Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Celbridge

Options
  • 30-01-2020 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I'm just curious about moving to Celbridge, particularly St. Patrick's park. Reading through old posts here, it seems to have a reputation but most people say it's fine. Does anyone have a more up to date review of the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

I'm just curious about moving to Celbridge, particularly St. Patrick's park. Reading through old posts here, it seems to have a reputation but most people say it's fine. Does anyone have a more up to date review of the area?

What I have done in the past when researching areas, put the area/address with inverted commas into Google and click on news, this should bring up local and national news stories, if there are multiple stories from national newspapers, it shows there is an element of criminality in the area, you will also be able to see these by date so it will give an idea of what the neighborhood is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

It depends on which end of the Park

• Registered Users Posts: 21 passecompose

Sparky85 wrote: »
    It depends on which end of the Park

Ok, could you elaborate on which part is best to avoid?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

Historically the closer to the town you get, the more issues. That’s not to say theres not potential for bad neighbours in any area of an estate.
    My view is the area around the green facing out onto church road is best but that’s a personal view.

I would absolutely recommend calling into neighbours in all houses 3-4 each side of you as a must to see who you’ll be living amongst if you’re buying

• Registered Users Posts: 21 passecompose

Historically the closer to the town you get, the more issues. That’s not to say theres not potential for bad neighbours in any area of an estate.
    My view is the area around the green facing out onto church road is best but that’s a personal view.

I would absolutely recommend calling into neighbours in all houses 3-4 each side of you as a must to see who you’ll be living amongst if you’re buying

Good advice. I'll do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Good advice. I'll do that

Good piece of advice I got recently was to drop into the local Garda station to get a steer as to what an area might be like.

I lived in Celbridge and think I know the estate youre on about. It has a bit of an old council estate look about it. It's basically in the town or just off it, so well located for transport etc. Seems a quiet estate, rarely see anyone out in it. It's a bit concrete jungle if I'm to be picky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Would second that also... just from my own opinion from running/walking through the estate. The houses at the back looking onto the green are by far the better end. Houses on the main st end are rougher looking, have seen broken windows and other red flags over the years, that end also gets a lot of passing traffic and I would guess groups of teens spilling over from the main st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The Park is a mature estate, it's absolutely grand. A lot of elderly people and adult lifelong residents. The part a lot of people feel is nicer off Tea Lane is the Old Park, the houses there are a good 20 years older than the rest so may need more extensive refurbishment work. Just worth bearing in mind.

The middle row is private bungalows and the new bungalows at the very back are mixed social / private.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Moved to Celbridge last year - love it, only complaint is we need more buses.

I don't live in St Patricks Park but I walk through the estate in its entirety almost daily as a shortcut to the village. One or two of the houses are a bit run down but other than that it seems absolutely fine. To be honest, if I hadn't heard about its prior reputation, I never would have noticed anything different about it compared to anywhere else in Celbridge really.

I walk/run through on weekend mornings, weekday evenings at rush hour, weekday evenings en route down to village, and have walked through with a few drinks on board late at night/in the early hours many a time as well. Never encountered anything offputting or unusual. In fact I very often get a greeting from one or two of the older members of the estate :)

Advertisement