Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch Repair Experience

Options
  • 30-01-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi I sent back my switch as it was getting harder to charge, got a message from the repair centre that the pins were bent and I have to pay 55stg, I have demanded to see proof that this was user error and not a fault on their end. Has anyone else had this kind of experience from Nintendo ? have to say I am pretty pissed at this has not really been used and I do believe that this is something that started happening over time as its always been a bit flaky when charging.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi I sent back my switch as it was getting harder to charge, got a message from the repair centre that the pins were bent and I have to pay 55stg, I have demanded to see proof that this was user error and not a fault on their end. Has anyone else had this kind of experience from Nintendo ? have to say I am pretty pissed at this has not really been used and I do believe that this is something that started happening over time as its always been a bit flaky when charging.

Switch is using almost USB-C charging port. If you ever used non-genuine equipment to charge it, it might have had bent the pins all right.

It is criminal IMHO, but that's how Nintendo operates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

grogi wrote: »
    Switch is using almost USB-C charging port. If you ever used non-genuine equipment to charge it, it might have had bent the pins all right.

It is criminal IMHO, but that's how Nintendo operates.

Yeah it is possible I damaged it even trying to clean the contacts, it will be interesting to see if they supply proof that the damage was caused by me.
    Its a pity as their support on the DS was second to none, no receipt no problem if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

I sent back my sons one.the tip of the head phone broke off inside the headphone jack.i could not get it out.
    They paid for postage to nintendo uk but then sent me an email asking for 158 pounds for repair.
    Crazy price.i told them don't repair it just send it back.
    Gamestop repair them im told.im going to try them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I sent back my sons one.the tip of the head phone broke off inside the headphone jack.i could not get it out.
    They paid for postage to nintendo uk but then sent me an email asking for 158 pounds for repair.

Tiny dab of superglue inside the end of a biro inner, push it in, it'll get the broken headphone bit out. I was skeptical but it genuinely works. You can actually try without the glue first. Good few YouTube videos on it. Ymmv though, worth a try before shelling out money.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Tiny dab of superglue inside the end of a biro inner, push it in, it'll get the broken headphone bit out. I was skeptical but it genuinely works. You can actually try without the glue first. Good few YouTube videos on it. Ymmv though, worth a try before shelling out money.

Yea thanks i did try it.it didn't work for me.i think ill give it another shot when it comes back.i did that before successfully with a tv headphone socket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 mianut

Hi, by any chance did gamestop fix it ? I have a joy con button issue that I know was done by my daughter by accident but i can buy a new one for €50 so might nit even bother with Nintendo

mianut wrote: »
    Hi, by any chance did gamestop fix it ? I have a joy con button issue that I know was done by my daughter by accident but i can buy a new one for €50 so might nit even bother with Nintendo

I enquired but didn't go with them.120 euros to fix the console itself.i don't know about fixing only the joycon.i bought a bluetooth adapter for the switch and it did the trick.bluetooth headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

I got a controller repaired from Gamestop for 30e was back in the store in a few days some of the other places were quoting mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Smurf123

I bought a switch lite last week from Argos and the I’m finding the fan to be very loud when playing games. I’m just wondering is this normal or should I get it replaced?

Smurf123 wrote: »
    I bought a switch lite last week from Argos and the I’m finding the fan to be very loud when playing games. I’m just wondering is this normal or should I get it replaced?

Well if you only bought it last week and there is something wrong with it.takevit back to argos.they are under obligation to repair or replace.

• Advertisement
Advertisement