Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why I'm Voting for FG

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Calhoun wrote: »
    No I did not but I don't see why that should make a difference.

Let me guess you like covering up rape and pedophilia by Sinn Fein? I suppose if we are straw manning to discredit each other I might as well do it on the basis of your seemingly blindness to some of SF most recent crimes.

Where on earth did he/she defend that? There's more than SF in opposition to the SCC, it was a reasonable point and one worth digesting rather than suggesting that he/she is posting in defense of pedophilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Yurt! wrote: »
    Using that logic we should dispense with the DPP as well as juries.

Well the best way would be to ensure we have a decent replacement / system in place before we would remove it.

I just don't trust a criminal organization who say we should remove it or those who minimise the concerns that others have about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

Asitis2019 wrote: »
    Let me start out by saying that I am not an FG voter. I'm not a member of the party, and I have no FG connections. I'm not even a big fan of the current FG government. In fact, I think Varadkar has shown very little leadership, and has performed poorly during the campaign so far

HOWEVER, I see no viable alternative to the current administration. Setting aside the incompetence of Harris, the lack of substance of Murphy, the gombeenish of Ring and Humpreys, etc, the validity of Varadkar, there is a group of experienced politicians, including Coveney, , McEntee, Donohoe, Bruton, McHugh, and to a much lesser extent Creed.

My main concern is to replace that experience team with a set of unknowns - Martin has extensive experience; but most of his front bench don't and they certainly don't have proven track record in finance, foreign affairs, etc.

No, we need an FG-Labour government. Replacing Harris, Murphy, and the like with some experienced politicians like Howling, Burton, Kelly, etc. would be a much stronger cabinet. When you strip away health and housing, FG have not done a bad job. And in reality, both health and housing are improving.

I do not have any time for my FG candidate, but I have learned that a GE vote is not a personal vote - it is a party vote. I'm not voting FF because in doing so I would be voting for tweaks to policy without the backing of experience.

Your reasons are weak. If you voted for experience only- we'd never change governments.
    If however you said with the real brexit negotiations just beginning it might be a bad idea to change horses.
    Yes FG have done a good job managing the economy but if you vote FG or FF you will get the same crap health service. Both parties believe in small increases. Thus most of us will be in the ground by time we have access to it .

Calhoun wrote: »

I just don't trust a criminal organization who say we should remove it or those who minimise the concerns that others have about it.

How about the UNHCR, Amnesty International, the Irish Council of Civil Liberties or indeed former President Mary Robinson? Are they all on the Army Council too?

How about the UNHCR, Amnesty International, the Irish Council of Civil Liberties or indeed former President Mary Robinson? Are they all on the Army Council too?

No but where did I say any of those organizations were ? Only the shinner supporter tried to equate similar when the party was criticized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Maewyn Succat

They've got the most experience of being in opposition, being in power is a very different thing.

If we believe what they're saying then no one will wait for a second on a hospital waiting list, everyone who wants a social house will get one. Tax breaks for all. The corporations will pay but won't be packing up and leaving.

Personally I feel it will be the 'squeezed middle' who would end up paying for Sinn Fein's fantasies.

If you want any read into SF in power look at Northern Ireland. Mary Lou is president of the whole lot.

I'm just waiting for the promise from them that they'll rid Ireland of the coronavirus. There's so much blind faith in them from their followers that some would fall for it.

I'm just waiting for the promise from them that they'll rid Ireland of the coronavirus. There's so much blind faith in them from their followers that some would fall for it.

Well case in point above, there can be no legitimate concerns about any of their illegal past transgressions. The only people who complain about them are the vested interest of the south Dublin elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Bobtheman wrote: »
    Your reasons are weak. If you voted for experience only- we'd never change governments.
    If however you said with the real brexit negotiations just beginning it might be a bad idea to change horses.
    Yes FG have done a good job managing the economy but if you vote FG or FF you will get the same crap health service. Both parties believe in small increases. Thus most of us will be in the ground by time we have access to it .

The health services in this country are down to the trade unions, not political parties. Any sign of change and they either strike or demand wage increases so it doesn't matter who you put in power the result will be the same until that nettle is grasped. Voting for SF and expecting them to change the health service isn't going to happen unless the tiger kidnap a few union heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Amnesty, Irish Council for Civil Liberties and Mary Robinson. Who gives a fúck about what they think? The usual gang of do gooders

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

threeball wrote: »
    The health services in this country are down to the trade unions, not political parties. Any sign of change and they either strike or demand wage increases so it doesn't matter who you put in power the result will be the same until that nettle is grasped. Voting for SF and expecting them to change the health service isn't going to happen unless the tiger kidnap a few union heads.

Very Weird.

• Advertisement

Edgware wrote: »
    Amnesty, Irish Council for Civil Liberties and Mary Robinson. Who gives a fúck about what they think? The usual gang of do gooders

Do gooders, right. There we have it. I noticed you missed the United Nations. Do gooders also or inconveniently authoritative? Possibly in Sinn Fein too?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

I’m voting FG 1,2, then FF 3,4, then Labour 5. ... nutters nil points.

I wish there was somebody more to the right economically than FG but they’re all I’ve got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Do gooders, right. There we have it. I noticed you missed the United Nations. Do gooders also or inconveniently authoritative? Possibly in Sinn Fein too?

You're either a do gooder or a terrorist. Finnerbots are all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I’m voting FG 1,2, then FF 3,4, then Labour 5. ... nutters nil points.

