Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planting Daffodils now?

Options
  • 30-01-2020 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for advice. I found a sack of daffs cleaning out the shed yesterday. Is it worth my while planting them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,331 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd take the attitude that they definitely won't flower in the shed!

So stick them down, if it's too late they'll flower next year for you.

In my experience daff bulbs are incredibly resilient, and you never know they might produce an auld flower this time - although I doubt it, mine are just starting to show buds now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,433 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Sort through them, any that are less than full and firm are not worth planting. Any good ones might just stir this year but more likely will either grow next year, or rot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭MacDanger

HugoIrl wrote: »
    Hi, looking for advice. I found a sack of daffs cleaning out the shed yesterday. Is it worth my while planting them?

I planted some last year around the 16th Jan and they flowered okay so I'd say put them down. As HeidiHeidi said, they're not going to get any better in the shed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭HugoIrl

Thanks all, that's my plans for the afternoon sorted :-)

Advertisement