Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you know who or what to vote for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Zaph wrote: »
    This site might help you. Just select your constituency and answer the questions.
    Labour then social Democrats... interesting

Jesus christ do your own research and vote for who you want based on that.

This generation of spoon fed little brats want everything decided and handed to them.
    Would you prefer
    1-Ok Boomer
    Or
    2-Old man yells at cloud picture
    Take your pick!

What's your generation? Tell us about the olden days!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

gmisk wrote: »
    Would you prefer
    1-Ok Boomer
    Or
    2-Old man yells at cloud picture
    Take your pick!

What's your generation? Tell us about the olden days!

Can people not make their own minds up anymore?

Actually, don't answer that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

The irony of people being afraid of artificial intelligence, when the populace itself has turned into uniform robots.

jaxxx wrote: »
    The irony of people being afraid of artificial intelligence, when the populace itself has turned into uniform robots.

Ah jaysus

• Advertisement

Of course they can, chill out it's just a bit of fun.
    I do think this is a pretty confusing election though the debates of which there have been tonnes have mostly been a shambles which doesn't help. As usual most parties making crazy promises they are never going to keep.
    So you need to do your own digging really or look at parties or individuals past performances for the most part

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Do you ever sit down with your mates or colleagues and chat about politics. Forums are the online version of that. This is OP doing research.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

This generation of spoon fed little brats want everything decided and handed to them.

I'm voting they way my father voted, and his father before him

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    Do you ever sit down with your mates or colleagues and chat about politics. Forums are the online version of that. This is OP doing research.

Right, give us your input to how the OP should vote so?

I'm voting they way my father voted, and his father before him

Cool story

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Figuring things out for yourself is the only freedom anyone really has.
    Use that freedom.
    Make up your own mind, Rico.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭10pennymixup

How do you know who or what to vote for?

Every time in the past I tried to inform myself and weigh up the pro's and con's of each party manifesto and that of the individual candidate in my area. To decide what might be best for my family and our future.

This time I going to bring the dog for a walk the night before the election.

Whomever owns the poster on the pole that the dog pisses against first gets my number one.

Saves time and will probably bring about the exact same outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Jesus christ do your own research and vote for who you want based on that.

Aye, was better in the generation when people voted on the basis of a civil war and an Archbishop decided social policy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

What are your core values?

If you know, then try going to https://ireland.isidewith.com/parties/fianna-fail/policies and see what parties share those values.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Idbatterim wrote: »
    the only ones not actively attempting to further inflate the welfare state, other than the pensioners buy off, is FG. Ill vote for that, before voting for working poor on FIFTY percent marginal tax rates, paying for luxury apartments in dundrum. While themselves living in kips!
    Remind me, who's been in Government for the last nine years?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Remind me, who's been in Government for the last nine years?

those who will do the most damage limitation on welfare increases... Or are you telling me, much to my delight, that there is another party I can vote for, that will resist these rises?

Advertisement