Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online banking login (nightmare)!

• 30-01-2020 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I am with Ulster bank, typically i use the app. But had to "try" log in to the website today. Its an absolute joke -

Unique Customer ID #
    Then selective digits from a PIN and
    selective digits from a Password.

I forgot these, so need to register for internet banking- a/c #, sort number, debit card required.

Jesus christ, im only trying to access my account, not launch a nuclear weapon.
    In the US, a password and username was required to access my online account.
    Are all Irish banks online service like this..

(I know i should just remember my details, but then id have nothing to rant about)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

https://www.centralbank.ie/regulation/psd2-overview

sure KBC are just as bad,

if i want to log in online i need to use the app on my phone to generate a security code or else use a card reader each time i want to log in.

sure if i have the app open i dont need the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Took me three attempts yesterday to login to EBS. It involves an app on your phone which gets an alert when you're logging in. You enter your userid and three randon digits from your PIN on a browser sesssion, then they send a challenge to the app in your phone, a panel pops up on your phone, you tap 'confirm' and that's supposed to get you in.

Yesterday, first attempt seemed to work, the challenge was sent to my phone, I tapped 'confirm' on the phone but on the laptop browser session, it said there was a 'problem' with the authentication so I closed down the browser window. Opened a new session and tried again, this time the challenge went into the ether but never popped up on my phone. Third attempt worked. PITA :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭dennyk

https://www.centralbank.ie/regulation/psd2-overview

sure KBC are just as bad,

if i want to log in online i need to use the app on my phone to generate a security code or else use a card reader each time i want to log in.

sure if i have the app open i dont need the website

That would be fine if it was just for logging in (2FA is the way things are these days, no escaping it), but you also have to get a new security code for literally everything you click on on the website. Log in? Need a code. View your account details? Code. View your transactions? Another code. View statements? Code for each statement. Want to actually do something with your account like transfer some money? God help you, you'll be entering codes all day. It's ridiculous.

Advertisement