Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NDLS / Drivers license renewal office in Cork?

Options
  • 30-01-2020 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭

Anyone know why the Cork Driver license office will not take bookings online anymore as every location nationwide you can book except for it?

501469.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Just walk in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Just walk in

How long of a wait should I expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

BailMeOut wrote: »

It honestly varies. I find showing up at 9am on the dot is a waste of time as loads of people do it.

When renewing my bike licence I showed up on a Tuesday or something around 12 and was out around 1.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It honestly varies. I find showing up at 9am on the dot is a waste of time as loads of people do it.

When renewing my bike licence I showed up on a Tuesday or something around 12 and was out around 1.

Thanks. Wonder why Cork is the only centre in country that you cannot book?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

https://ndls.rsa.ie/
    Try renewing it online

• Advertisement

https://ndls.rsa.ie/
    Try renewing it online

That would be nice but I'd need a Public Services Card first and do not have one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I went in either late morning or early afternoon (avoiding early morning or lunch time) and had to wait less than 5 minutes. In fact, people who had booked were waiting longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

That would be nice but I'd need a Public Services Card first and do not have one of these.

I thought the Data Commissioner ruled they couldn’t do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deep_learning

I went in either late morning or early afternoon (avoiding early morning or lunch time) and had to wait less than 5 minutes. In fact, people who had booked were waiting longer.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Deep_learning

Thanks. Wonder why Cork is the only centre in country that you cannot book?

There are slots available now and it is possible to book (but these will probably be gone very quickly.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭RINO87

Sonics2k wrote: »

Agreed. Was a walk in recently at half eleven, out in around half an hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lisamullins83

Keep an eye on it daily. The slots become available alright but get booked really quickly. Hopefully you'll get lucky...

thanks everyone - I am good now.

Was just strange that Cork is the only centre in Ireland that has this issue.

Advertisement