Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile - SIM only. How do I upgrade to contract if want a handset?

Options
  • 30-01-2020 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

I'm a bit confused by this. I have a SIM-only plan with Eir mobile and my handset's not working properly and I was considering the possibility of upgrading to a bill pay contract phone.

I went on their website, assuming there was some easy way of getting pricing on this only to discover that they seem to be insistent that I cannot 'upgrade' until the end of 2020.

As far as I was aware, I was only in a month-to-month mobile contract, so I contacted their online chat who, perfectly politely told me that I was ineligible for any handset 'upgrade' until December 2020.

It makes absolutely no sense. Here I am offering to give them more money and they are turning me away and I might even switch network.

Do I have to cancel my exiting bill pay account and resubscribe to get a contract phone? If so that's a bit ridiculous and it's also not explained on their website anywhere.

My account's in good standing. I have no issues with them running a credit check or anything like that, but it's just crazy that they seem to just shut down and not want any further business.

It looks like their system is just applying some notional 12 month plan to the month-to-month contract and their online support people haven't a clue what's going on.

I might just buy a SIM-free phone elsewhere, but it just seems rather strange to be turning away business like that.

Advertisement