Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cert of compliance needed

Options
  • 30-01-2020 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently sale agreed on a house since mid Dec. We are still awaiting contracts to be issued - I have been told they are awaiting a certificate of compliance from an architect but I'm unsure why this is needed? It's a 1980's bungalow, any idea why this is required?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭accensi0n

paul-2008 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently sale agreed on a house since mid Dec. We are still awaiting contracts to be issued - I have been told they are awaiting a certificate of compliance from an architect but I'm unsure why this is needed? It's a 1980's bungalow, any idea why this is required?

For the kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

accensi0n wrote: »
    For the kitchen extension.

There's no extensions to the original house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭PommieBast

No certificate means the property is not regarded as planning permission compliant, in which case banks will likely refuse to release mortgage funds.

PommieBast wrote: »
    No certificate means the property is not regarded as planning permission compliant, in which case banks will likely refuse to release mortgage funds.

Should this not be done at the time of building?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Should this not be done at the time of building?

Lots of things "should" be done, but aren't.

It actually should have been organised before they put they house up for sale

• Advertisement

Might just be a red herring to excuse inactivity. If you went sale agreed in mid december, nothing might have been done to get things moving until earlier this month. Some solicitors can be very slow.

Might just be a red herring to excuse inactivity. If you went sale agreed in mid december, nothing might have been done to get things moving until earlier this month. Some solicitors can be very slow.

Yeah this may be the case! Expecting contracts to be issued today so we will wait.... this is the 3rd week in a row we have been "assured" we will have them

Advertisement