Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete account and username

Options
  • 30-01-2020 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I would like to delete my account, username and posts. I have figured out how to delete my account, but it looks as though it doesn't remove all traces of me.

Is there a way around this?

Also, my registered email address is no longer active and hasn't been for years, in case I need to verify it.

Thanks,

ET

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi there,

Please email datarequests@boards.ie referencing your Boards.ie username and the email address that is associated with it if you would like to proceed with an erasure request. As per our GDPR policy, we do not delete posts wholesale. Where posts contain Personal Data, please send us the URLs of the posts and we will review and redact the Personal Data. 

Posts are, however, anonymised on a thread-by-thread basis and we will delete personal data from your user profile in the database, which will result in the closing of your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

if u delete ur account does it remove the association of your user name with the posts or would it still show up but just with no actual profile information when u click into ur name
    just curious as I know boards.ie would not remove user name before

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

if u delete ur account does it remove the association of your user name with the posts or would it still show up but just with no actual profile information when u click into ur name
    just curious as I know boards.ie would not remove user name before

If you simply close an account, the username remains. If you submit an erasure request under GDPR via email or PM, the username beside each of your posts is anonymised (random words) on a thread-by-thread basis and you can't click on this username to access the User Profile, find other posts, etc. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

If you simply close an account, the username remains. If you submit an erasure request under GDPR via email or PM, the username beside each of your posts is anonymised (random words) on a thread-by-thread basis and you can't click on this username to access the User Profile, find other posts, etc. Hope that helps.

Excellent, thanks Mark. I will send an email later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement