Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extension cost

Options
  • 30-01-2020 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

I had a quote for a conservatory/extension to the rear of the house. Its 15sqm. They look after ground works etc. No need to move drains.

Cost 37k

Included in that price is:

Solid roof with 3 skylights.

One french door.
    Two windows on one side and three glass panels on the other side.
    Internal Walls plastered. Exterior wall rendered to match house.

2 electrical sockets
    2 radiators
    spray foam roof insulation

Floor insulation

Not included is flooring or painting. I would also have to look after the alarm side of things myself.
    I also have side access.

A 20sqm version is 43k

Those prices include a new oil boiler (3500k) allowed for this.

Im based in the midlands.

What do you think? It seems a little high to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Its not high as the extensions proposed are small. The bigger the building the cheaper it would get per square meter (with the exception of the childrens hospital). The 20 sqm is a little over €2000 per sqm which isn’t bad for that size. If it was 40 sqm which is the max allowed without planning permission I’d be looking for a lower rate per sqm.

The details are very light. Like what thickness is the floor insulation? Are you getting triple glazed windows and skylights? What build up is the external wall and what insulation and thickness does it have? The overall lack of details would concern me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

I had a quote for a conservatory/extension to the rear of the house. Its 15sqm. They look after ground works etc. No need to move drains.

Cost 37k

Included in that price is:

Solid roof with 3 skylights.

One french door.
    Two windows on one side and three glass panels on the other side.
    Internal Walls plastered. Exterior wall rendered to match house.

2 electrical sockets
    2 radiators
    spray foam roof insulation

Floor insulation

Not included is flooring or painting. I would also have to look after the alarm side of things myself.
    I also have side access.

A 20sqm version is 43k

Those prices include a new oil boiler (3500k) allowed for this.

Im based in the midlands.

What do you think? It seems a little high to me.

Seems cheap to me! I’m paying 63k in Dublin for 21sqm at a very high spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

Dudda wrote: »

The details are very light. Like what thickness is the floor insulation? Are you getting triple glazed windows and skylights? What build up is the external wall and what insulation and thickness does it have? The overall lack of details would concern me.

And silent on airtightness!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks for the input so far. I've to sit down with the supplier and go through a better breakdown of the above information. I'll report back when I have that information.

Advertisement