I wish there was somebody more to the right economically than FG but they’re all I’ve got.

Are Renua still a thing?

McMurphy wrote: »
    Are Renua still a thing?

Pro life nutters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

McMurphy wrote: »
    Are Renua still a thing?

I had a read of their FB page, they've gone in to full headbanger mode. I would have given them a vote last time out for their economic plans if there was a candidate in my constituency, not so this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭threeball

Very Weird.

What's wierd. There's mountains of money poured into the health services in this country. We could put in another 5 billion but it won't change the system which is controlled by the work practices which dont deliver and theres no appetite to change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Pro life nutters

please elaborate, what makes them nutters? wanting to protect the life of the unborn? arent you lucky you parents didnt have access to abortion if they wanted to avail of it. be pro choice, fine. But being pro life made them nutters? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Idbatterim wrote: »
    please elaborate, what makes them nutters? wanting to protect the life of the unborn? arent you lucky you parents didnt have access to abortion if they wanted to avail of it. be pro choice, fine. But being pro life made them nutters? :rolleyes:

Denying a woman rights over her own body makes them nutters. Old news now as sense prevailed.

Denying a woman rights over her own body makes them nutters. Old news now as sense prevailed.

a party that would have offered a different voice! abortion was always going to go ahead. they should have absolutely just gone with whatever way the wind blowed, like the rest of them did. or ideally just formed after that farce, was decided. so a party a lot of us would have liked, gone, because of one highly divisive and was always going to be irrelevant issue after the referendum :rolleyes:

ill give their candidate in my area a vote if they still have one running, if they get two percent or more of the national vote, they will receive two hundred k a year funding, better than whatever other **** this state would spend it on.

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »

Yes - pro life are nutters IMO.
    If I find out any of the candidates that I’m thinking of voting for are pro life, I’ll drop them like a stone.

If I find out any of the candidates that I’m thinking of voting for are pro life, I’ll drop them like a stone.

yeah you have tons of choice! actually speaking of choice, you want to begrudge me a party that would look after taxpayers? the irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

do you have any other red lines or just the now totally moot point of pro life?

Pro life nutters

Aontu have replaced them as the new version of that.

we all agree on areas like law and order, that health is poor etc. yet a party gets finished off, over one highly divisive issue! we get what we deserve here!

do you have any other red lines or just the now totally moot point of pro life?

Lefties like SF or Paul Murphy types won’t get a No. 12 from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Call Sinn Féin the party of wasters when it’s through Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and Labour policies we have wasters in the first place. In denial that Noonan, Kenny, Bruton after every budget in the Celtic Tiger calling Fianna Fáil miserly for giving a €10 increase in the rates of Child Benefit.

Lyndon B Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

It’s the exact same what Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil have done the past 100 years. We have young women in this country breeding like rabbits to get to the top of the council list and for financial gain, we have the children of these people thugs and African migrants going around terrorising people, taking and/or dealing in drugs, stealing etc and it’s all Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil’ doing.

Heroin has come to Thurles and Nenagh under Fine Gaels watch. The party tough on crime. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were getting backhanders because this was allowed to happen.

Call Sinn Féin the party of wasters when it’s through Fine Gael, Fianna Fáil and Labour policies we have wasters in the first place. In denial that Noonan, Kenny, Bruton after every budget in the Celtic Tiger calling Fianna Fáil miserly for giving a €10 increase in the rates of Child Benefit.

Lyndon B Johnson once said, "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

It’s the exact same what Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil have done the past 100 years. We have young women in this country breeding like rabbits to get to the top of the council list and for financial gain, we have the children of these people thugs and African migrants going around terrorising people, taking and/or dealing in drugs, stealing etc and it’s all Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil’ doing.

Heroin has come to Thurles and Nenagh under Fine Gaels watch. The party tough on crime. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were getting backhanders because this was allowed to happen.

How do you think SF will address any of this? if their message is to be believed they are more open to the council houses, drug reform and immigration than FG or FF.

Brilliant post. I mean varadkar varadkar earlier called sf weak on crime. What have fg done ? All of these idiots on the leaders debate were talking about more gardai! What top comedy. Only more prison spaces will take the scum off the streets !

The more you think about all of it, it really starts to make sense. There are so many financial black holes , that fg voters are dismayed with not getting rewarded for work. But there is literally nothing left to give back to workers , because resources ( read euros ) are just being swallowed at an alarming rate. And you are right GAA ff , fg etc have stood by and done nothing to stop the insanity. And are now possibly going to lose power for bending over backwards for scum , who would never vote for them anyway. It’s totally insane. I’m glad the chickens are coming home to roost. We have extreme weak government and it’s going to seriously start manifesting itself over the next few years I reckon !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I think I will be voting for FF. The housing crisis is a huge problem and it's an effect from the bust. FG never addressed the housing crisis. Michael Martin touched on something earlier in the week on one of the leaders debates saying something about a lot of young adults living at home with their parents because housing is unaffordable and they are not factored into the homeless figures. FG never addressed that part of the homelessness crisis and they have their heads in the sand with Leo encouraging adults to go to the bank of Mammy and Daddy for a deposit. FF are aware of how serious the homelessness mess is. There's people sleeping on the streets. Young adults not able to move out from their parents house. I'm willing to vote FF and give them a go. I like MM as well. He did some great things for Ireland when he was part of government. The smoking ban comes to mind. I think MM has the vision to implement improvements and get things done.

Advertisement