Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Insurance, Illness cover etc

• 30-01-2020 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    I have just revisited my wife and I's life cover. We originally took it out through a broker back in 2007, really just because we had to as part of getting our mortgage. We didn't put any thought into it tbh. We were young and going to live forever of course.

Anyway, its Guaranteed Term Cover. €300,000 each. Its €52 a month.
    Recently I've been thinking about 'What about a bad illness befalls us, or even the kids' etc.

Now thankfully, nothing has happened to either of us, and we are all healthy etc, but I just got to thinking about worse case scenarios etc. I'm 39, My wife is 43. Kids are 9, 8 and 6. Can anyone recommend a scheme that would protect us not only in case of death, but also in case of serious illness (Pay mortgage etc). I have heard about policies that pay out if you don't die by the end of the term (Yay, I'm not dead, AND im getting some money back:) ) etc too.
    Would anyone have any advice on it?
    Thank all.

Advertisement