biggest problem right now).

For Planet Zoo, it just randomly crashes sometimes. 99% of the time, it crashes to the desktop and a bug reporter for the game opens up. It doesn't crash very often. MH World on the other hand is a different story.

Firstly, the game just freezes for maybe 2-3 seconds. Then the screen flickers for a moment, the normal desktop mouse cursor (good old white arrow) appears, then the screen goes black with a dark grey bar for ~3 seconds, then the screen goes completely black and the monitor seemingly shuts itself off. What's strange is the game's music is still going on in the background. I literally cannot do anything after this happens, including Ctrl+Alt+Delete doesn't work. Just sits there for eternity with the music still blaring, monitor completely black, etc. No other sounds btw, just music. There is no gameplay sound at all.

Someone on the game's thread here suggested to me that it could be the graphics driver has stopped responding as they had no such issues with the game. I checked that all drivers etc were updated, and they were.

I've contacted the company I bought the computer from and am awaiting a response. Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks in advance for any advice, I really do appreciate it. I've been saving for a good gaming PC for years and finally decided to treat myself for once in my life. And now this happens. I swear, if I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck!

Wasn't sure whether to post it in the general Computer forum or here, I figured here might be a better option. Mods, please move if not appropriate.

Comments

Advertisement