Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarification of boundary

Options
  • 30-01-2020 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am considering building along the boundary and obviously want to make sure it is clear before I approach neighbours etc.

I have a couple of questions:
    1. When I look at my property on the landdirect.ie website it says "boundaries and Plan area are not conclusive" - Section 62(2) of the Registration of Title Act 2006 and also Rule 8(3) of the Land Registration Rules 2012. I'm not a lawyer - can anyone tell me what these mean?

2. When I look at the map it seems to me to differ from what's on the ground. There is a fence that is in and out all over the place and nowhere near a straight line. Just from looking at it on the website it looks to me like I am losing out with what is on the ground. Which takes precedence - the map or what's there?

3. What is the best way to clarify/rectify this before I go any further with any plans to build anything.
    Hope this is in the right forum.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭Cerco

You need to employ a land surveyor who will determine your boundaries. Give them your folio number(s) and they will get the maps and measure your site. For info on chartered surveyors check the SCSI website.

Advertisement