Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New EV from MG...

Options
  • 30-01-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Just been browsing youtube and see there is a new EV on the market (well UK market anyway) in the shape of a EV SUV called the MG ZS EV.

starting price in UK is £22,495.00 OTR - (= €26,700.euro) - could be a contender against the renault zoe couldnt it be maybe (which is the cheapest EV in ireland at the moment isnt it?) - but I havent heard of any MG dealers in ireland at all personally so maybe one would have to import it from UK if a person wanted one. I was going to say that then you will have the import charge duty to pay on it but then I think I recall EV's are not subject to import tax (is that right?)

Now on the other side of things , its only MG by name (bought by a china company I think) so not MG of old (like the old British built MG racing cars and domesticated MG marketed cars in the UK in the 80's - that got a bad name of quality and reliability ) so that might put people off. Not the best trim on the models apparently (the plastics feel a bit cheap in places apparently) but seems like its got good enough specs. Think even the cheapest version has apple car play and android auto and i think even a large sunroof on either the cheapest spec model (maybe i'm wrong?) the next model up (exclusive model) is priced from £24,500

45kw/h water cooled battery - 163 miles range (combined) 0-80% in 40 minutes (on rapid charger) 6.5hrs overnight on a standard 7kw home charger.

https://mg.co.uk/mg-zs-electric/

501481.jpg

Comments

Advertisement