Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit union debit still active

• 31-01-2020 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

Last week I paid the balance off my credit union loan so it was completely paid back and then I saw that this week the direct debit was still being taken from my bank account for it. Are they not supposed to stop it? How do I get that money back and stop the direct debit ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭joeguevara

You can ask for a refund of a dd with no questions asked. It should have stopped but if the person who originally set uptick up didn’t put an end date in it will continue. Request a stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Isn't it likely that the money went into your savings account in the credit union.

Perhaps you need to ask the credit union to cancel it.

Personally I would leave it going and build up savings. (Less likely to spend it from a CU account)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Was it definitely a direct debit taken by them and not a standing order automatically sent by yourself?

If the amount is not significant to you personally and you can afford it, I'd echo others and would leave it go into the savings to build up

Advertisement