Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help wiring a new thermostat

Options
  • 30-01-2020 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I am changing an old wall thermostat and replacing with a new digital one.

The old one has 3 wires... L, N and a grey one which I assume is the 'call for heat' wire for the gas boiler. See the pic for current wiring.

The new digital thermostat has 4 wire terminals (see pic of new stat). L & N obviously, and I have tried the grey wire in terminal 1 and 2 already. On both occasions, the stat powers up and I can hear it clicking/switching to call for heat but the boiler doesn't fire up as expected.

I wonder if I need to put a joining wire between L or N in to the 1 or 2 terminals to close the circuit? Not sure what the right combination is here and I don't want to damage the heating system or the new stat. Any guidance is much appreciated. Thanks all!

Comments

Youre right,
    you need to link the L to pin 1 and the single gray to pin 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Youre right,
    you need to link the L to pin 1 and the single gray to pin 2.

Thanks a million. I'll give it a go and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrMagoo

Worked perfectly! Thanks again for the help BrownFinger.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Good result!

Another happy customer :D

Advertisement