Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate transactions - disgrace

Options
  • 30-01-2020 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

For days now BOI is holding a duplicate transaction on my account, of which one should have never happened and should be released instantly. 

These duplicate transactions are a normal thing with BOI, but they shouldn't be. You are withholding money that's not yours. 

A payment to an airliner for 2000 euro has be held on my account twice. This means that I do not have access to 2000 euro, which are mine, and no one else's. I have to wait for this ghost transaction to be released, so have access to the funds again.

Its a disgrace, you need to sort out your accounting process, because this is just unacceptable. 

PS: I just checked and the original payment was made the 23rd of January. So over a week now. Ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Poncke

Thanks so much for taking the time to check the transaction query with us, sorry to hear of your recent situation.

We would like to share some information in relation to why this may have duplicated on your account with the airline.

We are aware some companies/ retailers will put through an initial pre-authorisation payment on a customers card. As this is a live card, the amount they put through with your card is going to debit from your account. They may then decide then to put through a second payment and fully process it, this is likely why the duplicate is now showing on your bank account.

Just to mention, with their initial pre authorisation payment, if they decide to not fully process this and add the second payment, the initial payment will disappear automatically on your account within 5 business days for you.

Some retailers maybe aware of above and will direct their customer to contact their bank for a resolution. I'm afraid, as the resolution is automatic, we are unable to resolve this quicker for you. We would ask you to contact the airline and share the information we have given to you here today. They will need to contact their merchant service provider to release the payment sooner.

I also notice, you mention the transaction was on 23rd, we would have expected this to be resolved today for you. If it's possible it was made late on the 23rd, it will resolve by this coming Monday for you.

We do hope the information helps, any further questions feel free to check back with us.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/transactions-appearing-twice-account-evening/

Blame the retailer fine, but this is also a BOI issue. No transaction should have to appear twice on a bank account. And by reading the forum here, many people are bothered by your accounting mess. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Poncke for coming back to us.

Sorry you did not find the information helpful.

BOI will facilitate the card however the debits are then requested and processed by the retailer. Completely understand your frustration, it is a large amount to be awaiting to resolve.

The link within your above post is giving information in relation to customers logging into their account late in the evening. When bookkeeping is updating, customers may see duplicate transactions on their account. During this time, the balance will not be affected on the account and restores as soon as bookkeeping as been completed.

We do hope this corrects shortly for you.

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement