Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sauce for chicken wing

Options
  • 31-01-2020 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Does anybody know what sauce is used on chicken wings in restaurants...I've baught a few in dunnes and tesco but my kids don't like them..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

july11 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what sauce is used on chicken wings in restaurants...I've baught a few in dunnes and tesco but my kids don't like them..thanks

If only there was a megathread on this very topic...

It's Frank's Red Hot Sauce, butter and a dash of vinegar*

*Depending on the venue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

Encona sauces are nice on chicken. Hard to get though. Iceland have them and the Asian market near the Jervis Luas stop on Abbey Street have the full range.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

If you scroll through the chicken wings megathread I think you'll find what you're looking for :)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144087

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

july11 wrote: »

I guarantee the sauce you have in Mind is Franks Hot Sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

And its the franks original mixed with butter. NOT THE FRANKS WINGS!! which is meant to have a horrible artifical taste.

THis one
    Franks_Red_Hot_Salsa_Picante_Original_1.jpg

not this
    0041500934303_3.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dial Hard wrote: »
    If only there was a megathread on this very topic...

It's Frank's Red Hot Sauce, butter and a dash of vinegar*

*Depending on the venue

And garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and worcestershire sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Boil chicken wings for a minute or two, dry with paper towel, dust in corn starch and throw into air fryer, or deep fry.

While thats going on, get a pot and put in Franks red hot ORIGINAL sauce and butter and heat gently. (i prefer the franks extra hot sauce personally) but thats not whats in the restaurant.

Douse the wings in the sauce.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

rubadub wrote: »
    And its the franks original mixed with butter. NOT THE FRANKS WINGS!! which is meant to have a horrible artifical taste.

I love the buffalo one, heated with a bit of butter and toss the wings in it - gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,837 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Will be doing my best to replicate these over the weekend. Wings in Pickle on Camden St.

Pickle Special Chicken Wings with Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Coconut Chutney

sR-F6C2EMdKBUWdAlAUunYO3Sj6Km5PE13AgyFk56hWs_eO3L8354PPVAWAUcJKQ_SrxZYUhkSjl5olLKDaZ5EhVu2yYk-2ez3RPaL15oLni5e4fnTOfV3CteoEBu0oBJyc6H0MSyzW41jk5QEMbtVMqoc0y2A-2u3IcI2Ke4ZlV0nxAFEX_dX0ZMeeLI7znxxWYMO-VjIiYXRLa-ZFZvlZ_sXRhoBL8zyxGKxTh3sLKSuMYO2R-wkAX2ZiQ5DOhaYvomEUDdrR61T4mWZFxcmE3vop-A_YZqmZzbP0gBY5ura3IjYt4VS6_nh3pTPYhfFvNuoxAmmWOs7JH6iehl2SZdIb2ZulO7DtdwMtTp1YUI7eIGlEJZXehZNugLtWf70Z5z2WBk3TY89ixQKYNQdyJn4Av9B7XyIVzEobCb9S9I3R0VnQCVTnGTxqc45zkN823CeQU2fXIWbeOafuEccE2wxjk0ktXSdOhMcGWn0hU-b68nSSp_7Hi4yLuJ-VzgbBV6iu6bxgLsEroyyG9DL4LGFUm2QL8-9WSeyZIcWwBC_EGTF3pfA1Odns7uYUGjrlTUo9yOb2QKQk4bV01y7yn2BjAv8gqVzZNArhcYEFVyN_zhAEPRcSHDO8WZAwUIZw1sqNvRSyWHSA8CmtsqmmBgiDS4Xa2O6GNdVUPgbNEEQnKY305JlV3=w834-h625-no

• Registered Users Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ That link doesn't seem to be working. I've tried to fix it but it's way too long to find the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

^ That link doesn't seem to be working. I've tried to fix it but it's way too long to find the problem.

this must be them
    https://lovindublin.com/food/best-chicken-wings-dublin

https://www.picklerestaurant.com/#Gallery

87b12b7f-5f46-4440-92f4-0da500c452e2.jpeg

Advertisement